Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the S8+ yesterday, but my Blaze no longer receives notifications from my device. I've reset the Blaze, removed it from my account, gone through setup, restarted the phone and Blaze, uninstalled the app, and every other troubleshooting recommendation on the forums. All permissions are granted. No luck. Everything else syncs. Is this just a compatibility issue? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
680 REPLIES 680

The app had an update today.  Anyone test it out yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me either
Best Answer
0 Votes
Still not getting notifications
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been through several threads and I have tried to troubleshoot my problem for 2 weeks now. I am at my giving up point. Two weeks ago I stopped receiving notifications on my Blaze. I purchased a galaxy s8 plus the day it came out and did not have any problems up until now. I don't know how to get it to work now. I have even went as far as factory resetting my phone. 

I have unpaired my Blaze from the fitbit app. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app

I have set my Blaze up as a replacement device. 

I have started a new account and tried to set up brand new. 

I have cleared bluetooth data and reset numerous times. 

Every time I use the send test notification I get a Bluetooth error that tells me to close if it's my first time seeing this or click reset bluetooth. 

My blaze won't automatically sync. I have to go through the app and hit the sync button. I have stay connected option turned on. 

What am I missing? From what I've read the galaxy s8 plus is a compatible device now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still didn't work trying it that way.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know why it's still an issue as it all now works with my Charge HR 2

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup, still not working.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting pretty tired  of the fitbit tech or not so tech team..when you want to get our hoped up by saying wooo yayyy we have fixed the issues..You clearly haven't!!

I have never experienced such a poor device where you are asked to reset it..turn bluetooth off..turn notifications off and off blah blah.

These things are not cheap to buy but by god it's going back..not wasting my time on such nonsense!!!

Best Answer

Because it doesn't work with the Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

all of a sudden mine started working today out of the blue, i made no changes. I have read that this has been the experience of others as well

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly, there isn't a fix yet. My fitbit has been dead for over a week now. I haven't even bothered charging it. Too bad my $200 fitbit is just collecting dust somewhere in a drawer, or behind my dresser, I'm not sure where it is at this point. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yesterday my notifications started back up. I'm waiting to see how the battery does and if it stays working. I'm hopeful.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yesterday my notifications started back up. I'm waiting to see how the battery does and if it stays working. I'm hopeful.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Blaze last week.  In 2 days it started working.  It had an issue where it stopped and it was because I hadn't synced it and my apps that I had checked to notify me on the Blaze were unchecked for some reason.  Other than that its been working every since. Battery life with notifications if they are through out the day or you get phone calls can wear it down pretty quick, but charging it every night isn't an issue since I charge my phone too.  I have the s8+.  It works fine.   No problems.  I haven't done anything special.  I haven't uninstalled or reinstalled.  I woke up one morning and it was working and I had notifications from all my apps.  Just went off a couple of seconds ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My blaze started receiving notifications just the other day. Haven't done
anything different just popped up on screen was super excited. However my
battery dies in like 1 day any suggestions?
Best Answer
0 Votes
My blaze started receiving notifications just the other day. Haven't done
anything different just popped up on screen was super excited. However my
battery dies in like 1 day any suggestions?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am talking about a surge not blaze.really annoys me when they say yayy it's compatible when its clearly not

Best Answer
0 Votes

Biggest waste of money i have spent 

Best Answer

Mine started one day automatically  also after trying to connect for a week...still working, rcving notifications, this has been apprx 2 weeks now 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You didn't do anything different? I've had my Blaze's notifications turned off for the past several days to try and save battery since I'm not receiving notifications anyways. I tried again to see if notifications work....nope. Wish mine would spontaneously start working, too!

Best Answer
0 Votes