Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app not showing correct previous day metrics

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not sure if this was already posted, but the iOS app seems to not be able to display previous day metrics properly for me.  When I’m at the dashboard, I use the left < to navigate through several previous day summary Info and the values refresh several times to display values from current day instead of the previous date that I want to see.

Has anyone been experiencing this problem?  I thought it would have been solved with latest update to the app, but it hasn’t.  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
137 REPLIES 137

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @JRVD. Thank you for your reply, @Bdawid.

@JRVD thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue. I recommend doing the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. For instructions, see this help article.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and log back into your account.

@Bdawid thank you for confirming that your iOS is up to date. I also recommend confirming if your Fitbit app is updated as we've released a new version on June 15th: How do I update the Fitbit app? 

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also affecting for my Versa

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time to share your comments and experiences. 

I appreciate your time and feedback. Our team is always working on our products and services, and your comments are always welcome. We've recently released a new version of the Fitbit app and I recommend updating the app by following the steps at How do I update the Fitbit app? Please let me know if you continue experiencing difficulty with viewing your stats for previous days after that. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I  worked out several times last week. I also had a Skype work out session with my personal trainer. When I sync my watch & phone the phone shows the length of time doing activity briefly then it disappears. When I scroll back through the days again the minutes appear & then disappear!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still appears to have the same behavior for me... it looks as though, the issue is being caused by the syncing between the FitBit device, in my case Ionic, and the iOS App. Turning Bluetooth off allows the app to display the correct data for the today screen for days prior to today. Once Bluetooth is on, and the device syncs with the app, the previous days today page data is overwritten with today’s data, except for Steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry, no difference ( my phone app was already on the latest update)

Bob

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello -

I updated to Fitbit app 3.23.1, and unfortunately the bug continues.  When you click back in time, the small icons at the top of the dashboard flicker between their correct values and today's values and settle on today's values.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree with the others that the bug still exists. I force closed the app and tried and also rebooted phone and retested.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the tip! If I turn off Bluetooth, then I’m able to correctly see the previous days’ stats on the dashboard. Once I turn it back on, then it flickers back to the current day’s stats, no matter which previous day is selected.

Thanks also for reporting the issue and hope it gets resolved soon. 

Best Answer
Hello

The update did not fix the bug. Same as everyone else see attached.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That tip worked for me too. I turned off bluetooth on my iPhone and the app displayed the data correctly.  I then turned it back on and the data display resumed its wonky behavior...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same, plus it’s not tracking my days of exercise correctly because of it. Says I’ve only exercised 1-4 and I’ve done 3 of 4 but those days information is all glitchy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wear an Inspire and my husband wears a Versa Lite. We both have the FiBit App on our IPhone 8; both running IOS 13.5.1. We both are experiencing this problem and have tried all of the suggestions presented here, without success. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i did this thanks for the help..i left the app on and the step count seems to stay like it was when i was just keeping the app off(the app is still totally messed up btw). it’s still randomly adding floors climbed, and now a new problem(don’t know if related or not) is it gives me zero active minutes(on a 13000 step day with a workout). i noticed it no longer tracks my heart rate which is how i think it calculates active minutes - it tracked it every day before i reset everything yesterday....is this fitbit sabotaging their thing before handing it to google(in which case, applause), or is it google’s people have it now and they’re destroying it(in which case, expected)?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bugs happen. Humans aren’t perfect and while your patience is running out after 2 weeks. I don’t think you understand how long it takes to identify a problem such as this and actually redeploy and fix the problem. Congrats on the accomplishment though that’s amazing!!!! I also hope they are able to fix it soon but it will probably take a little longer.

Best Answer

Hello all, thank you for the updates.

I would like to advise that this issue has been reported to our team and they are already investigating it and looking for a resolution. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more. Your patience and understanding while this is resolved is appreciated. 

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Recently I noticed that the FitBit app can’t choose whether to show stats from the selected day or the current day.  

It switches 4 times between selected and current day stats and lands on current day.  Steps are accurate but the stats below the steps are all out of sync.  

Is this a known issue??

Thank you,

-Daniel

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @DJ_HKATX.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that the app is showing incorrect stats from previous days. Thank you for providing the additional details and I am here to help. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. Thanks for trying to resolve this. I would like to advise that this issue has been reported to our team and they are already investigating it and looking for a resolution. I appreciate your patience and understanding while this is resolved.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer

I’m having the exact same issue. Using the back button to view previous days causes the floors and Kms metrics to flash for a brief second the correct numbers for that day then revers back to the current days numbers. The other two metrics I have displayed are calories burned and steps, which display the correct numbers 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue for me.   Hope they resolve it soon.  Very annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes