Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I switch back to old dashboard on the mobile Android app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have accidently clicked on the stupid message about the new dashboard and now can't get back to the old one.
I do not like the new format so want to stay with the old, I would also like to get rid of the banner with the info about the new dashboard, if I can get it back to the old format

Help please!

Moderator Edit: Format/Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

@jusjude wrote:
Hi
I managed to go back to the old banner by doing the following but do not
know whether this is still an option.

1. Open Fitbit app
2. Tap "Account" located on the dashboard menu
3. Swipe down & tap "Advanced Settings"
4. Tap switch back to old dashboard

There is no way to get rid of the old banner so be careful not to hit it
again as if you manage to do it do not know how long this option will last
as Fitbit do not listen to the many many customers that do NOT LIKE the new
dashboard.

Hope it works

Well I never I had changed back to the original and since replying to a few on the community forum how to do it Fitbit has managed to change my dashboard. I think this is quite dispicable of them, why not let the people have the dashboard they prefer.

@jusjude wrote:
Hi

1. Open Fitbit app

dashboard.

Hope it works

Well I never after answering a few people on the community forum on how to change back and I had been using the old version for sometime Fitbit has managed to change me back to the new version how dispicable of them. Why not let the people that prefer the old version have it surely if it's what us the customer wants then why change when it's not broke.

Best Answer

The lower right corner of my dashboard is notifications.  That being said, I've found advanced account settings and there is no option to go back to the old dashboard.  

Please help! I really dislike the new dashboard.

Thanks for your time.

Best Answer

@jusjude wrote:
Hi

1. Open Fitbit app

dashboard.

Hope it works

@jusjude wrote:
Hi

1. Open Fitbit app

dashboard.

Hope it works

Well I never after answering a few people on the community forum on how to change back and I had been using the old version for sometime Fitbit has managed to change me back to the new version how dispicable of them. Why not let the people that prefer the old version have it surely if it's what us the customer wants then why change when it's not broke.

Best Answer

switch back to the old dashboard is no longer an option

Best Answer
Sorry they have changed mine back today. You cannot change it now.
Dispicable of them. When my Fitbit is no longer working I will change to a
different tracker.
Best Answer

@Wackyshel wrote:
I do believe in second chances, though. I am, therefore, willing to stick with Fitbit if they can
issue a quick and sincere apology with a promise to listen, and change the
dashboard back soon.

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but based on previous experiences, fitbit never apologises and never listens to its customers. They did the same with the online dashboard design (many complained yet it was forced on all users regardless), the removal of features (it used to be possible to add many more manual measurements. Some people had bought a Fitbit device for these features and they were simply ignored); the current redesign of the app follows the same plan.

They post in the forum that they will consider feedback, allow and promote the creation of posts listing suggestions from users how to improve the app/dashboard/website/etc. and then blithely ignore all suggestions and follow their own course.

Best Answer
The option to switch back is no longer available.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well that's a horrible business model. As an avid Android and PC supporter
I never thought I would say this; but, I am seriously considering switching
to the Apple fitness tracker. I mean, at least they are upfront about not
giving people choices.
Best Answer

@jusjude wrote:

Why not let the people that prefer the old version have it surely if it's what us the customer wants then why change when it's not broke.

Well, the answer is that it simplifies their code maintenance, only having one display module to maintain. But that's just another example of Fitbit caring more about their internal "needs" than their customers'.

Best Answer

@LR13 wrote:

E-mailed support and this was the response:

Although we respect your opinion, kindly note that as the mobiles display are able to show more information, our development team, try to offer the more information possible at a glance.

--

Hogwash.  It displays LESS information than the old dashboard did. They're taking lessons from Sean Spicer. 

Best Answer

There is no help available. Fitbit made the decision to ignore their customers' desires and impose their desire on you. 

@Michele15213 wrote:

Please help! I really dislike the new dashboard.

Thanks for your time.

Best Answer

I hate the new dashboard too.I can read the old one easier. I just got the new Alta HR and will be taking it back if the old dash is not reinstated.

Best Answer

I loathe that new dashboard 

Best Answer

With the latest Android update done today, (2.48) 2183120, I no longer have the option under advance settings to select 'old dashboard'.... help PLEASE 

Best Answer

Just had an update on mine and I'm back to the new dashboard and step 4 doesn't seem to be there now. Please tell me theres another way. My autism doesn't like tiles, it needs a list 😞😞😞

Best Answer

I have the same issue. Advance settings doesn't have the option to switch back.

Best Answer

I tried this solution, but my advanced settings no longer has the option to switch back. Not like!

Best Answer

Absolutely HATE the new dashboard.  Please find a way for users to get the old dashboard back!  What a disappointment to discover advanced settings no longer offers this option.  If I wanted tiles, I would be tracking my stats with a phone instead of wearing a FitBit.  The new dashboard is too busy to read at a glance.

Best Answer

This thread has instructions on how to download and manually install the previous version:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/New-Android-Dashboard/td-p/1954805

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BobM2 Your link to a forum where I can express my opinion is not working.  Did Fitbit remove it because they don't like us voicing our concerns or am I just having trouble getting to it?

Best Answer