Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Notifications for Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

More notifications are here!

You can now receive notifications from email and other apps on your Blaze! Common emojis are also supported. Please keep in mind that you will need to have the latest Fitbit app version as well as the latest Blaze firmware update (17.8.301.7).

Using Notifications:

When you receive a notification, your Fitbit Blaze vibrates. Depending on the type of notification and your mobile device's operating system, the following information may appear on your screen:

• Phone call—Caller's name, if in the contacts list on your mobile device, or phone number.
  • Text message—Sender's name (if in your phone's contacts) or phone number, and the contents of the text message.
  • Calendar event—Name, location, and time of the event.
  • Email—Sender’s name, subject, and contents of the message.
  • App notification—App name and contents of the message. App-specific icons may also be displayed.

Keep in mind your tracker can only display notifications from third-party apps if you already receive notifications from these apps on your paired iOS or Android mobile device. Make sure notifications are turned on for these apps in your mobile device's settings, and in your Blaze's device settings.

app_notifications.jpg

notifications.jpg

You can see all your notifications by swiping up from the home screen. You'll see previous calls, texts, calendar, email, and app notifications as well. You may delete these notifications either individually by swiping right, or all at once by scrolling down and tapping "Clear All" on the display.

For detailed information and setup instructions, check out our help page about notifications.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
144 REPLIES 144
@AngelSacramento, I'm not sure if you have read any instructions on how to setup your notifications. If not here is some information that may help you. From Fitbit website.

HOW DO I ENABLE NOTIFICATIONS ON MY TRACKER?

To set up notifications, choose your mobile device below. Setting up notifications can take several minutes.

IOS MOBILE DEVICE
If you're interested in calendar notifications, note that most trackers can only display them if they're sent from the default iOS Calendar app. If your third-party calendar app syncs with the default you won't notice a limitation. Only Blaze lets you choose a third-party calendar app directly.

STEP 1: SETTING UP NOTIFICATIONS ON YOUR TRACKER

Two trackers have a setting for notifications.

If you have a Surge, swipe to Settings and make sure Notifications is set to On.
If you have a Blaze, hold the top right button for a couple seconds to make sure Notifications is set to On.

STEP 2: SETTING UP NOTIFICATIONS ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE
Confirm that your mobile device is compatible with our notifications feature by visiting http://www.fitbit.com/devices.
Make sure Bluetooth is enabled by going to Settings > Bluetooth.
Make sure your mobile device permits notifications:
Go to Settings > Notifications > Phone.
Make sure Allow Notifications is on.

Repeat steps 1 and 2 to enable notifications for text messages, calendar events, email, and other third-party apps such as Facebook or WhatsApp.
(Blaze only) If you're enabling notifications for third-party apps, be sure the following settings are turned on for each app:
Make sure Allow Notifications is on.
Make sure Show in Notification Center is on.
Make sure Show on Lock Screen is on.
Under Alert Style When Unlocked, select Banners or Alert.
Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb and make sure these settings are turned off because they prevent the mobile device from sending notifications to your tracker.

STEP 3: SETTING UP NOTIFICATIONS IN THE FITBIT APP

Make sure your tracker’s firmware is up-to-date and that you have the latest version of the Fitbit app.
Open the Fitbit app and tap Account > your tracker's name > Notifications.
If you’ve never received notifications on your tracker, follow the onscreen instructions to connect ("bond") your mobile device with your tracker. To verify that set up was successful, look at the list of Bluetooth-connected devices on your mobile device. Your tracker's name should appear.
Under Notifications, turn on the types of notifications you want to receive on your tracker (calls, texts, and calendar events). Keep in mind your tracker will show calendar events sent from your calendar app to your mobile device. If your calendar app doesn't send notifications to your mobile device, you won't receive notifications on your tracker.
If you have a Blaze, tap App Notifications and then select the apps that will send notifications to your tracker. If an app is missing, try syncing your tracker first and then checking again.
If you're having trouble, see My tracker isn't receiving notifications from my iOS mobile device.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Does anyone know if there is an app out there with which you can get notifications of the weather (temperature) maybe every hour and sunrise/sunset info now that we can get alll these notifications? I like my blaze but want it to give me more info like an Apple Watch would do. I know, I don't want much.
Best Answer
Yes through desk computer but not on Windows 10 ?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, there are various apps via the App Store if you have an iPhone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow @ Sinead4982 you are able to receive all of those notifications on your Blaze??? Lucky!!! 😊 I have been receiving calendar notifications, I can see the caller ID name of incoming calls (cannot answer tho), I can see that a new text message has been received (cannot read it tho), I am able to control music! :musical_notes: I have a Samsung 6+ Edge, perhaps that could be the difference? I will continue to (try) wait patiently. 😕
Best Answer
0 Votes
@Hazelmommy, have you done the new update? If so, you can set up the notifications if you have not already done that. Once a notification is received by your phone, it will show up on the list in the Fitbit app notification settings where you can turn it on.
Best Answer

@talam wrote:

I have a funny notification on my list pass.com.starbucks.card, is there a way to remove that from the list completely as opposed to just turning it off?

IMG_0671.PNG

@talam I'm guessing you enabled Starbucks notifications, and receive an notification when near a Starbucks store. Either Fitbit needs to "fix" this by creating a human readable label, or you need to disable Starbucks notifications.

