Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the S8+ yesterday, but my Blaze no longer receives notifications from my device. I've reset the Blaze, removed it from my account, gone through setup, restarted the phone and Blaze, uninstalled the app, and every other troubleshooting recommendation on the forums. All permissions are granted. No luck. Everything else syncs. Is this just a compatibility issue? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
680 REPLIES 680

My notifications work with my S8+ although not consistently.  Then again they never have even with my old phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When is Samsung s8 pairing with fitbit?

I'm a little irritated 

Thank you Jacqueline Slusser

Best Answer

Why isn't Samsung s8 compatible?

Best Answer

Your Android team sxxks to the max. After so many months, your team still could not find a firmware patch to resolve this notification issues. This makes me wonder the competency of your team and the reliability of the the future products from Fitbit!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit wrote:

Hey everyone -- I just merged some duplicate threads asking about compatibility with the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ into this thread.

At this time, the Samsung Galaxy S8 is currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that our Android team has not yet fully tested it for compatibility and added it to the list. I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. 

Our Android team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates! I will also make sure to update everyone in this thread when the Samsung Galaxy S8 is added to the supported devices list.

Your Android team sxxks to the max. After so many months, your team still could not find a firmware patch to resolve this notification issues. This makes me wonder the competency of your team and the reliability of the the future products from Fitbit!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems strange that Fitbit has not setup compatability by now for the 8.  Why is it taking so long?  I wonder if Apple paid off Fitbit to avoid compatibility with such  amazing competitor phone? Of course no one at Fitbot would be able to confirm.

Just want to use it on my phone!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can we get an eta on when this will happen. Some of us use out for bit for more than just exercise. 

Best Answer

When are you going to have a big fix or firm update to receive text and phone notification on the S8 using the charge 2?

Best Answer

Hey Guys I am not sure you have tried the following steps but it is worth trying I suppose. The blaze seems to have two separate bluetooth channels, one for synching fitbit data (steps, bpm etc) and the other for notifications and third party controls (such as music apps etc). Make sure  that the option "Bluetooth Classic" is set to "on" under your Blaze settings and, after, make sure that:

- Your S8 is paired with the "Bluetooth Classic" interface (After doing this you should see Blaze(Classic) under paired devices)

- Notifications have been enabled under "Account/Devices" (tap on your Blaze, then on Notifications) on your fitbit App (After doing this, if you slide down from the top of your screen, you should see under "Fitbit Notification"  the message "Notification are running")

Additionally if you have either a Samsung or a Google security feature enabled, you will have to make sure that the "Bluetooth Classic" interface is trusted by the security App.

Before starting the above make sure you a)remove any pairing between your Blaze and the s8 b) remove your blaze from the Fitbit app and add it again (start fresh). 

Also be patience and I have noticed that Notification will start working only after a while and not immediately

Best Answer

I just wanted to join the thread so I can be updated when S8+  is added to the fitbit for notifications. Just got a fitbit charger 2 and the samsung S8+ for my bday and pretty disappointed about the no notifications. Hoping for the best!

Best Answer

I just purchased a new charge 2 and then less than a week later I purchased a new phone.  It synced yesterday, but not today.  Is the Galaxy 8 plus supported yet?  If not, when is it expected to be.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have a blaze I have a charge 2 so this would mean nothing to me of others. We are more interested in what we own at the present time 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I been through the threads and it seems that Galaxy S8 is not a compatible device with the Blaze. Previously I had a Note 3 and just switched over to my S8, everything actually was working (step counts and notifications both email and text messages) up until yesterday afternoon when syncing stopped.  I reinstalled the Fitbit app on my S8  and does not sync but it does recognize the Blaze but will not take it to the next step.  At the moment I have to sync my MacBook to my Blaze (sucks) but my real question is when is Fitbit going to have this as a compatible device? So frustrating!!!  Anybody else having this problem and if so how did you get it to work? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not a solved problem, it is an answered query.  Yet again, fitbit are not up to date with latest technology.  Feeling let down by fitbit, not for the first time!

Best Answer

Flex2 won't connect to the Bluetooth on my galaxy s8+ but it is syncing

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Fitbit. There are clearly dissatisfied users here and that's only going to grow as more people move to the S8. We've not heard a peep from you about this. PLEASE can we have an ETA for a fix. Thank you. 

Best Answer

Hi,

Any update on this?  Do you know if compatibility with the S8 is being actively worked on or is it just on a list of devices to get round to one day?  I'm trying to figure out if I should keep the Blaze or not as until it can actually sync with my phone (good job I have an ipad or I wouldn't be able to sync with anything) it is just an expensive watch....

Thanks

Emma

Best Answer

@EmPemm wrote:

Hi,

Any update on this?  Do you know if compatibility with the S8 is being actively worked on or is it just on a list of devices to get round to one day?  I'm trying to figure out if I should keep the Blaze or not as until it can actually sync with my phone (good job I have an ipad or I wouldn't be able to sync with anything) it is just an expensive watch....

Thanks

Emma

Fitbit haven't added a single new device to the compatibility list this year. Think that answers your question.

Fitbit Ultra | Fitbit One | Fitbit Blaze (SOLD)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Samsung Galaxy S8 plus and a blaze and notifications, caller I'd is not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No way! My notifications just started working on my Surge. Hope it continues. Good luck guys. 

Best Answer
0 Votes