Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fully charged Alta. Will not turn on unless charging after new update.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The last time I fully charged my Alta, I synced it and realized there was a new update. I updated it and hours later when I tapped it to check my steps, the display wouldn't turn on at all. I tried syncing it and it couldn't find it. I plugged it back into the charger and it restarted, but was fully charged. I've tried restarting it, multiple times. As soon as it's disconnected from the charger and the display turns off I am not able to get the display to turn back on. Which also means it doesn't track any of my steps. I really think the update has made my fitbit completely unusable. 😞

Best Answer
98 REPLIES 98

This happens to me too and my Fitbit is only 3 months old. I've tried everything. Please help I'm desperate!!!

Best Answer

So is there a resolution to this?

Brand new out of box...fully charged, setup to my account but will not record  or synch unless it is connected to charging cord? I can't tap my Alta alive.  Did the charger button 3-4x multiple times. 

How am I supposed to use this if I have to be plugged in/charging to even track steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did want all the suggestions said I disconnected from the app all that and it's still failed I don't think there's a solution to this I think like someone said they want you to just keep buying their newer products. 

Best Answer

Contacted Fitbit they won’t do anything. Such an expensive product for it to last less than 3 years so disappointed. They tried to give me a discount on next purchase or free shipping on a charger. I don’t feel I need to buy thing from Fitbit when it isn’t my fault their product isn’t good.  

Best Answer

I have had my Fitbit now for about 2 years and for the last few months I couldn’t find it. I just found it again and got excited to start wearing it again. Last night I charged it the whole night and when I wake up it has a black screen. It won’t turn on until I plug it back in. I was curious to see if it would count steps so I jiggled it around a bit. I got it to say 11 steps and then I unplugged it again and it turned black. I plugged it  back in and it said 0 steps. I am very upset about this. Also Fitbits cost quite a bit of money and no one wants to just buy a new one when there’s trouble! This needs to be fixed! 😠

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think their firmware update breaks the Alta.

Best Answer

Me too! It's not working even if I reset it!! Plz help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues. I can filter through the screens when it's plugged in that the second I unplug it the screen goes dark no matter how many times I tap it to try and wake it back up. I just got it I set it up deleted it set it up again I've also hit the button and done the restart for the device and nothing's working is there anything else you can talk me through trying before I try to send this back?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up throwing mine out!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

You were never able to get it to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I deleted it and then set it up again I did reset and still it's working if
unplugged. Any idea??
Best Answer
0 Votes

It only works when plugged. The minute I unplug it it goes off

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MaryHartley no I haven't, I tried every possible method available online. Nothing worked and I lost the hope. But fitbit community contacted me asking about details of my device and giving me a coupon for flat 25% off on any fitbit product bought. Since this issue I lost trust in there products. 

Best Answer
This is really bull**ahem**, I barely used it. I totally lost trust and I will
never buy any of their product
Best Answer
Hi, sorry never got my Fitbit to work again, when not on charge. 😢

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Already gave up on this brand. 

Best Answer
Nope
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just adding to the list. Mine is doing the same thing.  This is the second Fitbit to die on me.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

same mine wont work and i even tried resetting it and syncing it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine doing same thing. Only works when plugged n. Once unplugged, screen goes black. Have reset numerous times and cleaned trackers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes