Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 11 - App 2.41.1+ crashing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 1/31/2018: There were some fixes made in recent update 2.45, that will resolve the issue of crashing in some instances. Please update your app if you are experiencing this. We are aware that there are still reports of app crashing when sharing a post to friends or groups as feed data is loading, our team is working on this. Thanks as always for your patience. 

Fitbit Update: 11/2/17

Hi, everyone!

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the Fitbit for iOS app crashing. Our team is still looking into this app crash for all of you. I will update this thread when I have more information on a fix. I really appreciate your patience while this is investigated. 

Fitbit Update: 10/23/17 

iOS Family!

I'm aware that many of you are experiencing app crashes when using the Fitbit for iOS app, since the iOS 11 update. Most commonly, the app is crashing when viewing the Community or Notifications tab or tapping on a Friend. Our team is aware of these frequent crashes and I appreciate you all bringing this to our attention. When there is more information available, I will provide an update here. Thanks, everyone! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

Hi, everyone!

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the Fitbit for iOS app crashing. Our team is still looking into this app crash for all of you. I will update this thread when I have more information on a fix. I really appreciate your patience while this is investigated. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Patience fast running out
Device still won’t track gps and indicates check fit bit app when initialising activity
Not satisfactory

Take care and Stay safe

Martin

Moderator edit: Personal information removed

Best Answer

@Ballsie Hey, there! It sounds like you're having difficulty using Connected GPS on your Charge 2, not with the app crashing. To keep this thread on-topic, I've sent you a PM to offer some more information. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just updated my app ios11 and it won’t even open. Just goes blank. 

Best Answer

Mine is the same today. 4.11.17

Best Answer
0 Votes

App crashes since i uptaded the firmware of my iPhone months ago.

Any fix ???!!!

Best Answer

I have the same problem. I’ve been deLing with it since the iOS update. Also, the Fitcoach is not syncing with it either. The short term fix I’ve been using is to disable Bluetooth for ten seconds and reconnect but that only updates basic info. It’s not auto tracking exercise either. This is very frustrating.

Best Answer

Since updating the app My charge 2 is not syncing and we I logged out end tried to log back in it does not allow me. Please assit

Best Answer
Thanks for the info! I’ll try the Bluetooth disconnect.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My app is crashing without even loading and showing anything but a white screen.  Patiently waiting.  😞

Best Answer

I had this too - and little help from the moderators. I waited for an update and none came.

So I uninstalled the app from my phone and went back to the app store and reinstalled.

Had to sign into my account again and the app opens properly now. Waiting for it to sync up as it has been some time. 

After what seemed an eternity (5 or 6 minutes), everything is back to normal. The time on my fitbit has been updated to daylight savings time etc.

Too bad fitbit won't admit they have a problem!

Best Answer

My app has also been crashing (not even opening) for over a week now since I updated the ios.  Chatted two nights in a row with Fitbit Tech support.  She said they'd 'never heard of this' and will send it to the investigators.  That was November 3rd. Still no update.

When you deleted the app and reinstalled it, did it save all of your previous data?  I would hate to lose 3 years of data.  

Best Answer
Hi,

I reinstalled the app got logged in at the third attempt. I also reset my Fitbit

When it synced all my history data came back. But I only have my Fitbit for a couple of weeks.

Maybe check with Fitbit for how long the Fitbit retain data then that should come back

Regards
Stefanie Cronje

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is day 3 that I didn’t have to login multiple times and my Blaze had no issues during sync. This is also day 3 that my scale was able to sync. I really hope that the issue is now resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a 6S with IOS 11.0.3, Fitbit latest update as of now, 11/11/17, and though I had a bit of a row when first setting up, after Christmas, it was great for what I wanted - connecting to GPS on phone, mapping my hikes and keeping track of my aerobic exercises.  However after the latest update, I can't get the GPS to sync, and I did two great hikes I can't map except by memory, which is very frustrating.  I have restarted the fit bit, uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted the phone and all the other hooha generally recommended.  nada.

I'm glad I am not a French Canadian, they can't even get the ting to work at all, and at least I am still getting Heart Rate and Steps recorded, but this is very frustrating.  I am ready to toss this device and buy a Garmin.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues with my Alta. Everything was fine until the latest IOS update. My iPhone will not allow a sync, it cannot even find it on Bluetooth. I have tried everything. It would sync on my IPad and therefore my iPhone would show the updated sync. I carried out the IOS update and my Ipda went the same as my IPhone. I have an iPad mini and this would still sync, however I updated the IOS on this last night and now cannot sync on this either. There is obviously an issue with the latest IOS update. I used to be able to have all mine on all day sync but now cannot even find them on Bluetooth on all my devices!!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem. The surge will pair with my phone, but I can’t even set it up with the Fitbit app after I did the troubleshooting to get my text to appear on my watch.  After the update to iso 11 everything was fine except getting the texts now I can’t even set up my surge on the Fitbit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Got your message, but I don't have a Charge 2. I have a Flex that right now (fingers crossed) is working fine. It didn't work for more than a week, then suddenly started working again. No idea why, but I'm not complaining.
Thanks for checking-in, though.
Ann Hale “Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers or newspapers without government, I should not hesitate to prefer the latter.” -Thomas Jefferson “Without freedom of thought, there can be no such thing as wisdom; and no such thing as public liberty, without freedom of speech.” -Benjamin Franklin
Best Answer
0 Votes

When opening the app, nothing but a white screen (for the past few days). I just deleted the app and tried to reinstall it... won't install. I can't even download the app again. I got nothing (although even with the app, I feel like I had nothing 😏)

Best Answer

Hi Everyone- Our team is working on a resolution for iOS app crashing, We hope to have a fix soon and will update the thread as soon as we hear more. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer