Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue preventing some users from receiving notifications on their iPhone after updating to iOS 13. If you're having trouble receiving notifications and you updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13, follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below:

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and watch this thread for new information. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team works to address this.

Best Answer
3,760 REPLIES 3,760
What do you mean follow number 8

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did everything the website said. Still nothing. This is a real inconvenience to the ones that rely on their Fitbit to see text notifications when they aren’t allowed to have their phones on the work floor. How long will it take to fix this error?

Best Answer

I’ve done everything that was suggested. 

I get all other notifications besides my text messages. 

Best Answer

My versa's still not working after doing all the suggested updates...I hope they get this straightened out soon ...it's the main reason I bought this VERY EXPENSIVE "watch"!!

Best Answer
You shouldn’t have to waste money on paying for a new item when it’s not your fault Fitbit has every right to send all their customers a new one. My Fitbit also doesn’t stop vibrating when I answer my phone which is ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I also rely on the text notification feature at work. My husband has a medical condition, and I need to know if/when he has an issue, which has happened while I’m working. I teach at an elementary school, and can’t have my phone out. The ability to stay connected via the Fitbit notification was a crucial factor for me. I really don’t want to spend the money on an Apple iPhone, but if Fitbit can’t deal with this, that’s where I’m headed also.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have been having trouble on my android as well. 

I updated fitbit app, I unpaired, reset, turned off my phone, everything and it doesn't want to work anymore...

Best Answer

I have completed update 13, 13.1 and 13.1.1 and followed your troubleshooting but still no notifications!!

yet another disappointment from a fitbit product. When is this going to be fixed!? 

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here and it’s getting annoying.i tried everything 

Best Answer

Can you resend your post? It was empty

Best Answer
0 Votes

After updating my Iphone to 13.1.1 my fitbit will send me call notifications, but will no longer send me text notifications. 

I've deleted the app and reloaded it on my phone, 

I've  made my phone "forget the device" and reloaded it

I've reset my fitbit.

what am I missing????

Best Answer

I am having the same problem! I was hoping to come on here and find some answers. 😕 I have a Versa. Which Fitbit do you have? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since I have updated my iPhone to iOS 13. I have not been receiving my text or phone calls to my Fitbit!!! Which have missed several calls after being used to have message me on my Fitbit watch! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer

Hello @ArleenCasand @TabithaTuten 

Try this:

go to

iOS Settings > Notifications > Messages > Show Previews > Always (Default) 

also iOS settings>notifications>Fitbit> ON 

😃 please let me know if this resolves your issue

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup, I was thinking the same thing

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Also @ArleenCas and @TabithaTuten 

1. On your iPhone's settings, tap on "Bluetooth".
  2. Then tap on "i" button next to your Fitbit device's name.
  3. Turn on toggle switch next to "Share System Notifications"
  4. Then test the notifications one more time.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't update and I'm still having problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The suggested fixes that you mentioned  for getting notifications back after the iOS 13 update didn’t work for getting iPhone text notifications on my Charge 3. I’m only getting notifications for incoming calls. 

Best Answer