Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up tracker on iOS see: HTTP.error 0

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 1/31/2018: Hi Everyone - this issue was resolved in the recent update 2.45, please update your app if you are experiencing this. If you continue to have this issue, please let me know. 

Hi Everyone, I merged a few threads together. We have received reports that some IOS users are unable to set up their tracker and are seeing an HTTP.error 0 message. Our engineers are aware of the issue and are currently working on a fix. Thank you for your reports at this time! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
284 REPLIES 284

What I did was downloaded the app for Windows 10 (which is on my desktop). I then completed the T&C process there together with other administration steps after that. This helped me circumvent that step. I then went back to the app (with this step completed) to finally sync the phone and the fitbit.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been unable to sync my Fitbit Flex since 10/6.  I tried all the recommendations and deleted the device and now it won’t even recognize it.  How do I add my device back and get it to sync. Only seemed to be a

problem after update to iOs11

Best Answer

I needed to try to synch a few times and delete a previous Fitbit app, then reinstall before success. I was also experiencing fluctuations in the wifi signal, common in my area at the time.  It was worth the minor worry, and it's been brilliant since. 

I would definitely recommend trying a few times with the trouble shooting tips on this site, then ask the support team for help if no success. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine was stuck at this point too. I eventually shut down my phone/device and when I restarted it worked. Was not just shouting the app but the whole phone. Worth a try.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Fitbit Charge and Iphone.  It worked great until I updated my IOS on my phone.  I have tried closing the App, restarting the phone- that worked for about 8 hours.  Same issues and Msg as everyone else.  Fitbit is disappointing.  Maybe time to get an Apple watch like I should have the first time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Getting the same message on my Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still getting this error. It is also saying it. Can not pair. Is this still a problem?  Can't add friends sync or anything. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestions, Marco. I did as you instructed -- closed the Fitbit app, shut down the phone (fully shut down), then powered it back up again, and my Fitbits (yes, multiple) were once again in sync. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues. I had two accounts and was trying to delete one. I unpaired my Alta and then tried to sync it again but it just won’t respond. I get this error message. I have tried all the hints with deleting the app, turning off the phone, forgetting the device with blue tooth. Nothing is working. Please advise how to fix or when it will be resolved. Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am about to give up. I’ve tried everything and I still can’t set up my flex.  

I have not received anything from support to resolve this. Any updates?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No nothing I'm afraid. Still having the same problems. I have emailed support now but they have said it could be 72 hours before I get a reply. So annoying.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone, I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues with set-up. Our team is still investigating why some users are seeing Error 0 and hope to have an update soon. Thanks very much for your patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

my alta was working fine until I tried to download the update.  now my iphone and mac search for the tracker but unable to find it.  

I've tried to restart the alta by pressing the button on the cable 3 times with the alta plugged in but nothing...  

what do I do now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

IOS had yet another update yesterday. All Apple 🍎 users, ensure you have updated all your devices & platforms.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did it this morning. iOS 11.0.3. I contacted Fitbit support who have said it is a known issue that their engineers are working on so not an iOS problem.

Patricia Phillips
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have the latest FitBit version 2.41.1 and cannot get the app to sync my iphone 6s. Do I need to delete the app and reinstall. I've tried everything else and nothing seems to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been working fine for a couple of days now hopefully it will continue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m getting the same thing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn’t work, I tried that 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes