Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory reset Charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Greetings,

my wife wants a different Fitbit and I am taking her brand new Charge 2. How do I reset to factory settings so that I can use it?

Thanks\

Tor

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Everybody! 

There isn't a factory reset for Charge 2. This process is only available for Charge HR and some of the newer devices (Ace 2, Inspire series, Charge 3, Ionic and Versa).

You can check the official documentation in these 2 articles (Article 1 & Article 2)

Since there ins't a Factory reset for Charge 2, I'll be closing this thread.

Thanks for your participation!

Selma | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
177 REPLIES 177

@torhelginho  Once you set up and add the tracker to your account, it will start over with only your stats.  That is all that needs to happen.  (Make sure she removes it from her account and from her phone's blue tooth settings as well)

Hope that helps~

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

Ok. I Have to say this don´t work for me. I follow your steps, but my phone does´nt find the Charge. Onece it find It, but suddenly it stop the process and said It didin´t.... I erased the Charge of the Bluetooth of my phone and in my account.

SOS, please... I don´t know what else to do... I was reading others answer. This almost work.

Thanks

César

Best Answer

Hey my friend @CesSalSmiley Very Happy I've replied you here

Keep me posted there! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Forget It... Know is working ;( jajaja
Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you figure it out? I'm having the same problem!

Best Answer

@campbellll what is the same problem you are having? 

Best Answer

Me and my brother got our charge 2 watches mixed up and want to reset both.

Best Answer

My mobile phone is broken and I can not remove the Charge 2 from the Bluetooth devices. How can I connect with the new mobile phone? 

Best Answer

Followed directions for factory reset to fitbit charge 2.  How do I know the factory reset was complete.  Couldn't come up with the 'error' message as noted in factory resset directions.  Screen still reads current date and time.

Best Answer

Hi HannaKeks, did you find a solution?  I have similar problem - my phone screen is not working so I have to take it for repair and have got my other phone in use.  Downloaded the fit bit app but the bluetooth scanner won't find the fit bit.  Looking at various posts it seems that I need to reset the fit bit but I can't find out how.  I think if you resolved your issue then it should help me.  Hope you can help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

did you find a solution?  I have similar problem - my phone screen is not working so I have to take it for repair and have got my other phone in use.  Downloaded the fit bit app but the bluetooth scanner won't find the fit bit.  Looking at various posts it seems that I need to reset the fit bit but I can't find out how.  I think if you resolved your issue then it should help me.  Hope you can help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I finally was able to do so with the help of Fitbit. I have their notes
(I think) however you also need to contact them to cancel your account.

Best Regards,

*Pat Tristram,*

This e-mail message contains confidential information intended only for the
use of the individual or entity named above. Any unauthorized use or
disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error please immediately delete the e-mail and either notify the sender
at the above e-mail address or by telephone at *519-744-6777*
Best Answer
0 Votes

Some people would like to reset the Charge 2 because it isn't working properly, and on prior Fitbits you did a reset and the device worked.

My Charge 2, brand new, has stopped counting steps accurately. It never counted stairs accurately.  It currently is mostly useful for texting notifications.  I don't really need it for that.

I would appreciate some kind of reply besides totally ignoring users' plight which now seems the norm for Charge 2

If I can't get this solved, I may return the device and get another brand out of disgust. I have used Fitbit with great satisfaction until I got this device, and I find ignoring the problem a not acceptable response from Fitbit.

Best Answer

I 2nd this reply - this is extremely frustrating!

Best Answer

Hello @carolcarre and @SunsetRunner,

This thread is about doing a factory reset, which is typically understood to be "put it back in the state that it was in when I took it out of the box", hence the term factory reset (just out of the factory).

From your description, that's not really what you want.  What you'd like to do is to restart the tracker.

Just follow the instructions on that page for the Charge 2, which is to put it on the charging cable and press the button for 4 seconds.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

A reset of the tracker and a restart of the tracker are the same thing, It simply resets the hardware and software. It will not erase the stride and a few other settings, none of which would, even if possible to access it's write only, identify a user.

As for previous models, only the Charge and Charge HR had a factory reset.

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue,

Interesting observation about the Charge 2 in particular.  I've loaned mine out to friends to test drive and it seems that shortly after I unpaired it from my account, it went into factory reset mode (the screen that says, to setup go to fitbit.com/setup).  It's occured twice now, so I'm pretty sure that it's not coincidental.

So it seems like the moment the tracker detects that it is no longer attached to an account, it puts itself in this mode.  You may need to be running Fitbit Connect (which syncs all nearby Fitbits) in order for this to work.  I'm sure that I can get before/after pictures of this phenomenon if folks are interested, but it seems like there is a viable way to do a factory reset.

As far as I can tell, the Charge 2 is the only tracker that does this.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer

Since I'm loaning it to another friend, I unpaired the Charge 2 from my account and sure enough it happened again.  Here's a picture of what it looked like:

fitbit-charge2-factoryreset.jpg

So it would seem, the easiest way to put it in factory reset mode is to unpair it from your account.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer

I had the same problem and contacted fitbit using their live chat option. After resetting didn't work, they sent me a replacement as my fitbit was still in warranty. I have found live chat a good way to contact them and am very happy with their responses.

Best Answer