Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Notifications for Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

More notifications are here!

You can now receive notifications from email and other apps on your Blaze! Common emojis are also supported. Please keep in mind that you will need to have the latest Fitbit app version as well as the latest Blaze firmware update (17.8.301.7).

Using Notifications:

When you receive a notification, your Fitbit Blaze vibrates. Depending on the type of notification and your mobile device's operating system, the following information may appear on your screen:

• Phone call—Caller's name, if in the contacts list on your mobile device, or phone number.
  • Text message—Sender's name (if in your phone's contacts) or phone number, and the contents of the text message.
  • Calendar event—Name, location, and time of the event.
  • Email—Sender’s name, subject, and contents of the message.
  • App notification—App name and contents of the message. App-specific icons may also be displayed.

Keep in mind your tracker can only display notifications from third-party apps if you already receive notifications from these apps on your paired iOS or Android mobile device. Make sure notifications are turned on for these apps in your mobile device's settings, and in your Blaze's device settings.

app_notifications.jpg

notifications.jpg

You can see all your notifications by swiping up from the home screen. You'll see previous calls, texts, calendar, email, and app notifications as well. You may delete these notifications either individually by swiping right, or all at once by scrolling down and tapping "Clear All" on the display.

For detailed information and setup instructions, check out our help page about notifications.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
144 REPLIES 144
@Stu_B, on my iPhone, it looks like the map app notifications are more items like how many minutes to home etc, not the directions themselves. Not sure if that would be the same on Android apps

@RhysLewis, glad you like them. I am enjoying them too and paired mine down to what I really want to see. I like getting the Fitbit app notifications etc.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@joerojas - I got my FitBit Blaze delivered yesterday.  I opened it and it updated, I was so excited until I found out it updated to 17.8.200.3, not the latest.  So to answer your question there is high probability that if you were to purchase a new Blaze you would not get the new update right away.  Using me as an example.  

Waiting..... tick, tock, tick, tock.....

Good customer service is solving the customer's problem. Great customer service is making sure it never happens again.
Best Answer

Thanks @kenlpeters

This is good to know but it's a bummer. I was so close to running out to by a FitBit Blaze but I guess I'll just stick with my Charge HR until this update is rolled out for all.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would think it will be soon. Looks like things started to roll yesterday. I have the original update which worked fine for me. I really like the new features. We'll see when the new update arrives.
Best Answer
0 Votes
@joerojas, good choice. I'm not in a big hurry to upgrade. I'm happy with version 2.26. Also I have not upgraded to iOS 10 yet. I have read about Fitbit app crashing. I have read to many issues everyone is having. I have not seen an official bulletin from Fitbit saying they have corrected all the bugs. I'm also still reading about a lot of people having problems with iOS 10 interfacing with version 2.27.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I upgraded to iOS10 and the new Fitbit app and have not had any issues that I have really noticed.
Best Answer
0 Votes
@mormama, I read complaining about the heart rate graph not showing the graph, the exercise tile not showing the goal tab for setting your number of days to exercise. I read if you enter your weight on your weight tile that the tracker will not sync and some people are saying there Fitbit will not sync after their upgrade. So I'll just sit on the side lines.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had not read any of those related to the iOS update. I posted a few days back asking of any issues and did not receive a response so decided that meant it should be okay and went for it. Mine has been fine. Good idea to wait if you are concerned though. My firmware is currently the original update of 17.8.301.4 if that makes a difference on your research.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've got version 8.301.7 and just updated through Fitbit connect today...
Best Answer
@AndrewFitbit I clicked on the link in your post:
For detailed information and setup instructions, check out our help page about notifications.

Unfortunately, this was toooo confusing for me to follow. 😔
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mcrmama wrote:
@Stu_B, on my iPhone, it looks like the map app notifications are more items like how many minutes to home etc, not the directions themselves. Not sure if that would be the same on Android apps

@mcrmama I would think a mobile app developer working on turn-by-turn directions would assume the phone's display is on, or if display is off, then the user is listening to the directions. Its hard to imagine a developer thinking of creating notifications for wearables like Fitbit/Pebble/Garmin, instead the most natural integration would be an Apple Watch (e.g. Apple Maps does this when paired with AW, as does a few other apps), or Android Wear device, or Apple CarPlay / Android Auto.

Its possible some independent app developer will add, or has added, lock-screen notifications of turn-by-turn directions. The only use case for that is a 3rd party wareable (and not Apple Watch or Android Wear), so I would think you will need to search as its not an obvious opportunity for app developers (unlike Apple/Google wareables/automotive).

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've got notifications coming through all except Facebook notifications and all my Facebook notifications are enabled on my iPhone, does anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions to how I would get Facebook notifications on my blaze? I currently have whatsapp and email notifications working xx
Best Answer

I have a funny notification on my list pass.com.starbucks.card, is there a way to remove that from the list completely as opposed to just turning it off?

IMG_0671.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes
While I am on androod, not ios, my thought is that Fitbit put it there in response to a flag being set by the developer, though I might be totally off the wall on this.
Best Answer
0 Votes

When you wrote, "...updated trhough Fitbit connect" did you mean via your computer and using the Windows 10 Fitbit app? @SunsetRunner

Best Answer
0 Votes

and still no support for notifications in Cyrilic, sorry but this is last Fitbit gadget I ever buy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@herget I'm not sure who "you" is referring to, but the Fitbit Connect us the program that runs in all windows and can be downloaded by choosing other OS. It is not the win 10 app.

As for tagging a member, notice I put an "@" before your name.

Best Answer
0 Votes
@AshotJP please Dr this read which also has a link to the feature request forCyrilic.
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Russian-language-and-Cyrillic-font/td-p/1185632
Best Answer
0 Votes
Email notifications not working
I have IOS 10 I use the email app from the phone Please help!!
Best Answer