Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the S8+ yesterday, but my Blaze no longer receives notifications from my device. I've reset the Blaze, removed it from my account, gone through setup, restarted the phone and Blaze, uninstalled the app, and every other troubleshooting recommendation on the forums. All permissions are granted. No luck. Everything else syncs. Is this just a compatibility issue? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
680 REPLIES 680

I talked to tech and to this date there is no resolution. We have to watch  for updates.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Super frustrated that i have 2 non apple priducts yet they dont communicate with each other. Fitbit should be advertised as an Apple compatible product only. Ive gone through every tip and still can't receive notifications or synce regularly. Can i have my money back 

Best Answer

I received this from Fitbit and now mine is finally working. 

Often times, users experience issues with receiving notifications on their tracker because their notifications settings have not yet been adjusted accordingly. Since we can't verify how your phone settings are set, to ensure there is no issue in receiving notifications on your Blaze, please verify your settings are set according to the troubleshooting provided below.

NOTE: Make sure your Blaze as well as your mobile device are both fully charged and your mobile device is not paired to other Bluetooth Devices before performing the following troubleshooting steps.

We'd also like to mention we've released an update for the Blaze not to long ago which allows users to turn their Notifications On and Off on the tracker itself. Please make sure the Notifications is set to On. 
•  On your Blaze > Press and hold down the top button located on the right side of the display screen for a few seconds > set your Notifications to On

On your mobile device: 

1.  Go to your phone's settings
2.  Click on Apps > Fitbit
3.  Click on Permissions and make sure everything is set to ON (Contacts, Phone, SMS, Storage, Location)
4.  Go back a page and click on Notifications and make sure Allow notifications is set to ON and On lock screen is set to Show content
5.  Restart your phone 
6.  Make sure your Locations and Bluetooth Settings are turned ON and Do Not Disturb is OFF on your mobile device
7.  Open the Fitbit app
8.  Click on Account > Blaze > Notifications > Make sure "Enable Notification Widget" and "Require Encryption" are both turned OFF
9.  Sync your Blaze
10.  Test notifications

In addition, we recommend using and setting your default text messaging app to "Messages" if you haven't already done so. There are some third-party text messaging apps that are not compatible or has discrepancies with the text notification feature such as GO SMS Pro, Facebook Messenger and Message Plus which can be the cause of the issue you are experiencing.

Please follow the instructions listed below to set Messages as your default text messaging app on both your phone and Fitbit app:

On your mobile device: 

1.  Go to your phone settings
2.  Go to Applications > Default applications
3.  Set Messages as default

On your Fitbit app 
•  Go to Account > Blaze > Notifications
•  Click on Text Messages > Set Messages as default

On the Messages app: 
1.  Go to Settings
2.  Click on Notifications
3.  Click on its once more which will direct you to another menu
4.  Make sure "Display on pop-ups" and "Preview Messages" are both turned on

If the problem still occurs, we suggest using another third-party text messaging app which are noted to work such as Textra and Google Messenger. Please be sure to set these applications or any text messaging app you choose as default in both your mobile and Fitbit app.

Hopefully this gets you back on track towards your fitness goals. Rest assured, if the issues persists, or should you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Have a good day!

Best Answer

So I've been contacting Fitbit support a lot lately to receive updates. They NEVER have a date that they expect this issue to be resolved by. Also, their only answer is "our engineers are working on it." What kind of **ahem** engineers do they employ? They've had this problem since at least April, that I know of.

Also, I read yesterday that Fitbit is coming out with a new Blaze around Christmas. This one is supposed to have a red light that is better able to read our heart rate. I feel like I wasted my money. I'm allowing them the 45 days before I end up returning this crappy thing. If they don't fix it soon, I'm going to go with Polar's trackers. Haven't heard any complaints from their side!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rozzie2 wrote:

I received this from Fitbit and now mine is finally working. 

Often times, users experience issues with receiving notifications on their tracker because their notifications settings have not yet been adjusted accordingly. Since we can't verify how your phone settings are set, to ensure there is no issue in receiving notifications on your Blaze, please verify your settings are set according to the troubleshooting provided below.

NOTE: Make sure your Blaze as well as your mobile device are both fully charged and your mobile device is not paired to other Bluetooth Devices before performing the following troubleshooting steps.

