Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I downloaded the latest iOS version 13.0 and now my Charge 2 will not sync. please help

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
334 REPLIES 334
All Fitbit will say is that they are trying to figure out the problem within their system and they don’t know when that may be. Instructed to keep the Fitbit App updated for when they fix this issue.

Sent from Hook's iPhone 🙂
Best Answer

I got my Fitbit to sync yesterday. Today, even after repeating all those steps, it will not sync. Please help. If this is going to be a daily occurrence, I will need a better solution 

Best Answer

I have also tried all of these and still no notifications are working for my Charge 3. Any help would be appreciated...thanks!

Best Answer

Hi @LizzyFitbit and other users with Sync issues after Update of both the Fitbit App and iOS13+.
Please note, I too had all the issues regarding Error Syncing & Devise not found etc. after the Updates & Blank results/areas in my App; Sadly none of the below tips helped solve my issue. 

I found a Fix for my Sync problem 🙂 that may also be of help to other users - Only: If they are using a VPN for their internet  connection?  
I work in IT/Info Security so Im an experienced troubleshooter. But this issue certainly gave me some grief; because nothing I did worked - until I finally found my VPN IP address had been blacklisted by Fitbit.com

NOTE: If you use an always on VPN connection and/or your IP address had recently become blacklisted by the Fitbit.com Cloudflare Service. This will cause widespread App Sync and Device issues. 

I was surprised to stumble on this issue; to which I created my fix. When I navigated to the fitbit.com website to Back-up my Data before taking more drastic steps to fix my Charge2 Sync issues and noted the error notice of my IP address being blocked. 
When I saw this Error Notice, I changed my IP address in my VPN software and all was working well again 👍🏻 
So - NOTE to: VPN users, if you’re having issues with your Fitbit App/Sync’n etc. check if your IP address has been blacklisted; if you’re experiencing Fitbit App/Device issues by visiting the main fitbit.com site. If its blocked you will see an IP address Error notice by Cloudflare with explanation of IP block.

I couldn’t believe that this was the main cause of my issue, the whole time my Sync issues didn’t relate to the Bluetooth sync, but a Blacklisted IP address. So Fitbit obviously needs both the Bluetooth and the Internet connection to Sync to its App. 

I hope this info helps others that may have tried everything else posted and still had issues like I experienced.  
@LizzyFitbit This info could be of use to help Fitbit TechSupport as another test method to check-up on; if everything else fails. Test the users ability to login to fitbit.com *has the users IP address created connection and sync issues. 

Best of Luck 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine is doing the same thing! It’s not working at all. Didn’t even work for a day. Please fix it Fitbit or apple!

Best Answer
I have no answer. Nothing works.😡 I have contacted Fitbit a 3rd time but no response yet. I would suggest everyone to contact them.

Best Answer

Doesn’t work. Tried other ways too. 

Best Answer
HI-

I’m not on a VPN but I’m glad you found a workaround for your problem.

Carole
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit versa will not receive text messages either since downloading the new iOS 13 for iPhone .. I did everything , deleted the Fitbit app , removed my Fitbit from the device , rest my iPhone , reset my Fitbit , did the Bluetooth thing and still cannot receive text messages !!.. any advice anyone ??

Best Answer
0 Votes

It didn’t work for me. I went through the step 2 or 3 times. 😟

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your trick worked for me too!  Thank you for the tip!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, the fitbit sync fix for notifications after the ios 13.0 upload did not work for me.  any other ideas?😫

Best Answer
Nothing is working. I guess all we can do is wait until the issue is fixed!😡😡😡

Best Answer
All I needed to do was delete the app on my iPhone and reload it from the App Store and that worked for my Versa. It also said you can turn off your Bluetooth, do a restart on both your phone and Fitbit and when they both come back up turn your Bluetooth back on, and see if that may work. They said you may still need to go into your Fitbit profile and hit sync now again. Good luck!

* Nancy *
Best Answer
I’m sorry. Technology can be so frustrating at times for people like me that are not tech savvy at all.

* Nancy *
Best Answer

I contacted FITBIT support......after a few tries......the iphone directions worked!!  YES

Android phone:

1. Remove the Fitbit app from your phone.
2. Reinstall the Fitbit app from the Google Play Store.

iPhone or iPad running iOS 13:

1. Update the Fitbit app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad > Bluetooth.
3. Tap the "i" icon next to the name of your Fitbit device.
4. Turn on Share System Notifications. If you don't see the System Notifications option:
     1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
     2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your
          Fitbit device to show notifications.
     3. Tap the "i" icon next to the name of your Fitbit device
     4. Turn on the Share System Notifications.
5. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
6. For Phone and Calendar, make sure Allow Notifications and Notification Center are on.
7. For Messages, make sure Allow Notifications is on, Lock ScreenNotification Center, and Banners are on. 
8. For Messages, make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

TRY THIS

Android phone:

1. Remove the Fitbit app from your phone.
2. Reinstall the Fitbit app from the Google Play Store.

iPhone or iPad running iOS 13:

1. Update the Fitbit app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad > Bluetooth.
3. Tap the "i" icon next to the name of your Fitbit device.
4. Turn on Share System Notifications. If you don't see the System Notifications option:
     1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
     2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your
          Fitbit device to show notifications.
     3. Tap the "i" icon next to the name of your Fitbit device
     4. Turn on the Share System Notifications.
5. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
6. For Phone and Calendar, make sure Allow Notifications and Notification Center are on.
7. For Messages, make sure Allow Notifications is on, Lock ScreenNotification Center, and Banners are on. 
8. For Messages, make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.

Best Answer

@Dlbrhs  Hi Carol - Sorry the VPN suggestion wasn't your issue.
Thanks for your reply 😊

Have you tried @MegaBite help. ‎See post 09-26-2019 09:25 MegaBite Cross-Country Runner

and/or @LizzyFitbit post ‎09-22-2019 10:21 LizzyFitbit Fitbit Moderator - in my opinion those are the best steps to take; that could be your best bet.

Proper removal of the App, and re-installation steps to re-initialize the Bluetooth permissions, these steps seam to solve many peoples issues stemming from updating both the App and iOS13. It looks like an Apple’s iOS13 permissions issue that created the broken Sync.

For others reading this post - The above tips wont be a fix for: No Notifications or No Messages issues, that’s a separate issue, its not anything we can fix on our end, the Fitbit App Developers are aware of the problem and are creating a fix for a future Update; so that is broken until then. This verified on Twitter link below & possible info/steps to resolve. https://mobile.twitter.com/FitbitSupport/status/1176605947256438784

Hope this info helps you further. 

❤️

Best Answer

Hi @Yewneek1 

If your getting no help 3rd time.

And have a Twitter account, your could try getting assistance there also.
Twitter link below
& possible info/steps to resolve. 

Goodluck 👍🏻
https://mobile.twitter.com/FitbitSupport/status/1176605947256438784

Hope this info helps you further. 

❤️

Best Answer

That's what is getting to me. Just saying they're looking into it would reduce my rage to mere irritation. The silence is lousy PR, and very bad customer relations. I do this for a living. I would never simply ignore a concerned community.

The app won't authenticated on my iPhone8, after reinstalling it, as is the case for other users. I reinstalled on the phone because it wouldn't sync', but now I can't use the app at all in any way. 

One small consolation is that I found I could authenticate on one of my tablets after installing the app on that, and three of my four Fitbits sync' on that, however there's a reason why I have never used anything but my iPhone for managing my Fitbit, and that still applies. I always have my phone with me.

Nothing is so smiple it can't be messed up *Inspire2 - InspireHR - Alta - Flex2 - Charge 5 - Luxe
Best Answer