Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 11 - App 2.41.1+ crashing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 1/31/2018: There were some fixes made in recent update 2.45, that will resolve the issue of crashing in some instances. Please update your app if you are experiencing this. We are aware that there are still reports of app crashing when sharing a post to friends or groups as feed data is loading, our team is working on this. Thanks as always for your patience. 

Fitbit Update: 11/2/17

Hi, everyone!

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the Fitbit for iOS app crashing. Our team is still looking into this app crash for all of you. I will update this thread when I have more information on a fix. I really appreciate your patience while this is investigated. 

Fitbit Update: 10/23/17 

iOS Family!

I'm aware that many of you are experiencing app crashes when using the Fitbit for iOS app, since the iOS 11 update. Most commonly, the app is crashing when viewing the Community or Notifications tab or tapping on a Friend. Our team is aware of these frequent crashes and I appreciate you all bringing this to our attention. When there is more information available, I will provide an update here. Thanks, everyone! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

Even i am facing the same issue every single day and when i tweeted abt it to the fibit support team all they had to say is force quit the app and restart the IOS device feel like abusing them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi mate
Abuse away
I have to clear all background apps then sync prior to using device
Not how it used to be Gps does not track otherwise
They need to resolve soon otherwise mine is going to the top draw in the kitchen and hallo Apple Watch
I’ve emailed customer support so let’s see how I get on
Suggest resolve or replace with something that does what it’s supposed to

Take care and Stay safe

Martin

moderator edit: personal information 

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same issue as well and have reported it a few weeks ago without any update whatsoever. I hope this issue is mitigated soon.

Dr. Toney

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I am in communication with customer support
Question they have asked
Is WiFi switched on
Does fit bit connected to gps and blue tooth when screen locked
What model of fitbit I have
Although they know that
And they have told me the reset procedure
I’ve all ready done that
So I’m waiting
Oh they have screen shots of my dash board
Maybe it will get sorted out

Take care and Stay safe

Martin

moderator edit personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was unable to sync my Alta after the update. Fitbit help person told me to turn off iPad and restart in order to sync. I now have to do that every morning. Hope you will have a solution soon. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reset by plugging in charger connecting device as charging
Then press and hold button on fitbit until display resets
Also try deleting and re installing app on phone
It’s what fitbit will tell you to do

Take care and Stay safe

Martin
moderator edit personal information 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi all. Posted original ‘complaint’.

Thanks for all suggestions. Just think that the Charge should work properly without having to reboot the watch, the app or both ! Had a Zip before and never had this trouble, just began to eat batteries so thought rechargeable would be better. Unfortunately the charge exercises the mind and temper, rather than fitness. At the moment, switching phone off and then on again appears to work.

Will Fitbit ever acknowledge deficiencies ?

Lynn

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

We wait and see they keep suggesting fixes however the underlying issue is the exercise tracker should track exercise with gps functionality without messing around re starting phones
it is not as advertised therefore not what i signed up for

Take Care and stay safe
Martin 

moderator edit: personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am having issues still with the app. it has logged me out and won't let me log back in. What should I do? 

Thanks 

Best Answer

back up your phone
then try deleting the app and re installing

Take Care and stay safe
Martin Balls

Moderator edit: Personal information removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sleep tracker quit working late last week. It had been sporadic for a few days, but finally quit on Saturday. It will sometimes show me the hours I slept, but nothing about when I was restless or awake. About the same time, the 250+ steps per hour quit working. I had been walking about five minutes each hour up until that time, but when it cut off it was just dead.  Before both of these things happened, I had problems with syncing for the better part of a week. I contacted the help forums and customer service and was told the same thing over and over, which I already knew and had tried repeatedly. One day last week I received a message that the syncing problem had been fixed with an update, and it was, but that's when the problems with the sleep tracker and the 250+ steps counter developed. Up until this recent trouble, I had no complaints with the Fitbit Flex, which I've had for several years. But now, after my problems and the stories I have heard from other Fitbit owners, it sounds like the company doesn't really care much about its customers. And the story about the iOS update somehow affecting the Fitbit's syncing . . . if I worked for Fitbit, as soon as I heard about a new update with iOS, I think I would have been contacting Apple to see if any glitches were anticipated. How about some proactive behavior, Fitbit, instead of waiting until something happens and then having to react to it? It's certainly not the best business model if you plan to keep on making the devices, especially considering the large number of Fitbit owners who are now talking about jumping ship for a more reliable product.

Ann Hale

Also annoyed by the lack of attention to the problem

Best Answer

They have replied to basically saying we know there is a problem and you nave our sympathy but tough

Take Care and stay safe
Martin Balls

Best Answer
0 Votes

No issue with me. Running IOS 11 and 2.411 on on iPhone7 and Blaze. WiFi and Bluetooth are on. The most important thing for me is the synch. Do not have a pot of friends so that may be an issue. Feel for those where its not working.

Cheers,
Sanjay
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a lot of friends, they all show up fine in profile list but when I try to invite them to challenges they are not all showing. I also am crashing regularly in community.

I am on the latest versions of both IOS and Fitbit.

Help!!

@AlessFitbit wrote:

iOS Family!

I'm aware that many of you are experiencing app crashes when using the Fitbit for iOS app, since the iOS 11 update. Most commonly, the app is crashing when viewing the Community or Notifications tab or tapping on a Friend. Our team is aware of these frequent crashes and I appreciate you all bringing this to our attention. When there is more information available, I will provide an update here. Thanks, everyone! 

Best Answer

Hi I’ve just downloaded the app, new to the fit bit, it won’t let me agree to the terms and conditions when setting up my flex 2, I’m guessing this is related to the problems with the app? Do I just keep trying? 

Best Answer

Don’t know I haven’t downloaded update yet will have a go

Take care and Stay safe

Check you have completed correctly all the required fields in the registration form

ie e mail and password etc 

that maybe why t and cs won’t allow you to check 

Martin

Best Answer

Hi,

Just updated the Fitbit app to version 2.42 (726) and the crashing is still occurring on my iPhone 6s Plus with the latest IOS version. So what ever you changed hasn’t helped 🙁

I have just just tried removing the app and rebooting my phone, and reinstalling the app again and it is still crashing on the community and challenges screens, mostly when clicking the back button. The update has not fixed the issue 🙁😠

Cheers

Andy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have deleted and reinstalled the app... but got one sync before the problem recurred.  

The app opens to a blank page, with no tabs or anything.  Won’t sync, just blank.  Wth?

Best Answer

Looks like the App is at 8.401.3. Issues go away?

Cheers,
Sanjay
Best Answer
I am still crashing and missing friends on challenges invites.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes