Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery draining fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everybody! I don't usually uses blaze while I work. I put it on the table. After about four hours, the blaze turned to 60% batteries from 100%. Any power-down mode can I use in the blaze?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
905 REPLIES 905

I’m having the same issue. My Blaze is fully charged and then 6 hours or less it is dead, blinking red battery symbol. This is without using any particular program in it, just normally wearing it. It is a year and a half old. Can this be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your participation in the Community. As recommended previously in this thread, if you have already tried the recommendation in this post and the battery issue you are experiencing persists, feel free to contact our support team, I know they will be glad to help you out.

Also, feel free to check our warranty policy.

Catch you later. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charges my blaze Wednesday night, lasted till 5pm yesterday.

Charged my blaze Thursday night, all night, lasted until 12pm today (5 hours off charge).

What a poor product.  Only had 7 months.

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit HR and Fitbit Blaze.  Both are dead!. 

Battery problems are apparently very common on Fitbits.  Fitbit wont fix any of them.  Read all the posts about similar issues as yours.  Lots of complaints about failures and poor support from Fitbit.  I would recommend you consider all Fitbits to be throwaway products.  They either can't be fixed or the cost is too high

I have seen some posts where people have bought batteries off the internet then hired someone to install them.  The results don't seem that positive and the costs are high

Call Fitbit and tell them of your problem.  Perhaps you will be lucky and they will  agree to replace yours.    They  may also offer you a 25% discount off of a new device..    The starting price is full retail.

By the way, don't accept their 25% discount. I have seen brand new Blaze's advertised for less than a $100

Best Answer

I bought my Blaze on May 9th this year. Three months ago. And already I'm having trouble with battery life. I WILL NOT turn off the very functions for which the Blaze was purchased. That response to this issue is actually not a response at all. Nor is copying and pasting previous non-responses directing the user to online chat. I will be returning my Blaze to Costco and choosing a more reliable and less devious brand.

Best Answer

I WOULD SAY TO ALL BUY APPLE OR GARMIN!!! 3 FITBITS HERE AND THEY ALL DIED FITBIT  SUCKS!!!!!

Best Answer

I was offered the 25% discount when my Charge broke but what’s 25%?! It amounted to very little and I was then having to fork out another chunk of change when it shouldn’t have broken like it did in the first place! So frustrating.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I totally agree!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm cracking up. Fitbit has removed my original post because I referenced
the actions I plan to take. Fortunately, I remembered that I purchased a
warranty on the Blaze because I definitely am NOT going to spend any more
money with Fitbit.

--
"Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right."

Henry Ford
Best Answer
Mine too!

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve noticed the same issue where my Blaze used to last about 4 days but now I’m charging every 24-36 hours. I’ve turned off the notifications and hoped this would help but it didn’t. I love my Blaze but it’s just becoming an issue to get all of my steps counted

Best Answer

Same here. I received an email today from Alejandra Fitbit saying that she's removed "some" of my posts for "cross posting." Broken /malfunctioning devices remain. Her solution is to contact Fitbit support -- who then say that you're device is out of warranty, but we will give you 25% off blah blah blah. Never again!

Best Answer

Considering the amount of money we have to spend to buy these devices (mine cost $320) I would expect it to last longer than my old Fitbit Flex 2 (that cost $90 and is still going strong). I’m very disappointed. Why can’t fitbit fix the problem for us all rather than have so many unhappy users in the community. I just want my Blaze to last the 4 days it used to without needing a charge. 

Best Answer

Be careful that you are not too negative on your comments.  Your posts will be deleted by the moderator

The moderators call this "persuasive negativity" 

Your posts must either be positive or at least have some positive things to say about Fitbit.

I think you will be fine if your posts show an overall  "pervasive positivity"

Best Answer

I have been having the same problem.  My Blaze is about 8 months old and suddenly it won't last a full day, even though I charge it fully.  It looks like this is planned obsolescence.  I guess I'll look into replacing the battery as shown here:
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Fitbit+Blaze+Battery+Replacement/86653

Best Answer

Buy a fitbit for $200, it breaks prematurely, pay $150 (25% discount)  for a replacement.  You now have $350 invested in a $200 Fitbit.  

Sounds like a great deal for Fitbit!

Thank you Fitbit!!!!!

Best Answer

Although, I only paid 100$ for mine to begin with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze is doing the exact same thing. It worked great until about a week ago when the battery died for the first time. Since then it doesn’t hold a charge very long. I charged it about 14 hours last night, put it on when I woke up to work out this morning at 5:30am and have had it on since. It’s now 1:55pm (8 hours) and is at about 40%. 

Best Answer

Battery failure is a "standard feature" of the Fitbit Blaze.

You may be lucky enough to get a replacement.  If not, they may offer you a 25% discount off of the retail price of a replacement.    Go that way and you will have spent enough on the 2 devices to have purchased an Apple Watch, Garmin or other device that has a longer life span

Best Answer

So true!

Best Answer
0 Votes