Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 12/13/2019: Please ensure you are on the latest iOS version, currently 13.3. Also check out the updated instructions in our notification help article

This thread is a continuation of our previous discussion on notification issues introduced with iOS 13. If you are experiencing difficulty with your notifications after updating to iOS 13, please carefully follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below.

These steps should resolve the issue when followed correctly. We realize this process can take some time, and encourage you to proceed carefully and deliberately through every step, even if you think you've already done so.

If these steps do not appear to resolve the issue for you, please try them at least once more to be certain, then respond in this thread with specific details about where you were unable to proceed, or what unexpected behavior you are still experiencing. 

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon  

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon  

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

5. DOUBLE-CHECK

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and double-check the following:

• DO NOT DISTURB

This feature prevents your phone from sending notifications. Verify that Do Not Disturb is off:

1. On your phone, tap Settings > Do Not Disturb.
  2. Make sure Do Not Disturb is turned off. 
  • SET UP NOTIFICATIONS IN THE FITBIT APP
  1. With your Fitbit device nearby, tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture. 
  2. Tap your device image > Notifications. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your Fitbit device to your phone. 
  3. Choose the types of notifications you want to receive. Tap App Notifications and choose the apps you want notifications from. 
  4. Sync your device.

Again, if these steps do not work for you, please try them more than once and then let us know specific details about your experience so that we can assist further. Please keep your app up to data and watch this thread for new information. 

What's your favorite healthy breakfast? Share your best recipes and join our discussion!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,716 REPLIES 1,716

Ugh! Sorry to hear that, I tried sharing the fix with my mom and she said the same thing

Best Answer
0 Votes

iPhone SE running IOS 13.2.3. Charge 3. I managed to get to where everyone else on this forum seems to have arrived, ie getting notifications but only with previews showing everyone who was texting me, which is a deal killer for me in my work. This morning, however, even that failed again. Went through the steps again, tried reinstalling the app, resetting phone resetting watch multiple times, nothing, Although I have received great service from Fitbit and like the product, I can’t afford to keep spending hours trying to make this work. If it isn’t resolved soon, I will be forced to buy an Apple Watch. Changing to an Android is not an option for me for (ironically) privacy and security reasons. 

Best Answer
I have notifications set to always preview. I have always had it set that way although I have disabled and enabled it multiple times since the issue occurred to see if it helped.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree with LCfitnessNJ. That appears to be the key for getting text messages and worked for my Charge 2. I don’t like to show text previews on the screen either. Hopefully, Fitbit finds a solution soon.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi @KateFitbit,

I have tried. My previews is set to "always." I have followed every step by
step instruction in both guides.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have gone through all the steps

multiple times on my charge 2, receiving notifications for everything BUT my texts.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Best Answer

Followed all these steps multiple times, still doesn’t work. Fitbit, any progress on this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

After months of not being able to get my text messages notifications on my Fitbit versa, I finally got it to work! I did all previous steps suggested by Fitbit and didn’t help. I also went into my Fitbit app, completely remove my versa. Went into my Bluetooth and made it forget my versa. Shut down my phone and my versa. Turned back on my phone and versa. Went back into the Fitbit app and re-connected my Fitbit versa and re-connected it to Bluetooth and I finally got text messages on my versa! Good luck everyone!!

Best Answer

I followed the steps KrisTerp90 did w/show message preview set as never and text notifications did not work.  Set show message preview as always & received text notifications.  As I said earlier I am not comfortable with this “work” around.  To me this is not a solution.  Again, as said earlier before iOS 13 update there were no issues.  As others have stated extremely disappointed.

Best Answer
I just tried what Kris said, didn’t work. Pretty frustrated with the whole
thing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Beyond frustrated and patience is gone. Cant wear the watch. I have tried EVERY fix suggestion here over and over again and have a list approved iPhone. 

FIT BIT - is there a fix coming!?!?

- Fitbit is about to lose my business if this isn't fixed asap. 

Best Answer

Hello and welcome @MJBealer 

I understand your frustration about the current notification issue. I can only suggest that you view and preform all the steps provided on page 1 of this thread: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Stopped-seeing-notifications-after-updating-to-iOS-13/td-p/3... 
I’m moving your post there so you can stay informed and participate in the discussion 

Best Answer
I am frustrated and can’t get my Fitbit to get get notifications and I’ve tried a lot of things to get it working.

Theresa
Best Answer

I have been patient, because before upgrading to iOS 13 I had text notifications, but since I have upgraded, I have gone through all of the troubleshooting tutorials and updated the iOS regularly as well as the app, and turned off and on notifications as well as the devices several times and still cannot get text notifications. For some reason, I now get notifications on my blaze that I am making outgoing calls (that I am doing, which is inconvenient) and even get a notification on the blaze as I call my own voicemail. Please fix this issue, as I bought the blaze when it came out just for text notifications!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it does

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it does receive notifications? Please specify because I have done all troubleshooting options and have no luck still. Did your blaze stop receiving notifications for messages?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve turned on the message preview (which I hate) but seems to have allowed messages to now come through to my Versa but hoping that Fitbit can find a way to correct this as I don’t like the preview being on.
Best Answer
Verses 2 not receiving nothing

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Here is a trick I tried and seems to work on my iPhone 8x.
go into messages,
Select notification
show preview . Turn it on
go down to messages
set notification on
Turn notification center on
Turn badges on
show preview always (default)
go back to bluetooth
Select Versa
turn off share system notification
tun it back on
Get someone to send you a text
Now open up the Fitbit App
Select your icon, takes you to Accounts
Select Versa 2 or your Fitbit model
Scroll down select notifications
Confirm, calls, texts, calendar events are turned on
Select App Notifications
Turn on - the apps that you want notification on your phone

Now I have all my text, calls, calendar events and all other app notifications coming to my Versa 2

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My phone has died. Had same issues as others with fit bit have spent a day reading booting and resetting . Now it has died completely. Won’t do anything 

Best Answer
0 Votes