Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the S8+ yesterday, but my Blaze no longer receives notifications from my device. I've reset the Blaze, removed it from my account, gone through setup, restarted the phone and Blaze, uninstalled the app, and every other troubleshooting recommendation on the forums. All permissions are granted. No luck. Everything else syncs. Is this just a compatibility issue? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
680 REPLIES 680

Basicslly they are crap

@Tremmel wrote:

You didn't do anything different? I've had my Blaze's notifications turned off for the past several days to try and save battery since I'm not receiving notifications anyways. I tried again to see if notifications work....nope. Wish mine would spontaneously start working, too!

Best Answer

Admins, please unflag this post as solved. Clearly, the issue has not been solved! Incredibly frustrating! 

Best Answer

All you get is have you tried this an that.they don't ressolve anything.joke tbh

Best Answer

What kind of engineers are they if they STILL haven't been able to fix the problem. How hard can it be? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cowboys stealing a living

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sorry but it has not been solved. I can sync the data but the Blaze still cannot sync with GPS on the phone it keeps saying check Fitbit App. In addition when you do have it sync all day it causes irregular battery draining to occur. When you turn of auto sync and all that it is fine so clearly the App/Galaxy S8/S8+ and watch aren't really communicating well. I hope it is getting addressed soon via software and firmware updates to both watch and app. The phone has been out for 4 months now and with Bluetooth 5.0 coming out to more phones now it will be a problem going forward for the Blaze. 

Best Answer

Yea an it's fixed according to them after the recent software update

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not having any issues with my s8+and blaze. Both sync and work properly. I'm getting the notifications I choose. If it stops sending I go in and make sure my apps are checked (sometimes they aren't, why I don't know) and sync and all is well. So it is compatible just not sure why some work and some don't. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Low and behold notifications seem to be working..i was messing about an switched my notifications to whatsapp an it worked..sent through loads of test notifications and they come through.switched back over to messages and its working 

Best Answer
I am so jealous but Congratulations!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try switching to whatsapp and keep sending through test notifications 

@Tremmel wrote:
I am so jealous but Congratulations!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, @Martin_d339. Yes, I've been trying it for the past hour. I'll keep you posted but nothing so far. #fingerscrossed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let's be honest here. They have our money, so what motivation would they have to fix it? 

Best Answer

Same with mine changed from s5 transferred data via cable . Bluetooth connection to phone unpaired itself and now won't let you pair it. Says Blaze rejects pairing. Real pain .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got A S8 plus and my blaze connects but won't alert me of anything from my phone. IE text, calls ECT. It is reading the app on my phone. Any sug?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can someone please tell me why my blaze doesnt receive notification from my samsung s8+ i just bought the blaze yesterday and its driving me nuts to why its not working 

Best Answer

@Steph11we're all having this problem. I bought my blaze 2 weeks ago and
still haven't received notifications. All that customer support says is
their engineers are working to fix the problem. Welcome to the club!!

Best Answer

I had my fitbit from January everything worked great with my S5 now changed to S8+ and have problems. The engineers need to really get working on this. Thinking of changing to a Garmin. 

Best Answer
I'm seriously looking into switching to a Polar. The only thing holding me
back is that Polars are more expensive.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, is there a date when the notifications etc will work witth an S8. Pairing declined by Blaze. This thread should not list a solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes