Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory reset Charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Greetings,

my wife wants a different Fitbit and I am taking her brand new Charge 2. How do I reset to factory settings so that I can use it?

Thanks\

Tor

Best Answer
177 REPLIES 177

@donna449,

Welcome to the community!

As I had posted earlier on this thread, just go to your Fitbit settings, find your device, and remove it from your account.

Your Charge 2 will not go back to factory settings immediately, but it eventually does.  This is what it looks like after maybe 2-3 hours:

fitbit-charge2-factoryreset.jpg

Which is the mode that it's in when you take it out of the box.  I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

unpairing from account does not get it to show this screen you are showing in the picture.. i want to put my charge 2 back into the state it was when it was fresh out the box.. a true factory reset.. can someone tell me how to please i have been searching for hours

Best Answer

in reply to myself above.. i will wait a few hours to see if it does indeed go back to factory screen and report back

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The best way to find out if their is a fatory reset wouls be to look below and click the word "Help". Now do a search, the reason know one has been able to tell you how to do it, as stated several pages afi, there is no official Factory Reset procedure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My heart rate stopped working after 2 weeks. Tried the same thing. Impossible to hold the button and take the charger off. I called fit bit worked with them. They sent me a new tracker without question. Customer service was awesome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It did not reset atall.. I had to sell it to get my money back because retailer would not accept it as a return 1 hour after purchase due to me linking it to my account to test it... Absolutely disgraceful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Linking it to your account should have had no bearing on the return policy.

Once it is turned on, there is no way that we know of to turn it off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

wel it did.. because i had linked it to the account they classed it as used... and hour after i purchased it... it was disgracful

Best Answer
0 Votes

@subsoldier what was wrong that it needed to br returned?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can go to your app, then the account section and tap or click the fitbit tracker you want to remove, then choose delete or remove.

I'm not sure if it is allowed here but here is a link to a tutorial video I have on YouTube for removing fitbit devices. I filmed it using an IPhone but the process is pretty much the same on Android & Windows phone. Hope it helps?

https://youtu.be/-SZZiHW00P8 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

go to youtube and search for mikes unboxing reviews and how to, I made a video that shows how it is done.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another unhappy client here... 

Got my charge 2 yesterday. Tried it once. For some reason it lost connection with phone and since then I could not pair it again....

Tried every step in this forum and restarted it several times.... 

I'm  going to return this Monday....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let's see every step includes

Reading the help doc http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1866/

Update app

Restarting the tracker 3 times http://help.fitbit.com/?q=restart

Restart the phone

Remove the tracker from the phones Bluetooth settings. Do not remove from app

Shutdown then restart phone. 

Make sure their is no other device nearby that your Charge 2 has ever synced through. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I did all that... Still won't pair.

Asked for code and says connecting after that. Then goes back to the settings and says add device still...

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you "unpair" it?

I am giving mine to my daughter and need to clear everything so it is completely reset for her.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Cocorico,, sync your tracker, the info is now in your account

go into your phones Bluetooth settings screen,  now remove the tracker. It is now unpaired from your phone.

Hand tracker to your daughter

Have daughter set tracker up to her Fitbit account. This will transfer her settings to the tracker, it also will remove tge tracker from your fitbit account.

No data is ever stored on the tracker after a,sync, the settings get overwritten during the setup.

Best Answer
Thank you!!
--
Dominique
Best Answer
0 Votes

ex.Iphone to nexus: Unpair it from the Fitbit app(on iPhone), then go to bluetooth menu on your iPhone and unpair it here also. Then Nexus finds it!! Phone names only example. 

Best Answer
0 Votes