Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue preventing some users from receiving notifications on their iPhone after updating to iOS 13. If you're having trouble receiving notifications and you updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13, follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below:

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and watch this thread for new information. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team works to address this.

Best Answer
3,760 REPLIES 3,760

Yes, me too. Tried everything, nothing works. Can we have an update please of when Fitbit think this will be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Need to keep calling them because someone said they don’t read the blogs on here.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My story sounds much like yours.  Nothing has worked.  I’m very close to throwing the watch away- this is way to frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I couldn’t even get through.  Now I’m glad I did not - such a waste of time.  I’m so over this mess 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Deleting the app, then telling my iPhone to forget the Blaze then reinstalling the app seems to have fixed my notifications.

Mine only stopped working this morning but I updated to IOS 13 as soon as it was released. The only issue I had noticed until today was the call vibration starting at random times during calls.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Deleted my Ionic from my iPhone 7+ Bluetooth connection (as advised) now can't even see it when searching for a device. Any timescale for a fix? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

gett the Kleenex out.  You May cry.😪

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa does not show a map with route of my workout on dashboard any longer.  Also no notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try going to your Fitbit app and under your account set it up to pair I believe.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, but when will it hit for the rest of us? Still haven’t received the push for 4.0 and that was released like 2 weeks ago. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Per the folks I’ve spoken to within the Fitbit customer service, it’s been known about before the apple update. iOS update simply allowed them a convenient cover. This has been going on since 9/20 and nothing has been done for a lot of us. I’m tired of spending hours on the phone with customer service “advocates” who have only told me that they’ll get to fixing the problem when they do, but they can’t provide us with a timeline to a fix because it wouldn’t be fair? Still trying to understand how a lack of transparency is fair under any circumstances. The customer service makes all the other good things about the devices moot. Guess that’s what happens when you cut costs by outsourcing, huh @@Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same deal. I’m getting tired of this problem with the Versa. I’m about to give it up. 

Best Answer

Where is this update you speak of cause the update I did hasn’t fixed anything

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked! Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What did you do to get your update to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

this makes me annoyed bc i used to be able to hide my text previews on my phone but i would still see them on my charge 2....now it won’t show unless i have my text previews on always or unlocked. i liked hiding my text always on my phone bc of wandering eyes. this way if it was an emergency, i could still see it on my fitbit if i couldn’t pull my phone out. now with this new update my fitbit is just a watch during work hours...i need them to fix this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I thought this problem was only with iphones and the iOS 13 update?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think mine is working now. 

I did all of the different steps and so far so good.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thought this problem came from the iOS 13 update? If androids are having this problem, is it a fitbit problem?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tired the steps and still not receiving notification from my phone to my Ionic after installing the latest IOS update 

Best Answer
0 Votes