We'd also like to mention we've released an update for the Blaze not to long ago which allows users to turn their Notifications On and Off on the tracker itself. Please make sure the Notifications is set to On. 
•  On your Blaze > Press and hold down the top button located on the right side of the display screen for a few seconds > set your Notifications to On

On your mobile device: 

1.  Go to your phone's settings
2.  Click on Apps > Fitbit
3.  Click on Permissions and make sure everything is set to ON (Contacts, Phone, SMS, Storage, Location)
4.  Go back a page and click on Notifications and make sure Allow notifications is set to ON and On lock screen is set to Show content
5.  Restart your phone 
6.  Make sure your Locations and Bluetooth Settings are turned ON and Do Not Disturb is OFF on your mobile device
7.  Open the Fitbit app
8.  Click on Account > Blaze > Notifications > Make sure "Enable Notification Widget" and "Require Encryption" are both turned OFF
9.  Sync your Blaze
10.  Test notifications

In addition, we recommend using and setting your default text messaging app to "Messages" if you haven't already done so. There are some third-party text messaging apps that are not compatible or has discrepancies with the text notification feature such as GO SMS Pro, Facebook Messenger and Message Plus which can be the cause of the issue you are experiencing.

Please follow the instructions listed below to set Messages as your default text messaging app on both your phone and Fitbit app:

On your mobile device: 

1.  Go to your phone settings
2.  Go to Applications > Default applications
3.  Set Messages as default

On your Fitbit app 
•  Go to Account > Blaze > Notifications
•  Click on Text Messages > Set Messages as default

On the Messages app: 
1.  Go to Settings
2.  Click on Notifications
3.  Click on its once more which will direct you to another menu
4.  Make sure "Display on pop-ups" and "Preview Messages" are both turned on

If the problem still occurs, we suggest using another third-party text messaging app which are noted to work such as Textra and Google Messenger. Please be sure to set these applications or any text messaging app you choose as default in both your mobile and Fitbit app.

Hopefully this gets you back on track towards your fitness goals. Rest assured, if the issues persists, or should you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Have a good day!

I'm glad that worked for you. Doesn't work for me.

Best Answer
Thank you for taking the time to respond. It worked great with iPhone but not at all with my s8. Very dissatisfied 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
Starting yesterday afternoon my alerts and calls are showing up. It is
weird that it paired on its own....
Best Answer
Starting yesterday afternoon my alerts and calls are showing up. It is
weird that it paired on its own....
Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked fine with my S8.  The directions are a little confusing, but I carefully made sure I followed them step by step and it worked...maybe try it again?  I hope it works for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn't work for me either.  I even unpaired all my devices so now i will have to pair them all again and for nothing.  I keep getting the Bluetooth connectivity error where it says turn Bluetooth on and off to reset it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here - tried all the steps - still no joy 😞 Can see blaze in the bluetooth devices available but when you click on it, says blaze rejects pairing!? Only way I can pair is with BT Classic but that only does music control. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RichInLa wrote:

Same here - tried all the steps - still no joy 😞 Can see blaze in the bluetooth devices available but when you click on it, says blaze rejects pairing!? Only way I can pair is with BT Classic but that only does music control. 

Same here, @RichInLa . I'm so jealous of everyone who gets their spontaneously working. Woof. 

Best Answer

Call Fitbit and have them pair it/walk you through the pairing mode.  It worked after they paired it, and it no longer said Fitbit Classic; just Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Still unable to get notifications. Please help!!!!
Best Answer

@Rozzie2 wrote:

Call Fitbit and have them pair it/walk you through the pairing mode.  It worked after they paired it, and it no longer said Fitbit Classic; just Fitbit. 

Lol. Thank you for the suggestion but you have no idea how many times I've contacted Fitbit. #facepalm

Best Answer

tried those intructions and still doesn't work. The fit bit app tries to pair but won't. Mine was working and now hasn't for a week. 

Moderator edit: format and word choice

Best Answer
So after weeks of my Blaze not pairing with my S8+ today it paired by
itself and I'm now getting notifications. And yes, I'm referring to Blaze
in my BT devices and not Blaze (Classic) as that one has always worked. I
didn't do a thing as I gave up on troubleshooting. I previously tried
everything and received a new "pebble" and even the new one didn't work.
Holy hell, I hope they finally fixed the issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So after weeks of my s8 not pairing I had a online chat with fitbit. After she walked me through the same steps I did several times. It still did not work.  I then told her that alot of s8 users are having the same issues and she told me that they have been aware of it.  I guess some people can get them to pair but most cannot.  I ask her is there a eta and she said no.  But they are working on it.  More like they don't care and are dragging there feet. It's been like this for several months.  I'm tired of them not carring.  I should have got a galaxy watch instead.  I'm done with fitbit.

Best Answer
Yes I gave up as well sold mine and am getting something else.
Best Answer