Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Text Notifications on Alta HR after 11.1 update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I no longer get text notifications on my Fitbit Alta HR since iOS update 11.0. I get calls, but not text. I’ve tried all troubleshooting recommendations and reported issue to fitbit via chat. All notification settings in the app, in iPhone settings, and Bluetooth are set to on. Ive removed the app, removed device, reset the Fitbit, and added it all back on like new. Still have the issue. Please help. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @MiHD, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know the steps you've tried in order to resolve this issue. At this moment I would like to suggest you to reset Notifications from the app and enable All-day Sync by going to the Fitbit app > Account > Alta HR to improve the connection between your tracker and your phone. 

To reset Notifications:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone, then check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. 
  2. Restart your phone (once again if you have already)
  3. Open the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Alta HR > Notifications. 
  4. Enable Notifications and when you receive a pop up asking you to pair your tracker and your phone tap on OK.

I hope this can be helpful, if you're still having trouble receiving Notifications, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and take a screenshot of your current settings, then reply to me with it so I can check this situation further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply as well. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
211 REPLIES 211

Hello @MiHD, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know the steps you've tried in order to resolve this issue. At this moment I would like to suggest you to reset Notifications from the app and enable All-day Sync by going to the Fitbit app > Account > Alta HR to improve the connection between your tracker and your phone. 

To reset Notifications:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone, then check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. 
  2. Restart your phone (once again if you have already)
  3. Open the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Alta HR > Notifications. 
  4. Enable Notifications and when you receive a pop up asking you to pair your tracker and your phone tap on OK.

I hope this can be helpful, if you're still having trouble receiving Notifications, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and take a screenshot of your current settings, then reply to me with it so I can check this situation further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply as well. 

Best Answer

Unfortunately your suggested troubleshooting did not fix the issue. 

Heres a screenshot of my chat with Fitbit which has a case # for your review:

E9F95E33-3194-4B16-A9EE-66B50ACC2677.png

Here’s the screenshot you asked for:

23F794C5-8EB7-4F77-944B-50259AEC9677.png

I included the settings for notification screenshot:

C07ACA2A-9619-46B3-B600-6562073F75B1.png

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem now for over a month with the IPhone 8.  I’m literally at my wits end.  They even provided me a coupon to purchase another Alta.  But who’s to say the same thing won’t happen ??? 

Best Answer

Why does this show as an accepted solution when it did not solve the issue??? I want my Fitbit to get my text notifications! Please advise. 

Best Answer

Hello @Blanicjo and @MiHD, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have tried the troubleshooting steps I provided earlier. At this moment I will forward your information to our team so they can take a better look at this situation. Once I have more information to share with you about this issue I'll make sure to update the thread accordingly.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please refer to the screenshot I provided in my previous post showing you a case number from a chat conversation with another Fitbit rep who said they’d escalate my issue. I have yet to hear a word back from that and it’s been weeks. I am beyond frustrated at this point and will be considering other activity tracker options outside of Fitbit unless the problem is resolved soon. Thank you. 

Best Answer

Hello @MiHD, I appreciate you have taken the time to reply. 

Thanks for the information you've shared with me, our engineering team is aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. I have already checked the support case you mentioned and the information you provided there was also forwarded to our team. Please remember that we have received many reports of this issue happening so it's possible that our team will not address each person individually. 

As stated above, one I have more information to share with you about this issue, I'll make sure to update the thread. Additionally, please keep an eye on the pinned threads in the iOS board as new updates are also posted there.

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. 

Best Answer

I see there was an update for the Fitbit app today. It did not fix the text notification issue. Was it supposed to? 

Best Answer

I’m also having these same issues since getting IPhone 8+. Not receiving any text, email or calendar events. I’ve reset my Fitbit twice and have also powered off my IPhone. 

Best Answer

I know in my case it’s because neither iPhone 8, 8+, or iPhone X are supported devices yet.

Fitbit isn’t being very forthcoming with that information and just keeps redirecting frustrated customers to their endless pairing and syncing troubleshoots which do nothing.

Apparently a “fix” is coming that will add those phones to the list, like they didn’t see the new ones coming back in June or something after the Apple WWDC. Let’s hope they get their ducks in a row soon enough. It’s embarassing.

Best Answer

Hello @MiHD, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's nice to have you on board @psngt81 and @Meme-4, welcome! Smiley Happy

Please keep in mind that with the latest update the iPhone 8 and 8+ have now been added to the list of compatible devices. The iPhone X will be soon. 

At this moment I would like to suggest following these steps in order to reset Notifications on your phone and tracker:

• Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on tracker. Then tap on Forget this Device. 
  • Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. 
  • Open the app again and tap on Account > Your Tracker > Notifications. You will receive the following Pop-up:

BTPairing.jpg

• Then, once you tap on Set Up, the app will begin setting up your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone, which will prompt the next pop-up:

• BTPairing2.jpgTap Pair

Once the process is finished you can go back and tap on Account > Your Tracker > Notifications and select the ones you'd like to receive. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer

I have the iPhone 7 Plus, not the 8, and I have already done the steps you’re recommending MULTIPLE times. 

Best Answer
Still doesn’t work. I even set it up to another email acct, rebooted it...again, and no notifications. I have literally deleted the app and started like it was new everyday for over a month. I’ll give it another week and will have to just try my my luck with the garmin. I happen to need these silent notifications for my job since my phone must be on silent. It was such a great added bonus to Fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I’m also losing patience and have started researching other trackers. 

Best Answer

Hello @MiHD and @Blanicjo, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

I have checked your situation and at this moment I would like to ask you to check your inbox as I have sent you further instructions about the issue you're experiencing with Notifications with your trackers.

Thanks for your patience, if there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know. Happy stepping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi MargoGFitbit,
I am also still unable to receive texts and calls on my IPhone 8+. After I
reinstalled the app and set up device I did receive one text message but
have not received any since then. That was also right after I recharged my
Fitbit so that may have had something to do with it??

Meme-4
--
Elaine
Best Answer

Hello @Meme-4, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further as they have already worked with you about this issue in the past. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

Once again, thank you for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate to reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t believe this problem hasn’t been resolved. I want my money back and will use it toward an Apple Watch or Garmen. Fitbit is false advertising saying it will receive your text messages. It’s a lie!

Best Answer

I have been having this issue since the beginning of October. I have been sending Fitbit e-mails constantly, with no resolution. I even replaced my Alta HR, but that didn’t solve things either. I have also tried setting up on an iPhone 5,6 and 7 with no luck either. I think Fitbit is ignoring this issue!!!  I like this Fitbit because I can still wear my regular watches, but think I might have to give up on Fitbit and move to an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer