Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Oxygen Variation graph is broken

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I just noticed that the green and yellow lines have changed and now are all over the place on the graph. All graphs for different days start with a 0:00 hrs. The fluctuations are not at all in line with what I was reading up until today.  Anyone experienced this issue?? Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1,292 REPLIES 1,292

I totally agree.  I have talked to many people who like the other smart watches.  And they other watches actually do more than my versa 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was back to normal this morning. 😁👍

Best Answer

Ditto ....very disappointed in this company!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought a new Lux and Verizon sent me a replacement phone s20fe , well now found out the sync issue was watch not phone and oxygen graph is not to be believed. Guess the watch is going back

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me also. My graph now looks like I will
Will live to see a new day.
Finally!
Best Answer

If I may ask does you graph show any y axis or anything that it can be compared too. I have mild apnea but the first thing my doctor is gonna say this is to be compared to what? I'm glad graphs look better thank you Fitbit But we need a moderate to know base with us users and give us a clue to what you are even looking ar there a dotted line above going straight across. Hoping LIZZYFITBIT will reply to mine and major post

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Audreybrooks056 I'm pretty sure that the y-axis is blank and the threshold is ambiguous because Fitbit does not want owners to rely on the device to diagnose sleep apnea.  It is just a pretty rough estimate of how much oxygen/breathing variation that you have during the night.  It is probably more useful for TRENDS (eg. you see your graphing shooting over the threshold more and more over time or after certain medications, etc.).  I doubt a sleep doctor would give much credence to a Fitbit sleep graph but if a Fitbit wearer were to see weird looking graphs frequently, they would probably ask their doctor about it and he would probably refer them to a somnologist for evaluation.  You just have to realize that you cannot take the data coming off your Fitbit as the gospel truth.  I learned that early on from the HR monitor.  One day I was trying to sneak in some extra steps so I started jogging in place.   After about 5 min my Fitbit showed my HR jumping from 60bpm to 140+.  I took my pulse and it was 70bpm.  Somehow the Fitbit confuses my step rate with my pulse rate and come up with a multiple (usually 2x my actual pulse rate).  But overall, it does a decent job with HR.  I just have to be mindful that it does make mistakes and not take it too seriously.  Now when it came to the 3.64 EOV graphs... well that was just total trash and meaningless to everybody, especially when we were all used to the SMOOTHED EOV graphs.  

PS:  If Fitbit does get FDA approval on their SpO2 monitoring, then maybe some day they will include labels/values on the Y-axis of the EOV graph, but since it is VARIATION, it will probably be something like a range of 0-10% "variation" rather than 90-100% "saturation".  And even then you will ask, "Variation from what?  100% saturation or 80% saturation?"  The EOV doesn't say anything about what your normal saturation is, it only says how much VARIATION you have around that average saturation.  

Best Answer

I suspect they have moved the bar so more falls below it. If there was a scale saying either the actual percentage spo2 or the variation from 90% for example it would be much more useful.  I think its only good for looking for trends if you suddenly have lots of orange peaks 

Best Answer

I totally agree with you we are all giving to much emphasis on a non medical device. I have a sleep dr I guess my advice is if you wanna know true values get a wellvue spo2 ring I think since watches have been approved to pick up on issues such as afib etc. Everyone has assumed that all other features and graphs are in stone...  but like you said it's more for your trends. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very good explanation @tboll01 . But then why can I see the oxygen saturation variation on my watch? For last night, it says 92% to 96% . Every morning I can check directly on the watch what the oxygen saturation was for the night. Why is it possible to see it on the watch and not in the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Version 3.65 fixed it on my phone with my Charge 4.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes the fitbit app does make a lot of errors.  On a busy day I am up and down sometimes 14 times yet it only records twice if that.  However a few days later it will show how I did numerous stairs and I haven't gone up or any.    Really looking into a more reliable smart watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe the "variation from what" is that the graph is a first derivative graph of the saturation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please change this back to what it was, I bought this watch mainly for SPO2 monitoring, and now it is absolutely unreadable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner that one is easy to explain as well.  The Fitbit's altimeter is based on changes in atmospheric pressure.  The higher you go up the less the atmospheric pressure.  But on days when weather fronts are passing through, you often experience a drop in barometric pressure, a "low".  If you are walking while the barometric pressure is going down, Fitbit will interpret that as climbing up stairs.  There are days when my area has had some awful thunderstorms and my "stair climbing" reading is off the chart.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Got the update last night. Well it reports sleep data on the first screen
if I go to the detail screen it still hasn't processed that data after 2
hours. Increasingly disappointed in this purchase
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hadnt noticed that option. Thanks

I was playing with options and you have to add , download it to see on
phone. Go under health metrics.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe  Fitbit says you need to sleep 3 hours to get any data and as people have said this is not a medical device. My doctor has a Fitbit and told me that the heart rate is very reliable, which I have found.  Is it off on occassion? - probably ,  and all watchs are not perfect with steps and stairs - I am fine with that.  I know I don't wan a big expensive smart watch - I am a small person and the Versa 2 is big enough and not that expensive.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good for you yours is working.  You know I bought my new versa 2 for my Christmas present for myself just before Christmas last year.  Within a few months I had issues with it.  Fitbit sent me a replacement.  Now this.  I have had numerous fitbits.   I think I have put too much faith into a company and now I hear google has bought them out?  There are so many issues with google that others have switched to different browsers.  Now the fitbit.  I have updated.  It is the latest update.  My fitbit only goes to exercising and wanting to be a timer. for the exercise.  The android is updated and yes I have the latest version on my  Samsung 22 ultra and I cannot do anything with it.  I have reset my Fitbit and still, same o same o.  Even tried to put the fitbit app onto my PC.  It installs but won't do anything.   Google has really cocked up something big time.  I am all done.   Another smart watch will adorn my wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Withdrawn

Best Answer
0 Votes