Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei phone brand: not receiving notifications and notification banner in the app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 7/23

Hello everyone!

We are aware of an issue that is currently preventing our Huawei users to receive notifications on their watches/trackers from their mobile phones, and encountering the error message "Notification service is not running."

We apologize for the inconvenience, and are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. We will update this thread as soon as we have more details on this fix, and appreciate your patience in the meantime.

You can confirm the steps to set up notifications and check troubleshooting instructions at How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

Please follow this thread for updates!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
98 REPLIES 98

Well done LiliyaFitbit for COMPLETELY ignoring my post.

I had a question in there asking why has it taken you 8 months to acknowlegde this problem, there is a single moderator comment in there at the very start, and that same moderator has completely ignored it ever since.

Was the issue ignored as you want to keep the sales with Huawei phone users going or something?

Best Answer

I had a p20 lite when I first got my versa lite and only seemed to get notifications sporadically if at all. I now have a p30 lite that I got in June and I think I've had notifications on it maybe once since then. Flipping expensive digital watch I'm wearing... 

(one unrelated gripe is it also can't read my hr through my tattoo, which my old garmin watch managed perfectly fine. Not sure why I'm sticking with the watch to be honest!) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still waiting for up date, do you know when it will be, really appreciate it.. always something with a android... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, a week later and there has been zero answers by the three moderators on the post; LiliyaFitbit, RicardoFitbit and SilviaFitbit.

I think everyone who has a Huawei phone needs to accept that Fitbit as a company does not care about us as customers, the moderators do not care or even attempt to answer basic questions.

This issue was first reported back in November but it was ignored. The company itself, if you phone them, state they are completely unaware of any problems with compatibility. 10 months. 10 months at least it has been around and they have done nothing and still do not seem to be fully aware of it.

With each Android update, the app is worse or the same, certainly not better. The company doesn't update the app for each Andoird update even though Android provides update information accessible to all app developers - I know as I'm a system/app tester for a living. I can also confirm it does not take a month to develop a fix for something like this if it was actually being worked on.

This company is a disgrace for it's lack of customer support.

Best Answer

I'm using Huawei P40 Pro handphone, the firbit apps not functioning at ALL, the apps will automatically shut down every time after launch.

This might be due to firbit apps still not updraded to this p40 Pro model, or rather the phone not compatible with fitbit apps, BUT PLS ANSWER ALL OF US HERE!!! 

WHEN CAN WE HAVE AN UPGRADED FITBIT APPS THAT CAN WORK SMOOTHLY WITH THE LATEST PHONE LIKE HUAWEI P40 PRO???

UR IMMEDIATE RESPOND IS REALLY APPRECIATED... THANKS

Best Answer

Kindly make fitbit apps available in AppGallery for downloading in Huawei phone.

Also make sure fitbit apps is compatible with latest Huawei phone like P40 Pro.

Thanks 

Best Answer

Don't get your hopes up, it's been almost a year without a fix for this and I expect it will be much longer, if ever, that a fix is done.

Fitbit + Huawei = Not compatible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated my Charge 3 tracker but don't receive any notifications. It keep saying "notification service not running". When will this issue be solved? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Suggest you read some of the previous comments, especially mine.

Issue has been around for 10 months, don't expect a fix anytime soon, or ever.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The power of social media. I commented on a facebook post yestersay and now someone is looking into my case.. It may be an idea for others to do the same as it doesnt look like theyre looking into the issue as a whole, just individuals 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, thank you for the updates.

I sincerely apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue. I don't have an update at this time, but wanted to let you know that our team is actively working on this issue. I will update this thread once I hear more. Thanks again for your patience.

@apw2 Thank you for mentioning that the issue was reported for the first time in mid-November. I apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your feedback. Our team is always working on our products and services, and your comments are always welcome. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There must be target completion date to work on this issue, as it was pending since Nov 2019!!!

This is the responsibility of a trustworthy company towards their customers that supported them... Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

LiliyaFitBit... wow, i've been posting here constantly since November on this issue and this is the first time Any moderator has actually spoken to me. It's still not much of an update, has anyone been assigned to work on the fix? Is it in the planning stage? Is it in development? Has it been sent to Google Play for approval before being tested? Is it being tested?

Melissa, the fault is with the app we are downloading, so it won't be possible to fix it for an individual, only for the whole. The Play store doesn't permit a solo file to be uploaded for one person only like that, unless you have been given access to the test version, but that's highly doubtful.

Best Answer

Tengo el mismo problema. No puedo vincular Huawei P20 Pro con Fitbit Versa 2. 

Mi opinión más sincera es que a Fitbit, por un motivo que desconocemos, no le interesa compatibilizar con Huawei y Xiaomi. 

No es normal que no hayan solucionado el error, ni siquiera explican el porqué. Simplemente no interesa y dicen, desde hace años, que están trabajando en ello. 

Estoy descontento con la marca. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree completely...

(con el traductor de google) estoy completamente de acuerdo

Best Answer
0 Votes

To all Fitbit technical support team... 

PLS dot your part right, come back with real solution on the complaint that we lodged since Nov 2019.

PLS do not continue silent and just responded that rectification is being done with technical team... 

WE NEED TO KNOW WHEN CAN IT BE DONE???

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

They will probably use the virus as an excuse, so prepare for a "possible" fix for 2022... If we are lucky.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with Honor 20 (huawei) and fitbit charge. Was planning to upgrade to versa 2 but if fitbit won’t work with Honor 20 I'd rather change my fitbit to other Brand that works 

Best Answer

Screenshot_20200827_212350_com.android.chrome.jpg

 Follow these steps, mine works fine now. Before you follow them, go to your fitbit under apps and clear data then resign in and follow the above. I was having to clear data every day just to get notifications for a few hours till I followed the steps above, should be fixed by Fitbit really or an official fix emailed to every versa 2 account as everyone I know with android has had these issues. 

Best Answer
Yeah. It works. Thanks. Thanks so much. I modified se batery adjusts
Best Answer