Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Notifications for Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

More notifications are here!

You can now receive notifications from email and other apps on your Blaze! Common emojis are also supported. Please keep in mind that you will need to have the latest Fitbit app version as well as the latest Blaze firmware update (17.8.301.7).

Using Notifications:

When you receive a notification, your Fitbit Blaze vibrates. Depending on the type of notification and your mobile device's operating system, the following information may appear on your screen:

• Phone call—Caller's name, if in the contacts list on your mobile device, or phone number.
  • Text message—Sender's name (if in your phone's contacts) or phone number, and the contents of the text message.
  • Calendar event—Name, location, and time of the event.
  • Email—Sender’s name, subject, and contents of the message.
  • App notification—App name and contents of the message. App-specific icons may also be displayed.

Keep in mind your tracker can only display notifications from third-party apps if you already receive notifications from these apps on your paired iOS or Android mobile device. Make sure notifications are turned on for these apps in your mobile device's settings, and in your Blaze's device settings.

app_notifications.jpg

notifications.jpg

You can see all your notifications by swiping up from the home screen. You'll see previous calls, texts, calendar, email, and app notifications as well. You may delete these notifications either individually by swiping right, or all at once by scrolling down and tapping "Clear All" on the display.

For detailed information and setup instructions, check out our help page about notifications.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
144 REPLIES 144

Cheers I didn't know that haven't read all the comments thanks for you update.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
I received an update last night yippee I said then I realised it was just for bug fixes, anyway I'll just have to keep waiting and waiting and waiting.

RKVM
Best Answer
0 Votes
@rkvm go look at. He blaze setting again, click on motifs at ons, you could choose every app that's on your phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Many thanks but I don't seem to have motifs on my dashboard, I don't seem to have received the main update as yet.
I think their still rolling it out at the moment I'm sure it will arrive soon.

RKVM
Best Answer
0 Votes

When will this be realeased and how do i get it for my iphone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
From what I've read it'll be released when fitbit have ironed out the issues experienced on the initial roll out.

No precise date has been given other than "soon".
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi All,

Any chance someone could post a picture of what the notification looks like on the Blaze?

I do see the example in the OP but I was wondering what it looks like if there is just one notification. Also, I use Facebook Messenger a lot and I'm wondering what it looks like if the response if more than just a single word. I'm wondering how much of the notification text will display.

Best Answer

This is a key feature that I've been wanting since forever! no more having to choose between getting texts, Facebook, or Hangouts messages. This update looks sick!

Best Answer
It displays quite a bit. I think my e-mail notification displays about 9 lines of text.
Best Answer

I had been using bitTicker but now the Fitbit app does it all

Best Answer

"You can now receive notifications from email and other apps on your Blaze! Common emojis are also supported. Please keep in mind that you will need to have the latest Fitbit app version as well as the latest Blaze firmware update (17.8.301.4)."

And you wonder why customers are upset. How dare you announce these, as if they are available to everyone.  I'm incredulous that your link is to the announcment it isn't available yet.

It would have been much more appropriate to announce:

"Upon the pending release of Blaze firmware update (17.8.301.4), you will have the ability..."

I think less and less of Fitbit every single day and making that known. I'm at day 28 of my 'trial' and return date closure.  I will be returning and going for an iWatch. At least they don't mislead their clients.

Best Answer
0 Votes

they did release it in a testing phase earlier this month, but to avoid bricking your watch (making it unusable), or having it stuck in an infinite loop, they rolled back the update. personally, I keep checking the forums to see when it's going to be released, but I'm thankful that my watch doesn't need to be returned to fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Missing my point. They did *NOT* have a production release. WORSE - they 'rolled' it for a smaller population to be the final tester. Without their consent. Don't think for one second that this was nothing more than a gold release they tried to fish everyone into thinking was a 'release'.  Hopefully they've learned their lesson from this approach.

Yes, I'm glad my watch wasn't bricked (as is fitbit that would need to fix it).  But I never asked for a September release. BUT - you announce it and you write press releases stating it's available - you are deliberately misleading your customers.  And shutting down the other thread because of everyone's ire is another example of their lack of respect and/or understanding of their customers.

If you don't see an issue with their public relations, then you don't understand the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can anyone with the new firmware and an android phone confirm whether Google maps directions come through as notifications on the Blaze?

Curious if it could be used for walking directions - buzz: Turn right onto something street.....
Best Answer

So wait...if I were to go out and get a new Blaze today, I wouldn't be able to get the new firmware?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not yet, it was released to 5% of users and the paused while they look at any issues.

It should be released to all users when they have sorted issues, no date yet but hopefully not too far away.
Best Answer

lol - you are being funny. Right?  Don't hold your breath, if you are being serious.

Best Answer
0 Votes

they followed a trickle release model, which a lot of companies follow, for two reasons:

-primary and beta testing irons out around 95% of bugs, but 5% will only be found in live production

-bandwidth costs

if you think that Fitbit is the only company that follows this model, you're incredibly naive, and any time you download new software you're agreeing to be the 'final tester' - there isn't some magical process that guarentees 100% you won't have any bugs, and that's why you agree to ToS and EULAs, a lesson that Oracle recently put in the forefront when a couple hundred critical bugs were discovered in back end enterprise software they've released over the last couple of decades. if Oracle followed this model, they'd have avoided a lot of headache.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Stu_B, I can check on my iPhone. I noticed that the maps app does come up on the list of items I can select for notifications.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Just got the update, and have started receiving notifications. This is great! Although I really need to unsubscribe from some stuff...
Fitbit Blaze and Samsung S4. Previously Charge HR (wasn't as waterproof as I thought) and One (If you find it can you let me know)
Best Answer