Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck at "Connecting to Tracker..."

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my replacement Fitbit One and I'm using the IOS app to update my account. The iPhone was able to locate my tracker but my screen is stuck at "Connecting to Tracker..." - the spinning wheel just keeps spinning.  I've tried closing the app and relaunching it but to no avail.  Any suggestions???

Best Answer
119 REPLIES 119

Welcome to the Community @Manataglance! Thanks for the troubleshoot that you've done. Can you please provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing in your app? This can totally help me to share it with my team and further investigate it. 

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you find a solution to this problem>?  i am having the same problem?

Best Answer

please help i am getting so frustrated!!! i have tried everything and my app still says connecting to fitbit

Best Answer

I have the same problem please let me know if you have the answer

Best Answer

IMG_3571.PNG

Best Answer

have you figured it out??

Best Answer

How do you pair on I phone?  I gave up trying on I phone so tried my personal computer . It did allow me to pair it. It got to the point and then said ...,,your tracker is still communicating with another device"".    Errrrr. Help please.

Best Answer

Same issue with mine 😞 

Best Answer
No not yet😝😝😝

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Having the same issue, been trying to sync all day. Can anyone offer a resolution?

Best Answer

Not sure if anyone have resolved it but I tried something that worked for me. Under settings go to Bluetooth setting and click on  the Fitbit and select forget device then try setting it up and syncing again. Good luck!! 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @smhtexas@grasjanl@lizzywelch@NicoleB811 and @nicolecc, thank you for joining us!

@smhtexas, thank you so much for your update and for letting me know about the steps you've performed in order to resolve the issue, I'm very glad your tracker is now working correctly, and I'm sure the information you provided will be very helpful. 

Everyone else, I was wondering if your trackers are still not able to setup. If not, my suggestion would be resetting your trackers and then plug them in to make sure they're charging. Then go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker appears on the list of paired devices, if it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device, then restart your phone and try to set it up once again:

• Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account tab at the bottom of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.
  • If the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this information can be useful, give it a try and keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Got it to work!!! Thank you!! 

Best Answer

it wont work for me. it comes up in my bluetooth settings but only as connected, and when its connected i cannot click forget this device, and when its not connected it completely goes away on my bluetooth settings so i dont have that option. i still cannot connect my device

Best Answer

IMG_1113.PNG

Does your phone has the little "I" on the right side of the Fitbit? Mind you this under the Bluetooth settings on your IPhone. Once you click on the "I" it will let you select forget this device.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_3580.PNG

yeah i know what you mean, but for some reason for only my fitbit it doesn't give me the option? i don't understand do i need to return it?yeah i know what you mean, but for some reason for only my fitbit it doesn't give me the option? i don't understand do i need to return it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem as you did - I can't find a solution that works. Did you get it sorted? Can you help? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @ClaireRosanna! I would like you to try this syncing troubleshooting. Are you getting any error when you try to sync your tracker? Do you have the latest app version which is 2.40 for iOS? When was the last time it synced to your account? 

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is annoying since I have tried everything and I have waited foran hour after that for it to load..

Best Answer
0 Votes