For those interested, the way it works on iOS is that app developers create notifications in their apps. Then you have complete control over notifications:

- Settings > Notifications

- Settings > Do Not Disturb

The first allows you to specify which apps are allowed to show you notifications, and how/where they appear.

The second allows you to disable all notifications (with exceptions for important calls) during specific times of the day. For example I disable notifications from 10pm to 6am everyday.

Then iOS pushes those notifications to your phone and Bluetooth connected devices. The Fitbit app collects notifications as they happen, and uses that to populate the list of apps in your screenshot. Thats why the list grows over time, because Fitbit has no way of knowing about other app's notifications until they are pushed by iOS to phone and Blaze.

So Fitbit doesn't control app notifications, thats the job of iOS.

Want an app to deliver notifications to Blaze? Two steps: 1) make sure the app is configured in Settings > Notifications, and 2) allow the app to push a notification to your lock screen. Without the second step, the Fitbit app won't show the app in the list.  

Don't want notifications at night? Configure Do Not Disturb (Settings > Do Not Disturb) and setup the times you want your phone and Blaze to be quiet.

Want to temporarily disable notifications? Swipe up from bottom of iPhone while on lock screen, and click on the moon icon (Do Not Disturb), or visit Settings > Do Not Disturb to manually enable and disable.

Want more control over notifications on your wrist? Checkout the apple watch, it allows you to disable notifications on phone while still pushing notifications to your wrist.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

Hey @AndrewFitbit, I can't get my outlook emails on my Blaze. I am on iPhone 6 plus. Any ideas?

Nick | Washington

Surge, Blaze, Flex 2, Alta HR: - iPhone 7, Windows 8/10, Macbook Pro

Please mark posts as solved if you got the answers you needed, or visit the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love the new notifications, my only issue is that after a I clear them from Blaze and the phone the come back.  It is weird.  Not all of them come back, only some, and it is not a single app.  I have rebooted by Blaze and phone and it still happens.  Does anyone else have the same issue? 

PS - I also have the latest iPhone FB app.

Good customer service is solving the customer's problem. Great customer service is making sure it never happens again.
Best Answer

@kenlpeters I am not sure if this is the case, but I did notice this on the previous release before the .7 one. When this occured, I noticed that a com.apple.cma notification appeared. This is an iphone notification. I was getting duplicates from that I think and a weather app I had. Also got duplicates of emails. I turned that notification off and it worked. Since I have updated to the latest and greatest, I have had no such duplicates though. I have turned on the com.apple.cma notification. Get duplicates of weather events, but that is okay. YMMV!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some are working, but Snapchat and Whatsapp aren't working. Do I need to do something extra>? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndrewFitbit Hello. What is the best way to know when the latest Blaze firmware is available for everyone? I'm holding off on buying a Blaze because the new notification feature is the biggest reason why I would upgrade from my Charge HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hazelmommy wrote:
@wow @ Sinead4982 you are able to receive all of those notifications on your Blaze??? Lucky!!! 😊 I have been receiving calendar notifications, I can see the caller ID name of incoming calls (cannot answer tho), I can see that a new text message has been received (cannot read it tho), I am able to control music! :musical_notes: I have a Samsung 6+ Edge, perhaps that could be the difference? I will continue to (try) wait patiently. 😕

You cannot answer calls because you are on an Android device. That function only works for iOs, unfortunately. As far as text messages and only receiving the ID, are you using the native Verizon app Messages+ ? If so, it will not display the body of the messages. I was hoping this had been fixed with the update, but it was not. If you change to different texting app, like Messenger, it will work. I have been using Messenger since I learned of the problem with Messages+ and it works well.

Best Answer
@Sinead4982 I am using the standard text messaging app that came with my AT&T device..... I'm not familiar with Messenger....can I simply go to the "play store" and download "messenger" app?? Thank you for your info!
Best Answer
0 Votes
@mcrmama yes, I did the update last night. I will go back and double check the Fitbit app setting. Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes
@Sinead4982 ok, so I downloaded the Messenger app, set it to 'default'.....and low and behold, it worked!!! I can receive text and actually read body of the message all on the Blaze!! THANK YOU. THANK YOU! 😊👍
Best Answer
0 Votes
Awesome update! This saved me from switching to an Apple Watch 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

After the update, notifications were working perfectly, from all the apps I enabled through my Fitbit app on my Nexus 5x. 

Around 9:00 PM everything stopped, and now this morning I am getting no notifications at all. Have scoured these posts, did whatever reinstalls, off/on, resets, etc. as suggested.

Very frustrating. Nothing has changed since the update to cause a complete halt to notifications (I think). 

Thanks in advance for any other ideas or fixes/workarounds.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I didn't change any other settings on my phone or apps then later that night the Facebook notifications started working lol I don't know about Facebook messenger though
Best Answer

@Hazelmommy wrote:
@Sinead4982 ok, so I downloaded the Messenger app, set it to 'default'.....and low and behold, it worked!!! I can receive text and actually read body of the message all on the Blaze!! THANK YOU. THANK YOU! 😊👍

In case this was meant for me. You're welcome! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes