Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue preventing some users from receiving notifications on their iPhone after updating to iOS 13. If you're having trouble receiving notifications and you updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13, follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below:

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and watch this thread for new information. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team works to address this.

Best Answer
3,760 REPLIES 3,760
Not for me!!!! No luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Share system is on and still nothing
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you checked this?
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Syncing-to-Sony-Xperia/m-p/3776679/highlight/true#M11524...

I just got off the phone with customer support, try going to settings> bluetooth>tap on the 'i" next to your device and toggle on> share system notifications.  It solved the problem for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have sorted this on iPhone. 
go to notifications, click on messages, show previews, change to when unlocked(default)

Best Answer

Here’s what to do.

notification, messages, show previews, change to when unlocked (default)

Best Answer

I've seen quite a few posts from people with this problem but this is the first solution I have seen. Thanks for sharing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have my versa for about one year, every great!!! I am in love with it, but 4 days now I am kot receiving text notifications on my versa although I am still getting call notifications and it is syncing properly.  I have tried to restart my phone an my versa many times but nothing helps...

Best Answer

Update: I removed the app, and reinstalled it, seems to have gone back to normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler
You are not alone. My partner is suffering the same and just came on the forum to see if anyone else was suffering with the same issue. Have tried everything to restore that feature. 
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, that didnt work. I have the altaHr and Xs max.

Alicia
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m also experiencing the same issues as everyone else since updating to ios13. Super frustrating! I’ve had my blaze for years and love it. I just want my texts and call notifications to come through 😭 hoping they do an update soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem as well.

Best Answer

That’s how I have my settings! Still doesn’t work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did this. Still nothing!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah my wife’s was the same, on her charge 2 the notification on her actual Fitbit switched off the notification.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @lalex 

Have you tried turning your Bluetooth off then on again? 

Best Answer

@lalex 

if turning off your Bluetooth then on again doesn’t work then maybe restarting your Alta HR will. You will not lose any data doing this. Here’s how: 

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press the button on your charging cable 3 times within a few seconds, briefly pausing between presses. (The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. It’s a bit tricky to see but look closely for a round circle on the end of the plug) When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Please let let me know if this solves your issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue as well

Best Answer
0 Votes

I installed the update 2 days ago. Since then I have not been able to receive text notifications. All other notifications come through fine. What do I do to fix it?

Best Answer

Tried that and it didn’t work for me

Best Answer
0 Votes