Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Something went wrong" during Aria Air setup

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There has been a consistent difficulty with setting up the Aria Air scale since Fitbit moved to Google. When attempting to pair the device, an error occurs. Scale issue.jpg 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
419 REPLIES 419

Hi everyone, and to our new members, welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the additional details, and the screenshots provided. As you know, this issue has been reported to our team and while I don't have a time frame for the fix, please know we're keeping them informed of the impact this has caused.

I appreciate your feedback and rest assured that once I have more information, I will communicate it to you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This should have been made aware to all Fitbit users. I’ve just spent £50 on scales that don’t work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

any fix in sight? This is getting ridiculous. I referred mine. Did the pairing on my wife’s app, no prob … sent an invite to mine from there and after following the email instruction, opening the links etc…. Nothing…

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just spent $50 for this scale. And it won’t connected to my phone.And this scale can only show the weight. It means I spent $50 for a useless “smart scale”. 🤌🏼

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is pretty ridiculous. Does Google or Fitbit have any plans to remediate this issue with a recall replacement of some sort if the software issue isn’t resolved? I used to love Fitbit products and recommend them to a lot of people but ever since they did this Google switch I’m deeply unhappy.

Best Answer

Why is this thread marked as replied? The issue still remains!

Best Answer

I’ve been watching this thread and having been following up with them for a month. 

The person I was talking to seemed very knowledgeable actually this morning- she also mentioned I was the fourth person she talked to today with the exact same issue but we’ll probably need to wait for an update. 

She didn’t say this- but it is my belief that it’s not a scale issue- but an issue with the app itself- so the people on the phone won’t be able to fix it like magic. I just decided to keep following up on my escalated issue once or twice a week to keep it active.  It’s a pain- but I recommend as many people call and do that as well.  From my experience in the customer service industry they often don’t prioritize resources and man power to fixing an issue until it’s an inconvenience to them- not out of malice- but lack of manpower to resolve all their problems- and Fitbit had ALOT of problems right now.  

it would be nice if someone could edit this thread to indicate that the issue has not been answered/resolved. This is the top result on Google for this issue so it might confuse people looking for solutions.  

Best Answer

The issue is still not solved

Best Answer
  • Just a month. It's been almost 2 months now and still is not fixed.   I get the feeling that since Google took over Fitbit the quality of service has gone to **ahem**.  But you stop an look at it this way .  The problem has been going on for over 2 months but in that time of they sold 500 scales at say $100 each that $50,000 free money.  It's like to government collecting tax money they get but nothing get done.  
  • Is there any legal action that could be taken. Maybe that might light the fire under Google/Fitbit **ahem** to get it fixed 
Best Answer

Wtf is happening? I’m about to throw all my Fitbit crap away. 

Best Answer

Hey LizzyFitbit,

Is there a way to make sure I’m notified if/when this is rectified?

This takeover has ruined all but one of my favourite things about using Fitbit - no challenges, Aria won’t sync weight and Customer Service has gone way downhill since I got my first one - the only remaining perk is the sleep monitoring. 
Unless something changes, I’ll be switching to another brand either when my Sense 2 breaks, or when I can save enough or get as gift, whichever comes first.

Best Answer

Hello @kimmac29 

It's possible to subscribe to the discussion by clicking the gear icon at the top of this page, in the menu that appears click "subscribe". It's located at the right side of the title. When subscribing, the option in the menu changes to "unsubscribe". 🤗

Subscribe.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Answered but no resolved 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lizzie or whoever….

any update on when this may be resolved? Will it even be resolved? Silence is deafening.

I only ask because the 90 day return window at Walmart is approaching. I waited this long in hopes Google will step up and either fix or clarify!

sure like to see it work before abandoning my 9 year Fitbit relationship. 

Best Answer

There was an updated Fitbit app for IOS yesterday, but it was not the fix.  SMH.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Other Update, No resolve

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called them again today (3rd time). Went through the menu options and selected aria scale, get someone one the phone, explain all our problems
with this scale and what the actual issue is, he then tells me he is not trained on the scale and to hold and he will transfer me to someone who is.
A couple of minutes later he comes back on just to tell me that no one is
available and that someone will contact me via email. I layed into him saying I and many other people have tried every means possible to get this
problem fixed and you guys keep giving everyone the runaround. Told him Fitbit has gone downhill since google took over, and that it’s ridiculous
it’s been well over 3 months and this problem has not been resolved. He didn’t care one bit and all he told me was that someone will get back to me
via email. Fitbit support is useless and they aren’t helping their customer.   I have tried every means possible from the phone to Twitter to get a resolution and no one at Fitbit seem to want to help.   This is ridiculous at this point and something needs to be done.  over 3 months now.  Come on

Best Answer

Hello,

Why are you still selling the devices if you know that there is a problem with them? I held Fitbit in high esteem before and always recommend your products. But seeing how you treat your customers, it breaks my heart.

I just bought a Fitbit Aria Air last week and wasted my time with customer support trying to debug the sync. It is my fault for buying the device without checking the existing problems. But this should not be a concern when we talk about a company that respects their users and their reputation.

Fix your strategy!
Regards,

a disappointed user

Best Answer

i have been send an email to Fitbit customer service 1-2 time a week for the last month an 1/2  and this is the reply each time >>>>

"Please keep in mind that your feedback is indeed very important to us. We apologize for the inconvenience. Our apology may not be enough at this time as our team in charge is working to fix the issue you're experiencing with the Aria Air. However, we'd really like to keep you in the Fitbit family and working towards your goals"

i get the feel that FITBIT hopes that if they we all just give up on this problem 

i do not know if other member get the feeling 

Best Answer
I too bought without researching for problems. Took Google for their word.

Now that I’m looking again…I find the Withings Body Scale t o. Be intriguing. WI-FI may be the way to go….much more convenient and has a Fitbit synch option as well.