Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I switch back to old dashboard on the mobile Android app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have accidently clicked on the stupid message about the new dashboard and now can't get back to the old one.
I do not like the new format so want to stay with the old, I would also like to get rid of the banner with the info about the new dashboard, if I can get it back to the old format

Help please!

Moderator Edit: Format/Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

I accidently changed my dashboard and I really hate the new one and want the old one back. This has happened before and I was always able to switch it back. Now when I go to advanced settings the option to swipe back to the other dashboard has disappeared. How can I now get back the old dashboard? The new one is too busy! Waiting to hear from you.

Regards,

Steve Ramirez

Best Answer

Oh it was no accident. Everyone has the new dashboard now.

Best Answer

Oh .....I hate this busy new dashboard....guess its time for a new tracker....bye bye FITBIT!!!

Best Answer

I wonder if the previous version can be side loaded.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Wackyshel wrote:

My dashboard changed on its own to the new dashboard and there is no option to switch it back under Advanced Settings anymore.  I REALLY dislike the new dashboard.   What can I do to fix it?

Buy a different brand of fitness monitor, because Fitbit doesn't care what you want.

Best Answer

Open a support case.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Wackyshel wrote:

My dashboard changed on its own to the new dashboard and there is no option to switch it back under Advanced Settings anymore.  I REALLY dislike the new dashboard.   What can I do to fix it?

Buy a different brand of Fitness monitor, because Fitbit doesn't care what you want.

Best Answer

You don't have the newest

@jusjude wrote:
Hi
I managed to go back to the old banner by doing the following but do not
know whether this is still an option.

1. Open Fitbit app
2. Tap "Account" located on the dashboard menu
3. Swipe down & tap "Advanced Settings"
4. Tap switch back to old dashboard

There is no way to get rid of the old banner so be careful not to hit it
again as if you manage to do it do not know how long this option will last
as Fitbit do not listen to the many many customers that do NOT LIKE the new
dashboard.

Hope it works

You don't have the newest update yet.  That option to go back no longer exists in the latest version.

Best Answer

Disable auto updates fast!

Best Answer
0 Votes

no more option to switch back to old dashboard.. why?

Best Answer

here is the option to switch back to old dashboard? its gone

Best Answer

With the new dashboard, my food and weight and water do not show from my fitness pal. That's the reason I kept changing BACK to the old dashboard. Others find it too. Very disappointed.

Best Answer

With the new dashboard, my food and weight and water do not show from my fitness pal. That's the reason I kept changing BACK to the old dashboard. Others find it too. Very disappointed. I will Google the old APK. Then set as no update.

Best Answer

E-mailed support and this was the response:

We are glad to have the opportunity to explain reasons why some changes are introduced on our Dashboard.

Thank you for your preference for our Flex, and for having our app version up to date.

Although we respect your opinion, kindly note that as the mobiles display are able to show more information, our development team, try to offer the more information possible at a glance.

We are sorry that as trial for our Dashboard ended, the change has been made, and there is no chance to get previous dashboard version.

Our development team, is trying to find a suitable solution for all preferences, and this might be reflected with adjustments to our Dashboard on future versions.

We sincerely hope that with use, you might find some advantages of the new presentation.

Any further question, please feel free to let us know, we are happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Humberto G and the Fitbit Team

--
Best Answer
0 Votes

the solution is pretty simple and require no effort from your team at all. Just give us back the choice to click on the link before located at advance settings to go back to the old dashboard.

Cheers!

Best Answer

This is what passes off as customer service.  Wonderful.

"Although we respect your opinion, kindly note that as the mobiles display are able to show more information, our development team, try to offer the more information possible at a glance."  If you respected our opinion, you wouldn't have forced this on us.  And no, it doesn't show more information.  It shows the same information, when it actually works, which is never.  None of the tiles update unless clicked on, and even then, there's a lag.  The previous dashboard just worked.

"We are sorry that as trial for our Dashboard ended, the change has been made, and there is no chance to get previous dashboard version."  How hard can it be to program it back in??  It was already part of the program before...

"Our development team, is trying to find a suitable solution for all preferences, and this might be reflected with adjustments to our Dashboard on future versions."  We just gave you one.  Bring back the option for the old dashboard.  It worked.  Quite well for most in fact.  That adage about "If it ain't broke don't fix it" comes to mind...

Best Answer
Bah humbug! An app that is less useful than the old version...
Best Answer
Still prefer the old version new one is not nice don't know why the people
that prefer the old version can't keep it. Developers should listen to the
people.

That's all I am going to say now on the matter.

Finished
Best Answer

This solution no longer works. There is no way to go back to the old dashboard. Much prefer the previous version. How can I get back there?

Best Answer
It is very disappointing that a company would fail to recognize strong
preferences of its customers, and make a change that is not just disliked,
but reviled by many. If Fitbit does not start paying attention to its
customers, it will start losing out to its competitors. The response to
our numerous complaints about the change amounts to a slap in the face -
"we at Fitbit don't really care what you want, we are making a change that
is loathed because we can." Well, dear Fitbit, your blatant disregard for
decent customer service is not going unnoticed. The saying is "the
customer is always right" for a reason. We have more power than you
realize. If this situation is not addressed quickly, and with a sincere
apology, much of the Fitbit community will be leaving for greener pastures
where we are respected.

Before the dashboard change and refusal to fix it, I was set on purchasing
a new Alta HR in the next week. Now I will not. I do belive in second
chances, though. I am, therefore, willing to stick with Fitbit if they can
issue a quick and sincere apology with a promise to listen, and change the
dashboard back soon. While I have immeasurable patience for friends and
family, I have little patience for companies to which I give my hard earned
dollars when they choose to treat people with disrespect. If the issue is
not adequately addressed quickly, I will be loudly leaving the Fitbit
community, and I will be taking my friends and family with me.
Best Answer