Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 11 - App 2.41.1+ crashing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 1/31/2018: There were some fixes made in recent update 2.45, that will resolve the issue of crashing in some instances. Please update your app if you are experiencing this. We are aware that there are still reports of app crashing when sharing a post to friends or groups as feed data is loading, our team is working on this. Thanks as always for your patience. 

Fitbit Update: 11/2/17

Hi, everyone!

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the Fitbit for iOS app crashing. Our team is still looking into this app crash for all of you. I will update this thread when I have more information on a fix. I really appreciate your patience while this is investigated. 

Fitbit Update: 10/23/17 

iOS Family!

I'm aware that many of you are experiencing app crashes when using the Fitbit for iOS app, since the iOS 11 update. Most commonly, the app is crashing when viewing the Community or Notifications tab or tapping on a Friend. Our team is aware of these frequent crashes and I appreciate you all bringing this to our attention. When there is more information available, I will provide an update here. Thanks, everyone! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Everyone- There were some fixes made in recent update 2.45, that will resolve the issue of crashing in some instances. Please update your app if you are experiencing this. We are aware that there are still reports of app crashing when sharing a post to friends or groups as feed data is loading, our team is working on this. Thanks as always for your patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
80 REPLIES 80

My app crashes every time I accept a friend request. It works fine other than that. I've had about 5 friend requests the past two days, so it has crashed 5 times in the last two days. As far as I know, I haven't lost any data or anything, but it is very inconvenient to have to go back through everything once I reopen the app. I'm running iOS 11.0.3.

Best Answer

Hello @jlynjames, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, at this moment I would like to suggest you to force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone, then swipe up the app. If it's still crashing, please let me know so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
That was the first thing I tried. It didn’t help.
Best Answer

Hi,

The Fitbit app crashes continuously when I explore the community section and browse different groups. I restarted the app, restarted the phone and also reinstalled the app. My problem is yet to be solved. 

I’m on iOS 11.0.3 in my iPhone SE while all my other apps are working just perfectly. Mind you, all other sections of the Fitbit app are running smoothly except for the community section. Hope this issue will be sorted soon. 

Cheers!

Best Answer

@chamitha48 Hi, there! Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

Thanks for reporting this app crash with the latest app version: 2.41.1.The details you have provided are very helpful. I will have this escalated to our engineering team for further investigation. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hello @jlynjames, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. 

At this moment I have forwarded your information to our team, once I have more to share with you about this situation I'll make sure to update the thread accordingly. 

Thanks for your patience, in the meantime if there's anything else I can assist you with, don't hesitate to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s actually quite bad now. I can’t even download the app for the past two days. What is going on? Every time there is an update I experience a some sort of problem. Can’t log on at all or now even worse I can’t get an ap. and I tried absolutely everything. Deleted the app, tried to reinstall, changed password etc etc etc but the app won’t download. Any ideas. 

Best Answer

I’m not on the communities much, but it crashes daily on Dashboard, viewing Friends list, and viewing challenges.  I have force closed the app with hitting home twice and swiping, restarted, pressed the app icon until all the apps jiggle with an “x” in the upper corner, etc.

The crashes happen at least five times a day, as I sync throughout the day on my challenges and input my water and food intake. 

My my next step was to delete and reinstall the app, but I’m waiting as the above member is having problems reinstalling.

Hope to see the crash issue worked out as soon as reasonably possible. Good day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having issues with the Fitbit interface not allowing me to sync with my device. The calories are not being recorded accurately 

Best Answer

Does the IOS 11 also affect the communication with my Fitbit Charge? I have had it for just over a week. Worked fine for 7 days, but today stopped communicating with IPhone 5c. Tried all the switch off/ shut down manoeuvres to NIL effect.  What do I do?........?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Every time i try to sync the fitbit the app crashes and even with Bluetooth turned off the app crashes. I can’t track I can’t do anything on the app. I have tried uninstalling it and tried rebooting the app nothing please fix it

Best Answer

My Fitbit charge 2 constantly tells me to check app when a start exercise 

when I use my bike it does not sync with gps data or map the route anymore 

it is beginning to become quite a problem

it worked fine until the latest update on my iPhone iOS 11

i have deleted and reloaded app 

reset the phone checked location services 

why is this happening it is becoming useless for what I purchased it for 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I am also having the same crashing issue, and the issue where my Charge 2 tells me to check the Fitbit app when starting a walk/hike/run, I find that quitting the app before starting the exercise and opening it again, and then syncing will allow the exercise to start correctly.

The crashing issue happens almost every time I click the back button when looking at a post or a friends profile and occasionally when using the challenges page, the app just quits and I have to reopen it. It can also do the same when moving between a challenge page and the list of current challenges. I have tried rebooting my phone (several times), logging out of the app, deleting the app and reinstalling it from the AppStore, these attempts didn't fix the issue. I have an iPhone 6s Plus 64GB with the latest IOS 11.0.3 (15A432), the Fitbit app is version 2.41.1 (723) and I have a Charge 2 version 22.55.2 and a Charge HR version 122 if this helps. I also have the app on my iPad Pro 9.7" 128GB which is also running the latest IOS 11.0.3, and this does the same. Also why is there not a full screen iPad app for Fitbit? The problem occurs when I am using WiFi or mobile data.

My charge HR is usually not near me or my phone so I don't think is relevant, I only use it now when I need to charge my Charge 2!

Hope this helps
Andy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi that’s exactly what happens to mine
When I start riding it will say check app and won’t record my route, speed and time
It’s a real irritation and not what I signed up for
I run a gps independent of my fit bit but that’s not the point
I will try your method in the morning but it is just real ache having to do it every time
Thanks

Take care and Stay safe

Martin

Best Answer
0 Votes

App crashes when using the friends tab. All the time other wise all good 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The 'hours slept' option on the dashboard also stopped working after the update. It shows today's hours slept even if I go back to yesterday or two days before. Number of steps, calories, etc. change, but the number of hours slept is stuck.

Best Answer

My app and charge hr are not syncing and also the app crashes every time I use it..I have to keep logging in every time

Best Answer

Worst upgrade for the FitBit  !!!  Please update the app, the crashing is bad enough but is not the only issue.  Now even if I try to go to website to use the dashboard, I have to mess with the interface and cannot bypass the advertising to get to dashboard.   And the password is required everytime.     (I have to say that there is no way I would upgrade my device after these issues)

Best Answer

Got to agree with that I am consisting binning my device all together and getting an Apple Watch
The update has ruined the experience

Take care and Stay safe

Martin

Best Answer