Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the S8+ yesterday, but my Blaze no longer receives notifications from my device. I've reset the Blaze, removed it from my account, gone through setup, restarted the phone and Blaze, uninstalled the app, and every other troubleshooting recommendation on the forums. All permissions are granted. No luck. Everything else syncs. Is this just a compatibility issue? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
680 REPLIES 680

Me too, I returned it to Fitbit, lost my business. But you know what we are small potatoes 🙂

Best Answer
Hi Stacy,

I'm so glad it finally worked! They probably had enough people complaing.
I called Fitbit and Samsung on a daily basis to complain, lol and mine
started working soon after.

Take Care!

Rozzie
Best Answer

I have a blaze and an S8+. No issues syncing but the notifications will not come through. Tried everything in the forum/troubleshooting on the device, phone, and app! 

@drrayner wrote:

I didn't realise this was a major issue - originally thought it was me not following the instructions properly.

Bought a Blaze in February and it sync'd with my Samsung S6E no problems .. even got notifications to work.

Upgraded to Samsung S8 with the following

- unable to pair properly/fully

- no notifications

- GPS not working

Andriod version 7.0

Blaze version 17.8.401.3

Bluetooth version 5.0 (?)

I have tried several times now:

- used the web app to remove the Blaze device

- deleted the app from the phone .. rebooted

- re-installed app

- re-installed notifications

and still won't work.

I have 'paired' the phone (added security number) during the re-installs but the Blaze device will not appear within the list of 'paired devices'  remains on 'available devices' list. When I try and pair by selecting from the available device list, it says 'pair rejected by Blaze'

Notifications are appearing on the phone - I can get the text placeholder but no messages are being passed to the Blaze device. It says All caught up No notifications'. When I swipe downwards from the main screen, it says notifications ON

Connected GPS not working. I get a 'phone not working' error message

Blaze is Fitbit's flagship tracker and I feel they must get this fixed ... especially if they are about to launch a smartwatch based on the Blaze device

Fitbit Support/Developers: There is a long litany of unhappy & frustrated customers asking for an update to resolve this issue

Please let us know what is going on otherwise people will get turned off !

David

Best Answer

Randomly - mine just started working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would suggest calling Fitbit again. They have a new update. Explain
your situation and ask them to walk you through the process.

Hope this helps!
Best Answer

Thanks Rozzie!

Best Answer
0 Votes
You're welcome Cruskater!
Best Answer
0 Votes

is your phone the galaxy s8

Best Answer
0 Votes

The "Solved" needs to be removed. What a load of BS. 

I get no notifications at all so I turned off the Always Connected. All Day Sync on only and I'm barely getting 36 hours on a charge now, when before with both settings on I could go 4-5 days. Obviously there is a BT issue. 

Best Answer

I'm using the S8+

Best Answer
0 Votes

How come the blazes battery life is a max of two days? With S8+, is that problem going to get fixed?  (reply to me, if you can answer my question)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cruskater, go to settings on your blaze. Go to bluetooth classic, put it on "pair", then go to your phones bluetooth and search, it will give a code to pair them.  Once paired.  Leave it be,  and if its like me, by the next morning, it will pair and show "Blaze" listed on the phones bluetooth list. All on its own. You might even notice notifications will start to work on its own. ~This is how i got mine to work anyway. (I have an S8+ and a Blaze)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TheAcornWarrior wrote:

How come the blazes battery life is a max of two days? With S8+, is that problem going to get fixed?  (reply to me, if you can answer my question)

We have a separate thread on the Base S8 issue and we are bombarding Fitbit CS about the issue now. Hopefully it gets fixed. My S7 I could go the full 4-5 days. Like you in my S8 it's barely two days 

Best Answer
Thanks! I tried the classic pair, however, I continued trying settings as
the notifications did not come through. I just paired them and will let it
be until the am. Worth a try!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought my S8+ after verifying it was on  supported devices list. Liars. I will  uy a different brand and only provide negative feedback to all my friends. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue has clearly not been solved! Gps connectivity not working with S8... disappointing... thinking of going back to Garmin or Samsung Gear... I guess I was expecting too much from fitbit

Best Answer

Any news on Galaxy S8 compatibility with Charge HR2 for notifications? I just got mine and notifications don't work I've checked everything and they still don't work.

Thanks, Ollie46

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, my phone is the Galaxy S8.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I found a solution:I found a solution...I found a solution...

Best Answer

Rozzie....Do your notifications work?

Best Answer