Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Issues on Android 3.37

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 2/1/2021: This issue was resolved with the release of android app version 3.37.1. We appreciate your reports and patience as we worked on a resolution.

Update 1/29/2021: We've released Android app version 3.37.1 to address syncing issues. Please update your device if you are experiencing issues syncing. Thanks again for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue. 

Update 1/28/2021: We are still working on this issue and hope to have a fix real soon. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Our team is aware of a syncing issue on Andriod 3.37 and is currently working on a fix. Thank you very much for your reports and patience. Please stay tuned to this thread for updates. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,531 REPLIES 1,531

@LindyStarHiwhat I did was go to My Apps in the Google Play Store.  I looked at my update list & Fitbit did not show it had a new update.  Then on the search bar I typed in Fitbit & opened that.  The update appeared there.  Make sure you're getting Fitbit 3.37.1 to know you have the newest updates.

Best Answer

Unilstall old app, get fitbit app from google play store, reinstall it. Then if it asks you to update the app, update it.

My Charge4 seems to finally be working. But Im never buying another fitbit again. Im going back to Garmin if this happens again,.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i downloaded new fitbit app all ok now fingers crossed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope Fitbit will be taking fees charged for subscriptions and make retroactive adjustments. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the update, but my device still is not syncing.  I'll trying uninstalling, turning off, reinstalling, etc., etc. later today, but I really do have work I need to do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've downloaded 3.37.1 and the issue appears to be resolved.  However, the Garmin Vivoactive I ordered arrived this afternoon and I am making the transition to this device.  The unprofessionalism displayed by Fitbit in releasing (yet again) a faulty update and the atrociously poor communications from it's customer service dept have pushed me beyond that which I will tolerate.  Goodbye Fitbit.

Best Answer
All I had to do was update from Play store. Every thing works. Yeh.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm noticing that it is mostly happening to Charge 4 but I have a Charge 3. I use both Fitbit and Fiton and I cannot go back in Fiton to see my calories that I have burned to log any. This is making me want to go with another fitness tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine too! yah!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ha, thanks for the giggle. I think international travel for a Fitbit update
should totally be classified as essential. FYI, even here in the states the
update is rolling. I got it (and it works) but my sons don't have the
option yet. My 1 star review on the Playstore might be why it rolled out to
me before them.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is a rolling release. I got it, but my sons still don't have the option. Hopefully you will see the update (dated 1/28) soon. It showed up for me this morning, but was not there when I first woke up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There rep on Twitter that runs the Fitbit support app needs to be fired. He/she is clueless. 

Best Answer

Google Play store updated to 3.37.1; downloaded, sync is working! 

Check in your area, to see if it's available for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Garmin is a great product.  I'd be interested to hear how the Vivoactive performs.   I've had a forerunner 220 for 8 years, no problems 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally working. I'm in Utah, if that helps anyone to know where it's rolled out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue is not the app. The firmware update froze my versa 2. My versa is now dead because of this.

Here’s to making memories!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
Does anyone know if the update is working with a Samsung Galaxy J7? I
returned my Fitbit to the store yesterday, as the return timeframe was
almost up. How do you select the new update from the Google Playstore? Do
you get the new one automatically? I don't see a number on the Fitbit
app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

A few years ago when Fitbit had syncing issues and folks were considering migrating to Garmin - Garmin had their issues later as well. I looked at the Vivosmart but not a replaceable band. If you break it, you have to buy a new device, not replacement bands. I know the Fitbit issues are disappointing. Best wishes on your new journey with Garmin. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for post. Yes I updated app in Google play just now and we appear to
be back in order syncing everything.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yea! Updated! 

Best Answer
0 Votes