Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, for the past 3 days my charge 2 has not been syncing to my android device. I have tried force stopping the app, turning Bluetooth on and off, I have turned my phone on and off and uninstalled the app and it still is not working. I do not know what else to do please can someone help?
Thanks, Jane

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

@betterandbadder wrote:

Do you lose all your data if you delete?

@betterandbadder I'm not sure what you mean by delete, any data that has synced to your account can not be deleted.

Best Answer

hey @Rich_Laue!

I just checked my phone's bluetooth and the old Charge 2 WAS still on the list of paired devices - "not connected" but still listed.  I told the phone to "forget this device" and I will try again to pair it with my Mom's iPhone 7.

Thank you for the tip!

Best Answer

I hope you are doin' great @KateyBrie! I hope that the tips that @Rich_Laue has shared, helped you out. 

If you have further questions or comments, let me know! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hi! I have had the same problem with my Charge 2, but my Android Galaxy J3 Eclipse does even recognize the Charge 2 as a saved device, and therefore I cannot 'forget' it or 'unpair' it. Does anyone have any other tips that have worked to restore syncing?

@Rich_Laue wrote:

I'm not sure which phone is being used, I find with android, removing the tracker from the Bluetooth menu, not the Fitbit app,, or clearing the Fitbit apps cache helpful. 

Best Answer

Hi!

I’ve had my Charge 2 for about 8 months now and love it. I’ve had problems with the sleep stages once before but got it figured out.

The sleep stages were working perfectly until about 2 weeks ago. I haven’t changed how I am wearing it - location or how tight it is - and I have tried the plugging the Fitbit into the cable and restarting it. That hasn’t helped either. 

I also deleted the charge 2 from the app and then reinstalled it. Still hasn’t given me sleep stages.

Help please?

Best Answer

Hey guys, welcome aboard! 

@Molly_Ann, oh! Well, since the Samsung Galaxy J3 Eclipse isn't on the compatible devices list, so I'm afraid that you'll experience connectivity issue. If you haven't, please review the troubleshooting in the help article: Why won't Fitbit device sync? And let me know how it goes! 

@Bexmeow14, are you getting some sort of error message on the Fitbit app? When you try to review the sleep stages? If so, let me know what it says. 

I'll be around! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
I talked to someone, a Fitbit customer service rep, and the Samsung is indeed compatible according to the representative I spoke to. In addition, the Chrage 2 synced to my phone for over a year with no problems. The battery died, like fully died on the Charge 2, and then it would no longer sync.

After talking to a customer service rep, they tell me it must be a problem with the Charge 2, and it's been over a year, so it's no longer under warranty (unless I'm in Europe, then it would be 2 years). There is nothing they can do but send me a stupid coupon for a new device- not free, 20% off (lol).

I will NEVER buy a Fitbit again. I am so disappointed in the lack or help with their devises. The Charge 2 was expensive when I bought it, it's an older device now, but I'm not going to shell out $200 for another device that is going to stop working in a year, just after their warranty period. Total BS.

I will tell everyone I know, dont waste your money, go with something that will work for longer than a year.
Best Answer

You are not alone. I am looking for a record board that posts how many times a user has to reboot the charge 2 every month. Does anyone know of such a place? I am sure the complaints would be astronomical.

I got my wife a Charge 2 and had to return it because she said if it doesn't work she didn't want it. My daughter's fitbit has to be rebooted several times a month as well.

I think this is a big problem that is being hidden by fitbit.

I just spent 40 minutes trying to pair my Charge 2 again. After only two weeks.

Harold Buchanan

Best Answer

I have to restart my phone every single day and sometimes multiple times a day so that I can get notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. Thank you for trying the suggested solutions. For the ones who haven't you can try going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. After this try syncing them. Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on. If the issue persist please let our Support team know about this.

Keep me posted!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Why does this has to be done every two weeks?

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Haroldbuchanan wrote:

What are you talking about? I have to remove the app remove it from bluetooth turn off phone and start from scratch every three wekks. IT SUCKS

@Haroldbuchanan I have not had to ever start from scratch to get the Fitbit to sync. If you would like help in knowing what has worked for your fellow Fitbit users, please include your phones type.

Currently as Fitbit users, some seem to experience major sync issues with the latest Android app.

I rolled back to 2.85 and it had been syncing without issue.

Best Answer

how can I roll back to that version?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would use Google to search for your answer @jmdearras. without knowing which OS your phone runs i can not say. 

Best Answer

Thank you. All working again now. Many thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Same problem started to show up yesterday. Charge 2 shows the steps correctly, but could not sync to fitbit app in my iPhone.

Tried turn off/on bluetooth, power off/on iPhone, remove fitbit app/reinstall, none help.

What else can I do to fix it?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bbq you removed the Fitbit from your phones Bluetooth? 

See this post above. 

Best Answer

No, from Settings->Bluetooth, I can see my charge 2 connected

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@xwu your Charge 2 does not need to show up as connected to be able to sync. 

One of the first steps to try with a sync issue is to remove the Charge 2 from the Bluetooth list. 

Other things to try is restart phone, better yet shut phone down, restart tracker. Check for phone and Fitbit app update. 

The steps or referenced in the post above. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 will not stay on. I followed all the steps to restart it and it still wont stay on. It gets a full battery and I take it off the charger. It stays on for maybe 10 minutes and then it's off again. What else can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes