Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Notifications for Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

More notifications are here!

You can now receive notifications from email and other apps on your Blaze! Common emojis are also supported. Please keep in mind that you will need to have the latest Fitbit app version as well as the latest Blaze firmware update (17.8.301.7).

Using Notifications:

When you receive a notification, your Fitbit Blaze vibrates. Depending on the type of notification and your mobile device's operating system, the following information may appear on your screen:

• Phone call—Caller's name, if in the contacts list on your mobile device, or phone number.
  • Text message—Sender's name (if in your phone's contacts) or phone number, and the contents of the text message.
  • Calendar event—Name, location, and time of the event.
  • Email—Sender’s name, subject, and contents of the message.
  • App notification—App name and contents of the message. App-specific icons may also be displayed.

Keep in mind your tracker can only display notifications from third-party apps if you already receive notifications from these apps on your paired iOS or Android mobile device. Make sure notifications are turned on for these apps in your mobile device's settings, and in your Blaze's device settings.

app_notifications.jpg

notifications.jpg

You can see all your notifications by swiping up from the home screen. You'll see previous calls, texts, calendar, email, and app notifications as well. You may delete these notifications either individually by swiping right, or all at once by scrolling down and tapping "Clear All" on the display.

For detailed information and setup instructions, check out our help page about notifications.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
144 REPLIES 144

Whats app addition, another great add here, thanks guys!  Love that my yahoo mail will give an update as well.

Best Answer

@AndrewFitbit Is there a complete list of apps that are covered under the new notifications? And I do not yet see Instagram on my Fitbit app. Is that because I have not received a notification yet from Instagram after doing the update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@AndrewFitbit Is there a complete list of apps that are covered under the new notifications? And I do not yet see Instagram on my Fitbit app. Is that because I have not received a notification yet from Instagram after doing the update?

Looks like almost any app you have, I clicked on the "app notification" and every single app I have is listed there, if this works as intended it is beautiful.

One question though, is there a silent period that can be set here so my American Airlines (or any other) reminder won't wake me up with a vibration at 2am?

Best Answer

Hi Andrew, has the update been released yet?

Best Answer

I have Instagram on my phone I use all the time. don't see it on the app

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe you will need to wait for the next time the app sends a notification.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's what I thought as well. Loving the new clock faces. I aminly bought this primarily for text notifications the day it was released but this makes $200 watch an even better deal than it already is. Almost bought a Pebble Time until I found it doesn't work that well with iPhones

Best Answer
0 Votes
I added a couple notifications and seems to be working!
Best Answer
0 Votes

So far I've gotten Facebook and Gmail. Both flawless.

Best Answer

I was able to update and change the clock face, but when going to add app notifications, no apps are available in the list to add. I'm guessing this is a glitch?

Best Answer
The apps will show up in the notification list once your phone received a notification.
Best Answer
0 Votes
You have to wait until a notification comes through. Get someone to whatsapp you or email you etc etc
Best Answer
0 Votes

For the App Notification, it's not recognizing Facebook or any of the e-mail (Yahoo/Gmail) apps. I verified the notications were set correctly on my iPhone and in the Fitbit app. So far it's only found the Fitbit and Instagram apps.

Best Answer
Facebook messenger and gmail have been working fine for me. Did you select them in the Fitbit app, I am guessing yes from your comment but thought I would double check.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your are able to sense the vibration alert so well that it wakes you up?? That's pretty good. Many of us, myself included, feel nothing or next to nothing. You must have a special edition LOL, or very sensitive nerves in your wrist. Something to research either way. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, with the new update on Blaze, will we able to get e-mail notifications from GMAIL, for example?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry that I did not read the other messages.

So then, it seems that yes, we can get GMAIL notifications.

Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes
Looking to buy the blaze, can anyone confirm viber notifications work please? Only messaging app I use.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't speak go any platform other then Android, of which i am able to setup and receive notifacations from any and every app on my phone? If i so choose. 

Best Answer