Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app not showing correct previous day metrics

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not sure if this was already posted, but the iOS app seems to not be able to display previous day metrics properly for me.  When I’m at the dashboard, I use the left < to navigate through several previous day summary Info and the values refresh several times to display values from current day instead of the previous date that I want to see.

Has anyone been experiencing this problem?  I thought it would have been solved with latest update to the app, but it hasn’t.  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
137 REPLIES 137

I reported this bug.

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. Posting here so hopefully I’ll get notifications when new posts are added with a fix! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes!! Driving me nuts 😣 I double checked everything to make sure my apps / phone were up to date.. still nothing.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s so frustrating!!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. It started 3 days ago. It stopped syncing even manually.  I have removed the app and restarted my Fitbit Inspire. Reinstalled the app and restarted the Fitbit. When I reconnected the Fitbit did not sync. I have the latest version of iOS on my iPhone and iPad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sam problem for me as well.   I submitted support ticket with video of problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having a similar problem for the last three days. I typically have my fitbit app running on my iphone. I noticed that my 10,000+ steps reset to 1574. I rebooted the fitbit and I got all my steps back. But if the app was on, then it kept resetting. The following morning, I had lost almost all the steps from the day before and had to do an awkward rough fix with a manual change. Same problem the next day. It just slashed a few thousand steps off.

Over the last two days I noticed I just lose steps all the time. It just goes down a few hundred steps over and over. It is clearly because of the iphone app. I suppose I can write down my steps at the end of the day and do a manual fix the next day until this is fixed. Very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried turning off my Bluetooth, @St101 - Now I can see the correct data from previous days. Thanks for the temporary solution. I maintain an Excel spreadsheet to track my miles so this will be a big help. I’m in a non-Fitbit challenge to walk 1,000 miles in 2020. Managed to exceed that last year. It keeps me motivated. 

Best Answer

Hi @LiliyaFitbit  - I'm running iOS version 13.5.1 on my iPhone 7.  My Fitbit app is up to date. I’ve also tested this issue on my Versa, Versa 2 and Charge 4 - all with the same results when trying to view data from previous days. All devices have been updated, except for the Versa. I did not update that one as I was curious to see if it had an effect. It did not. Let me know if I can help in testing any other way. 

Best Answer

Hi Carol-B ... if you turned off your bluetooth, then how do you sync? Where are you seeing the data? Not sure I understand the process here. My data from yesterday, after syncing with my iphone app, is 4000 or so short. But I can't update my data without bluetooth connecting my charge 3 and the iphone app. Any help would be appreciated! TY.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s a little convoluted but here’s what I did:

- Sync - with Bluetooth on

- Turn Bluetooth off

- Check my previous day’s data

- Turn Bluetooth back on

Not the best solution but a temporary one for my needs until Fitbit resolves this. 

Best Answer

Still no fix!! Latest update did not solve the issue either. Very frustrating!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What latest update?

Best Answer
0 Votes
What latest update?

Sent from my:mobile_phone:
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm pretty sure the weird display issue is only on the dashboard screen of the iOS Fitbit app.  It was mentioned earlier in the thread that going past the dashboard and diving down into each stat displays correct historical data on the subsequent pages; it's only the dashboard that is incorrect.  Also, the dashboards on Windows devices are fine.  IOW, the data is good, but historic data on the dashboard screen is whacked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes

This is exactly what my fitbit is doing, I guess we are all having the same issues, the only one who doesn't know... seems to be Fitbit!! lol

Let's hope they correct this soon, or I might be starting my car & getting it ready to back over my watch!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks again everyone for your reports and updates.

I appreciate everyone's efforts and the additional details, I understand that this can be very frustrating. This issue is still not resolved, but high priority. I'll continue to update this thread. Thanks very much for your patience. 

@SunsetRunner thank you for confirming the steps of temporary solution. I really appreciate your participation and help!

I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

We all appreciate you thanking us for our patience, but I know that mine is very quickly running out. This has been going on for almost 2 weeks now & what we all would really like is......... for Fitbit to actually rectify these problems so we can all get on with it. I am not training for a marathon or anything, but I do take my exercise seriously & have lost almost 30kg over the last couple of years. I have no intention on putting the weight back on & my fitbit watch does help. I just want it to go back to normal again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am going to delete the Fitbit App from my iPad and iPhone. I don’t know what happened to the app on Wednesday. I am just going to give up. I don’t need any more frustration in my life now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s going to take some time to update the iOS app. First of all they have to track down the bug, even after they have identified, fixed, and tested the app, they have to resubmit the updated app to the Apple App Store. Apple has their own time frame they release updated apps and I’m certain it will be entered in a queue FIFO for review by Apple’s developer app review team. I know it’s hard to have patience, but there was a work around posted in this thread that would allow you to view the correct data on the for you page. Historical data is fine if you click on any metric, it’s just the today page data that’s hosed. Hope that helps.

Best Answer