Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta Notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Alta comes with the ability to set up and receive call, text, and calendar notifications on iOS and Android.

This post will provide instructions on how to setup your alerts so that you can see who's texting you, the Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 11.29.29 AM.pngcontent of the messages, who's calling, and what your calendar has on deck for you. For a detailed overview of alerts for Alta, please see this help page

• How do I set up call/text/calendar notifications on Alta? 
  1. Make sure that your mobile device is compatible with our notifications feature by visiting http://www.fitbit.com/devices
  2. On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is enabled, and make sure your device is nearby!
  3. Open the Fitbit app on your mobile device and tap your tracker tile at the top of your mobile Dashboard.
  4. Tap your tracker tile a second time, tap "Notifications" (iOS) or "Call and Text Notifications (Android) and then turn on call/text/calendar notifications.
  5. To verify that set up was successful, check out the list of Bluetooth connected devices on your mobile device. Your Alta should appear.
  • How do I view call/text/calendar notifications on Alta?

You can view your notifications when they come in by using Quick View or by double-tapping the Alta where the band and tracker meet.

Notes

• For Android users, please ensure that you've turned notification access on in your settings and enabled each notification in the Fitbit App. 
  • Calendar notifications use the native calendar app in iOS, and the native or selected 3rd party app on Android. 
  • Windows Phones do not support alerts at this time.
Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
643 REPLIES 643

Check the list of supported devices first. Yours may not be in it. If it
is...try hooking it up to your charger and computer, then click the little
button on the usb end to reset. You won't lose data.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the same problem with the same device.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I charged my Alta for the first time since its initial charge yesterday and after it charged it stopped notifying me of messages (I don't know if the two are linked or if its just a coincidence). I have the setting turned "on" in the FitBit app and have tried turning it off and back on several times. I really like how it notifies me of text messages and I want this feature back! Any suggestions/help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am having the same problem sporadically.. sometimes it will vibrate sometimes it won't. Frustrating
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it possible to see the whole text message than only a 40 charcters text preview?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree this might be accurate. There are a ton of different applications for text messaging that are being forced onto users by carriers (Verizon for example) and even by manufacturers (samsung for example) then there is even Google hangouts which is great because of all its features but breaks just about every other integration it doesn't create.

My recommendation is to use the stock app on most non samsung phones and if you have samsung and having issues download Google launcher and then use its stock message app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having problems with my new Fitbit Alta recieving text notifications.  I did all the suggestions myself and then called customer service.  The steps they guided me through did not work either.  They said they will talk to the engineering team.  Has this happened to anyone else?  What did they do?  The text notifications is part of the reason I got this tracker so I'm very upset.  I am using the iPhone 6s+, anyone else and has it working?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  I very upset.  It states it's compatiable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What's the difference between Hangouts and Messaging when you're setting up the text alerts on an Android phone? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
They didn't say the full text alerts worked with APP apps. Hangouts
compared to messages might as well be eBay. If you understand what I
mean. It's a different application period.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Honeybee19 I'm having the same problem and a replacement didnt help. Also
the reminder to move started working 24 hours after set up and then just
stopped working a day later. There appears to be major problems with the
Alta with absolutely no communication coming from Fitbit that they are
working on a fix. I'm waiting one week and plan on returning the Alta if
the deafening silence continues.
Best Answer

Confirm your mobil app is up to date

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've read the same issue over and over again, that the notifications were not displaying. Through reading through multiple threads, I just found that when the Alta is vibrating with an incoming text or call, you must tap it to see the notification. This was not the case with my Charge, so I'm a bit confused why you must now tap. 

Is anyone else having similar experiences?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was wondering about this too. You either have to flick your wrist to see or tap the screen. The way it was explained to me was that since you can only see the message once, they make sure you will see it by either having to tap or flick your wrist. Otherwise you could miss it I guess
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in the same boat as you. Same phone and what not... I am able to get phone call notifications, but not text. If you find a solution please let me know. It is aggravating. I have done everything that the site suggests to solve the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have a GREAT day,

Melanie Rogers
Best Answer
0 Votes
Not getting notifications for text/calls etc. Set up correctly. Phone compatible. Bluetooth is on. What now?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not recieve phone call notifications but i do get a message notification?! Can you make it make noise instead of vibrate?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cassiegage  There is not a way to change notifications to alert you by sound - the device does not have that capacity.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer