Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I downloaded the latest iOS version 13.0 and now my Charge 2 will not sync. please help

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
334 REPLIES 334

Your quite welcome @Bartman01!! I’m happy I was able to help. Happy Stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

After trying all the above steps from FitBit. Deleting the app and reinstalling it worked. 

Thank you 👍🏻👍🏻🙏🏻

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  I have tried ALL of these steps and NOTHING works!  My ALTA will NOT communicate with my phone ever since the 13.1.2 update.  HELP!!

Best Answer

Doing the steps made my phone sync again but didn’t allow the notifications. I had to go into message settings and show preview when unlocked. 

Hope this helps 

Best Answer

Hello @justwalkin 

Im sorry your continuing to have a problem syncing your device. Insure again that you have tried all the suggested troubleshooting steps....

Turning Bluetooth of/on

logging out of the Fitbit app and force shut then off/on your device

completely uninstalling/reinstalling the Fitbit App

restarting your Fitbit Tracker (sometimes several times) https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=Restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Checking to see if your device is compatible with the new Fitbit App: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2315/?q=Compatible&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

If none of the above has  helped you resolve your syncing issue I would suggest contacting Fitbit Customer Service. Information on how is here: https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs&co=GB

I’m really sorry I couldn’t be more help then this @justwalkin . Please keep me updated

Best Answer

I went into my iPhone settings, found the Fitbit app, and turned on Bluetooth. It appears you have to give the app access to Bluetooth. Now my charge 2 is synching with my iPhone that has the new operating system.

Best Answer

I’m happy your up and running again @HMoore707!! 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did not work for my Charge 2.☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all these steps and Fitbit still will not receive notifications 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a new phone, which I upgraded to iOS 13.  That's when my synching problems started.  Today, I remembered the old phone was not turned off.  I turned it off, and now it appears things are working correctly.

Best Answer

hello @ScorpioGirl15 and @Etims 

This fix is for syncing issues not notifications. I would suggest keeping an eye out on this thread for notifications issues. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Stopped-seeing-notifications-after-updating-to-iOS-13/m-p/37...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot get the bluetooth on my iPhone to sync with my Charge 3 after my phone updated last night.  I have tried the following:

Turned bluetooth on phone off/on

Updated Fitbit app

Restarted phone

Restarted Fitbit

This is very frustrating!

Best Answer

I tried this but the device still did not connect - issue appears to be the Bluetooth connection as the Fitbit device does not appear on the Bluetooth devices found screen

Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured it out now - went to settings and in the Fitbit settings Bluetooth was turned off which I then fixed and all working fine

Best Answer

I’m happy your syncing again @Rabat!! 😉 yes Bluetooth must be turned on

Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked

Best Answer

I’m really happy this worked for you as well @YogiJest !! Happy Stepping!😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of the above, several times, and text messages are still on syncing on charge 3. Phone calls are working but texts are not! This has all changed since iOS 13 upgrade.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Higgseybaby 

The instructions for this thread have to do with Syncing/Bluetooth issues. Not notification issues like calls, text . Notifications are controlled by the settings in your device. Here is the thread you should be on that discusses notifications issues: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Stopped-seeing-notifications-after-updating-to-iOS-13/m-p/37...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SherHag 

Welcome to the Fitbit Community. I understand your having syncing issues. I can try and help. Doing the steps I’m offering in this post will NOT cause you to lose your data. Let’s start by trying to restart your Charge 3.

Here’s how: 

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
    • For Charge 2—press and hold the button on your tracker for 4 seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
    • For Charge 3—press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable. Now see if your syncing has resolved.

If your syncing has not resolved lets just try a fresh install of your Fitbit App. I have noticed that doing this gives you the best shot of resolving this sneaky Bluetooth syncing issue after the iOS update. You will not lose your Fitbit data doing this. 

Here’s how:

1. Log out of the Fitbit app and force shut the app by swiping up

2. completely uninstall the Fitbit App from your device

3. now completely shut down your device and wait about 1 min then restart your device 

4. once your device has reloaded reinstall the Fitbit app by downloading it from the App Store

5. once it’s installed, log into your device as you normally would with username and password 

6. don’t touch anything in the app...just wait until you get a prompt from your Bluetooth.

7. When prompted by your Bluetooth tap yes 

8. now try to sync 

Doing this will give you the cleanest install and should repair your syncing time issues. I’m hoping this helps.... Please come back and let me know if this resolves your issue and answers your questions 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes