Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck at "Connecting to Tracker..."

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my replacement Fitbit One and I'm using the IOS app to update my account. The iPhone was able to locate my tracker but my screen is stuck at "Connecting to Tracker..." - the spinning wheel just keeps spinning.  I've tried closing the app and relaunching it but to no avail.  Any suggestions???

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119

It's great to have you here @Ihavetrouble! I would like you to double check that you have a strong WIFI or Mobile Data connection; restart your tracker and restart your phone. After the restart, follow the set up procedure again. 

Which mobile device do you have? Which tracker are you trying to pair? 

Keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung S7 and Fitbit Charge 2, same thing as others stuck at Connecting. I have reset the phone, rest the fitbit, bluetooth can see it the app finds it but never goes any further..

Well after hitting Go on my screen about 5 times if finally connected and now doing some update that just drags on.. ugh, I'm almost sorry I wanted to do this.. and now I have to setup the wife's. 

Best Answer

Powered on and off iPhone 6s; removed the Chage HR from BT Settings - tried all the combos listed in this forum and was unable to connect the Fitbit to the app - what did land up resolving the frustration for me was to hold the phone in the same hand as the Fitbit!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bluetooth doesn't list my device

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @Celery810! Your tracker will sync directly from your Fitbit app, it will use your phone's Bluetooth but you don't need to pair it as you would with any other Bluetooth device. If your tracker isn't syncing, please try the following steps

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning!

My Fitbit ionic is not syncing. I tried all instructions provided, but was not able to set up the Fitbit because it stayed “Found it! Connecting to tracker”.  I have an IPhone 5ES.  Please let me know what to do.  Thanks!

Best Answer

It's great to have you here @Bponte! Thanks for the details you've mentioned. I was checking the list of supported devices and your iPhone 5S it's listed, you should be able to sync your tracker. In case, you unpaired it you need to follow the set up procedure again but if it's still paired just follow this syncing troubleshoot

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! I was able to set it up. It took like 22 minutes to move from the “connecting to tracker” to get me the code.

Thanks!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have been going through all the forums and doing all the troubleshooting. I've tried resetting everything, I've tried turning on and off Bluetooth, I've tried restarting the app. I've tried every suggestion I can find. But still when I am connecting my charge HR to the app I get to the point where it asks me for a pin. After entering the pin I am stuck with "connecting". But it never connects. Please help. I have an LG V20

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was facing the same issue and nothing worked (restarting phone, reinstalling app, resetting tracker, etc.) Finally, I decided to wait while it said “connecting to tracker”. And after a good 5 minutes, it connected. 

I suspect that, my tracker needed an update and somehow it needed to do something (maybe download the updated firmware or make a server call) before completing the pairing process. Right after connecting, it went into “updating tracker” mode and continued updating for another 5-ish minutes. 

Hope it helps.

Best Answer

I had to set up a new Fitbit account when I got my new device. I had this issue where it said it was "Connecting to Tracker..." but going nowhere until I confirmed my email address with Fitbit. It took a little while after confirmation for the app to recognize this (and a force quit), but eventually it did, and when I tried to pair the device after, it went smoothly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked! Had to forget the charge HR 2 on old phone via Bluetooth and worked immediately on new phone when trying to connect. Thanks!

Best Answer

I have tried all the above and is still trying to connect to tracker

Best Answer

Hello @Joanzie, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for letting me know you have already tried some troubleshooting steps. At this moment, if your tracker is still not setting up correctly with your phone, I would like to suggest you the following:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  3. Restart your Fitbit device.
  4. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet and try to set up again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet and try to set up the tracker one more time. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I rebooted my Fitbit device and now the app is working with the Fitbit device. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Joanzie, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved. I'm very glad! Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve literally tried everything everyone said in here. I’m beyond frustrated this thing is brand new too! 

Best Answer
I re-configured my Fibit Versa and now it is working with the Fitbit app on my iphone. I did this by pressing all 3 buttons on the Versa until the Fitbit symbol came up on the screen...I then followed through with the app on my phone as I had originally done when I first received my Fitbit Versa.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ericalovepink, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always a pleasure to see new members around! It's nice to see you too @JoanzieSmiley Happy

@Joanzie, I appreciate you have shared your experience, I'm sure the steps you followed will be very helpful for other members of the Community facing the same situation. 

@ericalovepink, at this moment I would like to ask you to update the Fitbit app to the latest version (2.53.1) and try to set up your Fitbit device again as a new device. If your device is still having trouble setting up, please let me know so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be around in case you need anything else!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I updated my phone and restarted my Fitbit I then connected it to my iPad that took a long time to work and at the same time I tried to pair my old flex 2 and I got them goin on the wrong device and I went to work and it randomly started working

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes