Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria won’t connect to Xfinity Modem

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A while back I got a new modem and my Aria will not connect to it. I read through the troubleshooting on here, and made the necessary changes. My password is alphanumeric with no special characters and is set up as 802.11 b,g,n and STILL won’t connect. I haven’t had this scale for even a year and it’s a major hassle. Any other ideas on getting this to work? I’ve already had to get a replacement Charge 2 after 13 months and I’m really not wanting to spend money on the new Aria. It’s really awful that this is being sold knowing how difficult it is to connect to WiFi. 

Best Answer
120 REPLIES 120
Don’t count on it. I posted the original email you responded to last year and there has been no progress.

My Fitbit Aria became a FitBrick and due to lack of response from Fitbit I have changed Fitness tracker to Apple Watch. If Apple had a scale I’m positive they would support it.

Unfortunately Fitbit seems content to tell everyone that responds to this email string to be patient and it is being looked into. At this point I doubt there is a solution or it would have been shared by now.

Signed: a former Fitbit Fan
Best Answer
0 Votes
I posted the same problem here several months ago. I tried adding a
second router that still talks 802.11b for the Aria to connect to.
However, that seems too cumbersome & unreliable.

In the end, I gave up and switched to an Eatsmart bodyfat scale that
measures several things in addition to weight & fat %. It is not
wireless, but that is now fine with me. It's also half the price of the
Aria 2.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@linfeld @SunsetRunner @pwood Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

After 9 months of no resolution and reading customers are experiencing the same issue with the Aria 2, I gave up on Fitbit and bought a Redover scale for $33 from Amazon - works great! It connects via Bluetooth to my iPhone every time. It also doesn't need to be recalibrated when I move it. The readings match Fitbit, so I feel it's as accurate and it measures 13 body metrics! And it's app syncs to Fitbit, so I didn't lose any of my 3-year history.

Gave Fitbit a lot of my money, time, patience and opportunities to keep my business but they have failed to compete in the market.

Best Answer

I originally purchased my Aria scale in 2017 and was pleased. However, beginning April 2018 my connectivity issues started with xFinity which resulted in my May post. Almost a year later and no resolution! I opted to go with the RENPHO Body composition scale which synchs seamlessly with the Fitbit app plus measures 11 factors and allows you more insight on your body AND cost less than $30. Aria2 is costing almost $100 more. I say make the switch. Fitbit didn't care enough about their consumers to fix the issue.

Best Answer

@LMH425 @Rayvanlear Thank you for sharing your feedback and comments.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Renpho and I can't connect it to my phone with bluetooth.    It also doesn't sync with Fitbit.   I have xfinity as my wifi and an iphone X.   Has anyone been able to connect with that combination?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MurrayJ I'm sorry about the issues you've experienced when trying to connect your Renpho with your Fitbit account. I would like to know if the issue persists or if you managed to get it connected with Fitbit.

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit has the worst products on the market. The Aria is way too expensive to not be able to work with current Comcast modems. What a waste of money since now my scale is not even able to function since I have changed internet providers. I have previously bought fitness trackers as well and they did not function for more than a year each requiring multiple replacements. 

Best Answer

Welcome to our Fitbit Community! By the way, I'm sorry for the late response and I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is not connecting to your Comcast router. I totally understand that this is frustrating and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for a time but now it won’t fix it. My aria will not sync now. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so upset!  We just moved in the last month to a place that only allows Xfinity.  We have the gateway xfi router and I have been trying for two weeks to connect my Aria scale to the wifi with no luck.  I googled every work around I could think of and nothing.  So I got on here to read the replies and to find out that Aria scales can't connect to this is disappointing.  I am not willing to buy the Aria 2 scale and honestly not sure that would connect either.  I am pretty disappointed in the fitbit products.  I have gone through 3 fitbits and now the scale won't work and customer service has been working on the issue forever. 

Fitbit's customers are losing confidence in their products.

Best Answer

Has there been any updates on this issue?

I just upgraded my Xfinity router and can't change to the new network (no 802.11b options).  Am I just SOL?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done everything possible and after two months I’m sorry to say that Xfinity gateway customers are SOL when it comes to the ARIA scale.  It seems a company like Fitbit would have an update or an option for the scales but they aren’t helping. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi threre,
I ended up connecting a Linksys E1200 Router I had to my Comcast router and the scale was able to connect to the wireless on that router. Knock on wood that has worked for me. My girlfriend also had the same issue but I was able to get hers working with her Comcast router by enabling A/B wireless. It sounds like they did away with that on your router. If you have an older router laying around you could try using that.

Hope that helps.

Gary
Best Answer

The Comcast representative gave me the same instructions, however when I log into my account I see a section in the section is EDIT WIFI

below that is my 2.4 name and password

below that is my 2.5 name and password

there is no option to select g/n or anything? 

@garyanti my router profile in Comcast does not sound like everyone else’s 

the actual router has a dual band of 2.4 and 5.0 with 802.ll.ac protocol. 

when I’ll into my account I then click WiFi and over on the right EDIT WIFI.

both 2.4 and the other are in that section, no drop down to select b/g/ or n?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate the help but this should be an update that fitbit should be working on and not a $130+ piece of equipment that is useless. I have Xfinity Gateway which there are no work arounds for that. Also, we don't just have spare routers laying around, and honestly I am not willing to go purchase a router in order to TRY to get my ARIA scale to work. I literally get on my scale and then manually have to add it to my fitbit app. Pretty ridiculous!! I am in search of a scale that will pair with my app.

None. I'm still having the same problem. In search of a scale that will pair with my app because I'm tired of manually logging my weight every morning and can't get any help from Fitbit 

JuanJoFitbit_0-1619093154712.png

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
I totally agree with everything you say but I doubt there’s a fix for this. Unfortunately Fitbit chose to use an outdated Wifi protocol for the scale and that protocol from the sounds of these threads is being deprecated by Xfinity. I doubt they can add updated protocols via a firmware update to the scale so the only option that I could think of is the one I used. It’s not an ideal solution but it works. Overall I’m not impressed with Fitbit. Their tracker devices only last a year if you’re lucky and the decision to use outdated wifi protocols on the scale shows a lack of forward thinking. I’m sure their answer is to buy a new scale. That’s assuming they’ve released a newer model that uses supported protocols.

Good luck.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree totally with everything you said. I have a drawer of Fitbit trackers 😞 and yes one of the csr’s suggested buying the ARIA 2 but from my research they are having the same issues.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have Comcast Xfinity and I use my Aria scale with WiFi daily.   Yes there are work arounds, as I've posted in great detail earlier in this thread.

No, there is no "fix" as this is not actually a device malfunction, it uses an old WiFi protocol but the issue is Comcast deciding to lock users out of the settings they think you don't need.  For this they charge you an extra $15 a month or something outrageous.  You can save a lot of $$$ and have all the flexibility you need using an aftermarket router.  Or call Comcast and ask how you can enable your device, as others have supposedly done.

I understand equipment issues are frustrating but there ARE solutions to this issue, and it's NOT POSSIBLE to do a firmware update to the Aria to resolve the issue. 

Not trying to be a FitBit fanboy, def had my share of issues, but hopefully this can be helpful to someone.

Sense, One, Flex, Charge 2, Blaze, Ionic, Aria
Best Answer