Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 12/13/2019: Please ensure you are on the latest iOS version, currently 13.3. Also check out the updated instructions in our notification help article

This thread is a continuation of our previous discussion on notification issues introduced with iOS 13. If you are experiencing difficulty with your notifications after updating to iOS 13, please carefully follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below.

These steps should resolve the issue when followed correctly. We realize this process can take some time, and encourage you to proceed carefully and deliberately through every step, even if you think you've already done so.

If these steps do not appear to resolve the issue for you, please try them at least once more to be certain, then respond in this thread with specific details about where you were unable to proceed, or what unexpected behavior you are still experiencing. 

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon  

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon  

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

5. DOUBLE-CHECK

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and double-check the following:

• DO NOT DISTURB

This feature prevents your phone from sending notifications. Verify that Do Not Disturb is off:

1. On your phone, tap Settings > Do Not Disturb.
  2. Make sure Do Not Disturb is turned off. 
  • SET UP NOTIFICATIONS IN THE FITBIT APP
  1. With your Fitbit device nearby, tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture. 
  2. Tap your device image > Notifications. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your Fitbit device to your phone. 
  3. Choose the types of notifications you want to receive. Tap App Notifications and choose the apps you want notifications from. 
  4. Sync your device.

Again, if these steps do not work for you, please try them more than once and then let us know specific details about your experience so that we can assist further. Please keep your app up to data and watch this thread for new information. 

What's your favorite healthy breakfast? Share your best recipes and join our discussion!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,716 REPLIES 1,716
I told my iPhone to forget my Fitbit in Bluetooth and then synced it in the Fitbit app.
So far this is working for notifications.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

So this worked for me recently, when the previous instructions had not. 

1. On iPhone go to settings - Bluetooth- select device - choose to forget the device. 
2. Sync in Fitbit app. 

3. On iPhone go to settings - notifications - messages - show previews - when unlocked.

4. Pair your device through the Fitbit app again, then sync it again. You will start getting alerts after that on Fitbit but only see the message on your phone when you unlock it.

Best Answer

It’s been months.... Idk how many times I’ve wanted to just take a hammer to my versa.   Since all these issues happened-  ios update 13.2 has been released and an update on the fitbit app too.  I’ve updated. I’ve done the steps to “fix” over and over at least once a week. It’s getting old. Running iPhone 7plus and versa. Loved Fitbit products ,but now I’m about to buy an Apple Watch at this point. 

Best Answer
Yes, your solution worked for me, too.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

You win the Fitbit fix!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m not here to get my text messages when I unlock my phone, there’s no point I’m going on my phone and I’ll see them anyways. I want my notifications back on my watch without having to touch my phone.
Best Answer
Thanks!

I went a bit further, and got it working.
Here’s what I did:

1. Deleting Fitbit from being discovered by Bluetooth on all devices (iPhone, iPad, MacBook).

2. Deleted Fitbit device from all Fitbit apps.

3. Deleted Fitbit app from all devices above.

4. Reinstalled app on iPad only. Successfully set up Fitbit on app.

5. Reinstalled app on iPhone and it started syncing immediately.

Thanks for all the help, folks!

Hope this works for others!
Best Answer

I have tried removing my fitbit from bluetooth, my phone, and resetting both my fitbit and my phone multiple time and I haven't had any luck.  I am beyond frustrated.  It notifies me of a phone call or calendar notices, but it does not notify me of any text messages.  This started happening after the update to my iphone to the new iOS.  It worked fine before then.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screen locked. Can’t turn it off. Touch screen doesn’t work. Bluetooth isn’t appearing on either iPhone or iPad. Very frustrated and disappointed - which isn’t good for anyone’s health. Returning it to Best Buy in morning for full refund. Versa2 is defective.

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • This crap didn’t work either. This is absolutely unacceptable. Fix it and fix it now!!!
Best Answer
Haven't tried that yet. Will give that a try. Thanks!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope!!!! No luck! I’ve been following these instructions for months!! My son and I both have the Versa and I’m beyond disappointed considering I was able to communicate with him and he would see it with his watch. I’ve learned what a complete waste of money these watches were, they weren’t cheap! 

Moderator edit: all-caps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything you can think of to get the text notifications to work. So Frustrating I can receive calls and email notifications  but no text notification I have the lastest update for iOS 13.2.3. 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bought 2 versa 2s and 2 charge 3's for my immediate family to add on to a charge 2 that we had from two years ago. All three charge fitbits collect messages no problem.

Both Versa 2s will not receive whatsapp messages. The Versa 2 that's paired with a Pixel 3 receives text messages. Yesterday I reset both the phone and the device and was able to receive whatsapp messages, it's no longer working today even though there has been no new firmware update.

The other Versa 2 is paired with an iPhone Pro Max and receives no types of notifications whatsever.

The Versa is way nicer than the Charge that I used for a few years. I just hope that Fitbit can get the issues with push notifications resolved quickly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked like a charm! Happy camper again. Thank you, thank you!!!

Best Answer

After 3 weeks and changing from android to IPhone I am still. Unable to get my Fitbit Versa Lite to link to my phone again. It’s very upsetting all the money spent on these products and still no solution. I have been an avid Fitbit user for years it’s disappointing this issue still hasn’t been fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just set up my versa 2. I can receive a text on my fitbit screen, but then it disappears and it continues to say I have no notifications when I swipe down to look at my notifications. No matter how many times I restart the versa and reconnect the Bluetooth connection, when I push the "i" button next to the versa in my iPhone's settings, the only option is to "forget this device" there is nothing about "share system notifications" I even did forget this device and paired again. Nothing changed. This is driving me crazy! Please help! SOS

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not working. Tried 3 times that ridiculous long process & no notifications at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Extremely disappointed this still doesn’t work. I’d like to send my watch back for a full refund. This is just ridiculous. 

Best Answer

None of this worked. Really disappointing to pay so much and it doesn’t work.

The main reason I choose fitbit that it's IOS compatible. Now my ionic is worthless!

Best Answer