Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step streak reset to zero on iOS Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My streak was broken 8 days ago despite me not having failed my step goal. I believe this was caused by me lacking internet connection so the app not updating with my full steps. I would like to resolve this and restore my streak.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
319 REPLIES 319
Hello LizzyFitbit:
What do I need to do to get a refund for my product? Clearly it is defective and I would like a refund since Fitbit is now able to provide the product that i purchased.

Again, sorry you have to deal with the community. However after talking to
Sara on the support chat, we know that this will never be resolved. I was told that I would be contacted promptly. It’s been days. Also I was told that I can’t send an email to anyone of “authority” due to “the current political climate.” That was shocking that it was said multiple times in my conversation.

Just know that we will not stop until fixed.

Thanks,
Slboylan

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Fitbit developers: I was off the grid for a couple days and although I kept my streak alive, when I synced, I was rest to 4 days. To me, not syncing at the end of everyday is part of the cause of the problem. We all eagerly await a solution, I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
End of Fitbit app in early 2025. So according to Fitbit we will start
rolling our data into Google Accounts sometime this year. Our Fitbits will
continue to work. By early 2025 Fitbit accounts and the app will stop
working. So any efforts are probably going towards that and not to fixing
the step streak.
Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone this is very discouraging to hear. Fitbit does not plan on maintaining the software. How can people or blind and visually disabled expect to see any improvements.

For almost a year and a half I have been asking that the edit button and restored so that people who are blind and reading, disabled using apples, voiceover screen reader, might have access to it. I have advocated that the hourly data that is currently not available be formatted in such a way that, I might have access to it. Much of the suite information is partial or unavailable to me. Tiles on the iOS app. Flip at random times and now disappear at random times. Call to refresh does not work. There are so many issues in the iOS format That make interpreting the data collected difficult and/or frustrating to understand.

I recent comment in the community about chaos in the Fitbit offices, and they deteriorate re-oration in customer service treatment of Fitbit. Customers makes me wonder what the future of Fitbit is. It’s 50 S. distracting or is this part of an evolution that will improve the Fitbit/Google call Products.

The part of the Fitbit that the strap attaches to died just over 18 months after I purchased it. Right now I am placing it inside my sock so that I might continue to collect data during the day and I am using my charge to do track sweet activity at night. I know I will have to replace my tracker, but I think that I would have to pay full price to get less than what sighted people receive is unreasonable.

I have dictated this on my iPhone, and I hope you can interpret the meaning. As I said, I am a blind user using Apple‘s voiceover as a screen reader, and continue to be frustrated by the fact that Fitbit does not have a Disability Support team. I hope I don’t have to wait almost Almost 2 years in order to see improvement in the Fitbit products and software.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Sense. I enjoyed the kinds of feedback I was getting, especially for sleep. I had that known problem with the charger with the pin breaking that was causing me to have to buy a new charger every 2 or so months. That frustrated me enough for me to switch to a Garmin Venu 2 (which also gives sleep results). I had been wearing both watches for a while as I was nearing a 2 YEAR step streak. I recently discovered it had reset a few days ago despite my not dropping below 10,000 steps any day. I've decided to abandon the Fitbit and just keep using the Garmin. 

I'm glad to say I have been enjoying my Garmin. It tracks sleep very well, it gives me neat little maps of my walks and DOES NOT require me to pay an annual fee to get access to my data.

If Fitbit wants to compete, it had better clean up its act!

Best Answer

This step streak reset happened to me this morning.  I had over 250 days and I'm super bummed.  The step streak was a huge motivation for me to keep going and now I'm not sure if I should switch to a new device since this seems like it could happen again at anytime. 

I have a Fitbit Sense.  I had a Step Streak of over 250 days and it has reset to 5 this morning.  Has anyone successfully fixed this issue?  I can't seem to find an actual resolution that works.  The step streak was a huge motivator in my exercise routine and I fear that knowing it could just reset at any minute will make me less likely to keep it up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone it is very frustrating to have your step streak reset. My step streak has been reset twice. I was able to determine the day my step streak started and now when I want to know the correct number I ask Siri how many days since October 10, 2020. Siri, Van does the math and lets me know how many days my step streak is. And hey Siri how many days since October 10, 2020. It is 844 days. Do not let this discourage you and continue walking.
Best Answer
The reset has happened to me numerous times over the last 4 months, including twice in the last week. I am losing hope that this is even being looked at, let alone fixed.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

After the major app failures this morning, my 500-day step streak appears to have been wiped out. Is anyone else seeing this issue? Fitbit, can you provide a fix? 

