Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not syncing Run exercises

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 7/6/17

Yesterday, there was a fix released that resolved this issue. Now that I have confirmation that this was resolved, I'm going to close this thread. If this pops up again in the future, please create a new post to report the issue. 

Thanks everyone for your patience! It is always appreciated. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 6/29/17

Thanks everyone for your patience while this was being investigated. Our team was able to identify the problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when the fix will be released. Once the fix is released I will update this thread again. 

Fitbit Update: 6/14/17

Some Blaze users have reported that their run exercises initiated on the tracker are not syncing over to the Fitbit app or web dashboard. 

Our team is aware of this issue and currently investigating the root cause. Thanks to all who have reported this. I will post any updates on this thread when there is more information available.  

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
389 REPLIES 389

Same problem I have guys (@MarkJR84; @dsred), started a few days ago. I restarted my Blaze etc. makes no difference.

I saw someone else also logged same problem about 2hours ago

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes mine is since last Monday, it has logged all my walks but runs just vanish 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks all for the information @ErikaH@MarkJR84 and @dsred.

I just want to let you know that this issue has been escalated to our team and they are working in finding a solution. Your patience will be appreciated while they work on this. In the meantime, keep in mind that you can edit your calories burned by doing the following from the Fitbit app:

1. Tap the Exercise tile

2. Tap the activity you want to edit

3. Tap the pencil icon

4. Edit your calories

5. Tap Log It

6. Sync

See you around. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Just received reply from @AlejandraFitbit

Says she has escalated the issue.

Hope we see resolution soon!

Best Answer

I've only had my blaze around four months . This was specifically purchased to log exercise. It's clearly not fit for purpose and I would like to return this item for a full refund . Please advise . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for escalating it. I wanted to let you know that my husband found someone (somewhere) saying that when they entered an exercise outside of Fitbit, then it "broke". I had added swimming through MFP and when I deleted the swim (directly in the app) and re-entered it in Fitbit, my run finally started showing up better. It isn't back to normal though - my 6.2km route shows as 0.62??

Best Answer
0 Votes

My HR monitor is working but I ran yesterday and HR info did not show up for the run even though I can see it in the daily heart rate. As my HR affects my medical aid scheme this is costing me money. Pls help asap.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last Tuesday my Blaze stopped syncing run data to the app and dashboard.  It syncs walks just fine. I select exercise, run, and start. Go for my run. Select pause and finish and all of my stats come up on the Blaze screen. But when it syncs with my phone it's as if I did not go for my run BUT it recognizes that it's a "day of exercise" on the weekly exercise thing. It's a pain in the rear to manually enter my run data when (1) it was working perfectly until a week ago and (2) it still records my walks that I initiate the same exact way.  I never take my phone with me and never utilize the auto recognize function because usually my walks are under 10 minutes. I've only had my Blaze for 32 days, so I'm kind of disappointed that this feature isn't working properly. I want to be able to track my runs without entering the data - isn't that the point? Anyone else have this issue? 

Best Answer

I've got the same issue, started a few days ago, done 2 runs and logged the time but nothing else, shows calorie screen and graph but 0 calories burned. It seems that this issue has been going on for some time and it's disappointing that fitbit don't seem to have engaged in the discussion. The purpose of the fitbit is to log and measure activity so please address this issue ASAP and please provide an update on progress! 

@lily_104 wrote:

My blaze is syncing all my data except my exercise. I went for a run last night and recorded it on my watch. Went into the app to look at the splits etc. And there was no exercise activity. The day before was missing also. Any idea why? 

Lily 

@lily_104 wrote:

My blaze is syncing all my data except my exercise. I went for a run last night and recorded it on my watch. Went into the app to look at the splits etc. And there was no exercise activity. The day before was missing also. Any idea why? 

Lily 

@lily_104 wrote:

Lily 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me.  Calculates my steps my not my exercise.  

Sleep recognition has been off too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently bought a Fitbit Blaze and when I finished my run it logged my steps - everything, but when I went into the workout logs it didn't log my run....I might not have pressed the "done" button, but it showed my results on the Blaze. Anyone else have this problem?

Best Answer

@jpear404 yup, a simple search brought me to this thread, and a comment from a moderator. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Blaze-not-syncing-exercise/m-p/2040478/highlight/true#M61420

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really peeing my off now !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes , the same reason I purchased a blaze . I'm pretty sure under the sale of goods act we can return these pieces of crap . It's been over a week now and no answers ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Silvia,

When I use the exercise app on the Blaze, the exercise doesn't sync to the phone or internet after. I did a hike and that worked, but my last 2 runs have not. It shows I have been active for the day in the weekly exercises widget but nothing appears on the phone or Internet dashboards. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seen that, what about heart rate, lap times etc,

FITBIT - update please!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seen this, what about heart rate, lap times, route log etc.. 

FITBIT, update please, when do you think the issue will be resolved.? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AlejandraFitbit,

Thank you for pointing out the work around to manually log calories burned on the exercises that don't contain any data.

I however need my heart rate data on the exercises. I have a point system with my medical aid which gives me points when I reach a certain level of average heart rate and duration during exercises. I have not reached my goals with my medical aid last week due to this issue on Fitbit and will probably not reach my goals this week, because my exercise results are empty and will thus not be accepted by my medical aid. 

Do you perhaps have any idea or information when this issue might be fixed? Will my historical data (exercises) also be fixed when Fitbit corrects the issue? I am actually losing money due to this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a response via email . It seems they have no idea about this issue . Told me to reset and blah blah blah . Like I've not already done that . Clearly not seen this post ! 

Best Answer

I've been using a Fitbit Blaze for the past months and everything worked very well, until I realised today that my running workouts won't show in the Mobile/Web app.
It counts the days I worked out, but it only shows the walking exercises.

Here is a screenshot of what I mean:
weekly exercises

As you can see it says: 3 days out of 5 days exercises this week, but only shows the walking exercise. 
The same works for the last week...
Any ideas of how to solve this issue?

Best Answer