Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, for the past 3 days my charge 2 has not been syncing to my android device. I have tried force stopping the app, turning Bluetooth on and off, I have turned my phone on and off and uninstalled the app and it still is not working. I do not know what else to do please can someone help?
Thanks, Jane

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm not sure which phone is being used, I find with android, removing the tracker from the Bluetooth menu, not the Fitbit app,, or clearing the Fitbit apps cache helpful. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

Hey @JBARRIE, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! I appreciate the time you have taken to try to fix this issue. Since it persists, there is something else that I'd like you to do. Could you please restart your Charge 2? Just follow the instructions below to do so: 

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You'll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker's display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable. 

In addition, I would like you to review that you have the most updated version of the Fitbit app installed on your phone. 

Then try to force sync your tracker. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I'm not sure which phone is being used, I find with android, removing the tracker from the Bluetooth menu, not the Fitbit app,, or clearing the Fitbit apps cache helpful. 

Best Answer

I had the same problem - it worked for me.  An additional problem - my charge 2 did not record any sleep for me last night.  First time I had that problem.

Best Answer

I tried this but my fitbit does not show the logo.  Nothing happens when I hold the button. 

Best Answer

Hubby having the same problem. Won't sync to his phone. Done the restart several times. Mine works just fine. 

Best Answer

Hey @SJBK, I hope you are doin' great! Smiley Happy Just to confirm, is it your Charge 2 syncing fine now? 

Now regarding your sleep, could you please tell me, are the sleep stages that are not being tracked or any of your sleep data? 

@Calliesmom, it is great to see new faces around! Have you made sure that your computer is ON while trying to restart your Charge 2, right? 

@RuthW15, sounds pretty cool that your Charge 2 is syncing fine. If you have further questions, let me know. 😉 

Keep me posted guys! 

Best Answer

Mine is fine hubbys still won't connect to honor 7x. Any ideas?

Best Answer

The only thing I can think of is, check your blue tooth. Make sure that his tracker is the only one listed.  Also be sure the blue tooth is on.  Sometimes mine turns off for no apparent reason

Good luck.

Best Answer
I deleted my phone app then reinstalled. Working now!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great news.  We just have to keep trying different things, until we hit the right one.  Glad you found the answer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys! I hope you are doin' great! 

@RuthW15, please keep in mind that the Huawei Honor 7X isn't on the compatible devices list so that could be the main reason why is giving you syncing issues. However, I'd like you to try to turn on/off the Bluetooth on his phone and then reboot the phone.

@Calliesmom, sounds good that your Charge 2 is syncing now. Thanks for the update! 

@SJBK, I appreciate your participation my friend!

Have a nice day guys! 

Best Answer

Just have had my Charge 2 for over a month; my very first Fitbit. I purchased it after finding out from friends which one is their favorite. I have had no issues until last night...did not log any sleep.  It's fully charged and iPhone synced.  Did all shown in this thread to no avail. The sleep tracker is one of the main reasons I purchased this particular model and have loved the details it provides.  Now, what next?  It is a Fitbit firmware issue/outage?

Best Answer

Have tried everything, Charge 2 will not sync to my new iphone 8.

Have reinstalled app on phone. Have reset the fitbit a couple times.

Continues to say searching.... on iphone. So frustrating

Best Answer

Hey @RHornsby1, welcome to the Community! Sounds very cool that you are enjoying your new Charge 2. Let me ask you this, regarding the sleep, is it not tracking your sleep stages or is it not tracking any of your sleep at all? Has this ever happened to you before? In the meantime, let me suggest you the following: 

Manually sync your Charge 2. See instructions in How do Fitbit trackers sync their data?

- Restart your Charge 2

- Try to sleep with the tracker on your non dominant hand

- If those steps won't work, please manually log your sleep to reflect the time slept. See instructions in How do I change my sleep history?

@swilliams25, welcome to the Community! Thanks for trying to restart your Charge 2 and reinstalled the app on your iPhone to try to fix these syncing issues. Since the issue persists, I'd like you to review this article which has syncing instructions for all the platforms. 

Let me know how it goes folks! 

Best Answer

Did not work for me.  Have any more idesa?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lmangum if your saying the steps in the article that @HeydyF linked to did not help I would try the following. 

Remove the tracker from the phones Bluetooth settings. Do not remove from the Fitbit app .

If it still doesn't sync then try a shutdown of the phone .

Best Answer
That is what I had to do.
Best Answer

That is what I had to do.  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, and I thank you for the responses! It’s working fine again; I did the reset 3 times and it worked last night. Here’s hoping that was the one time glitch! Thanks again!

Best Answer