Best Answer

Lost active step streak on my fit bit yesterday because of app failure. How do I restore it. Day 695

Best Answer

Lost my streak at 839 days…looking for a reset as well. Will post if I get an answer.

Best Answer

After the post by Dhieber, I tried to duplicate that scenario, so I purposely did not open the app to resync a couple times on different days.  It wasn't until a couple of days later that the counter was reset.  The cases:

- did not open the app to resync on a day after reaching 10,000 steps, the next morning, before reaching 10,000 steps, I resynced.  The days were added.

- synced as normal for two days, then did not resync for a day and waited until I had reached 10,000 steps the next day and then resync.  The days were added.

- I think it was two days later the counter reset to 4 days.  

I normally open the app several times a day or have it open all day.   It seems that when doing this, the counter did not reset.  Only after I intentionally did not resync did the counter reset.  But it was a couple of days later.  Have any of you been able to identify this as a condition when your counter was reset?  It also seems interesting that I have seen others report their counters were reset to 4.

Best Answer
Has been reset twice. Because of that I have monitored the community to see if there is anything there identified and anomaly that caused the step streak to reset. Based on everything I have read the only thing they seem to have in common is that after the reset the count starts again at four days. I wish Fitbit would create a step streak tile so we could get the information whenever we wanted it, and when the tile would be clicked on, there would be other information to help analyze steps, streaks, and breaks instep streaks. I personally would like to see the equivalent of a graph that would show, a minimum goal and real goal and they stretch goal. I’m sure people with greater knowledge of the data available would be able to create even more tools that would be helpful using the step Street data in conjunction with other data collected by Fitbit.

Why he is there and I dictated this on my iPhone. I hope it is clear enough to understand.

Sent from my iPhone

If you know the start date of your step streak, you can ask Siri how many days since date of step streak and Siri will give you the number. In my case today I asked Siri how many days since October 10, 2020 the start of my step streak And she responded 850 days. This morning after completing my goal I was told my step streak was 140 days.

Time to get walking. My next goal is 1000 days followed by three years.
Best Answer
Good details BillyBobinME, if only the Fitbit developers were working on it that hard! And yes, it always resets to 4 days.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I was pretty patient during this weeks really not good, very bad, terrible app rollout but now I’m mad!

My step count, which has been consistently above my goal of 11,500, reset to zero days!

Instead of an expected nearly 300 days was congratulated on reaching a a 4 day streak!

When I strive to meet a goal daily I enjoy the affirmation and celebration of the accomplishment. Guess I’ll be busy the next 361 days.

Best Answer

This is the third time this year that I’ve had my streak count be reset or just plain wrong. Is someone messing with the code / algorithm?

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer

This didn't work for me. I was at 464 days before surgery in January. Re-started on January 20 yet app says 6 days

• What is the model and OS version of your phone? iPhone 8, IOS 16.2
  • Did this happen after doing a specific action such as updating the Fitbit app or your phone?   NO
  • Did you have syncing issues when this happened?    NO

Best Answer
I have had my step streak reset twice. I have followed the customer care recommendations to correct the problem. This appears to be happening more frequently than when it was first recorded many years ago. If I recall correctly, it got worse during the summer. 58 moderators an And community advisers have stated that Fitbit/Google software developers are working on the problem. No date has been projected as to win. Step streak issues will be corrected. There is no answer as to whether or not when the problem is corrected the date will go back to when the step streak originally started or if it will be only from the last reset.

Based on Fitbit, discontinuing open groups, adventures and trophies/badges I am not holding my breath, waiting for the snap streak problems to be resolved. I would not be surprised to find that the stat streak will be discontinued at some point as they have discontinued the stair counter on the charge five tracker.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I don’t think they will be fixing it either. This has been posted on the
Fitbit help site.

Will I be required to have a Google account to use Fitbit devices and
services? <>

After we launch Google accounts on Fitbit in 2023, some uses of Fitbit will
require a Google account, including to sign up for Fitbit or activate newly
released Fitbit devices and features.

If you have a Fitbit account, after the launch of Google accounts on
Fitbit, you'll have the option to move Fitbit to your Google account or to
continue to use your existing Fitbit devices and services with your Fitbit
account for as long as it's supported. Support of Fitbit accounts will
continue until at least early 2025. After support of Fitbit accounts ends,
a Google account will be required to use Fitbit. We'll be transparent with
our customers about the timeline for ending Fitbit accounts through notices
within the Fitbit app, by email, and in help articles.

We'll provide more information and updates as we move closer to our 2023
launch date.
Best Answer

Thank you for the information, I think??? I should thank you for the information, but it just adds to my frustration with Fitbit/Google.

Best Answer