Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory reset Charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Greetings,

my wife wants a different Fitbit and I am taking her brand new Charge 2. How do I reset to factory settings so that I can use it?

Thanks\

Tor

Best Answer
177 REPLIES 177

Hi how can I reset my Fitbit charge 2 back to factory settings

Best Answer

Hello @Hana2012,

Welcome to the community!

If you remove the tracker from your account, it will revert back to factory mode, like this:

fitbit-charge2-factoryreset.jpg

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi sorry forgot to say it is a second hand one from eBay so do the original owners need to remove it from there account? X

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have removed the Charge 2 device from my account and then also completely removed the Fitbit app but mine is still showing the clock and steps, not the original setup screen.

Help!

Best Answer

Think I'm going to return mine tomorrow.. only 2 days old and notifications not working. HR is a joke and steps and distance are wrong as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can I factory reset my fitbit Charge 2, I cannot unpair it from my old device because that device was stolen. I tried a normal reset (hold button for 4 secs whilst on charge) but that didn't help with pairing/setting up to my new phone. I can not connect my fitbit to my new phone because it is still paired with my stolen phone.

Best Answer

I need to reset my charge 2 as I've made a new account but my Fitbit won't sync. How do I go back to the start when your Fitbit is first turned on and you get 4 numbers 

help please

Best Answer

@Hazza90 the previous owner needn't do anything, when you attach the tracker to your accounting it will automatically be removed from theirs.

@indapepolly it doesn't matter, simply use the app to set the tracker up to your account.

@Maria-65 have you done the setup process from your new account?

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK thanks. I think my device isn't supporting the fitbit app I have on my Android. Are you saying that my fitbit and phone should pair fine even without a fresh factory reset fitbit device (which is still showing the continuation of unsynced data because the last phone isn't available to remove and unpair properly.. In theory the fitbit doesn't need to show the 'fitbit.com/setup' screen to pair with another device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

how do I reset the time on my watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hazza90 i reread your last post, pgone stolen, as long as it is more thsn 30 feet away it is out of the picture. If your tracker is still connected to your account, the only thing you need to do is download the fitbit app then log into your Fitbit account. The app then gets your settings from fitbit and ahoyls procede to sync your tracker, which should slso be showing on the apos dashboard. 

@doc37k lets go to the ditbit help doc at http://help.fitbit.com/?q=restart 

Best Answer
0 Votes

"I would appreciate some kind of reply besides totally ignoring users' plight which now seems the norm for Charge 2" - carolcarre

Thank you!!! I find the fitbit to be useless (horrible at tracking steps, HR, and runs) so I am wanting to return it. I ALWAYS reset any device that leaves my possession. The fact that moderators and other community members blatantly avoid answering the questions about how to factory reset a device is giving me even more reason to return it. I will be happily supporting another brand rather than trying out a different fitbit device. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner,

Welcome to the community!

I had posted about a month ago that if you remove it to your account the Charge 2 will (eventually) go back to factory mode (sometimes it takes a few minutes, sometimes it takes a couple of hours), and have the pictures to prove it:

fitbit-charge2-factoryreset.jpg

Does that not count as answering the question?

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I think the clue here is to wait a bit.

I originally paired my Charge 2 with my Android phone, but wanted to move it (the syncing) to my laptop. I purchased a Fitbit Bluetooth dongle then realised that I couldn't sync with two devices at the same time. So...

Unpaired it from Android.

Deleted it from Fitbit account via Windows app.

Tried to add device on Windows, it found it, but failed during pairing, no pair code appeared on the Fitbit.

On the third/fourth/fifth attempt the Windows app finally said 'updating dongle firmware'.

Went to grab a coffee.

Followed restart/setup instructions (again) as above and.... new pair code came up on Fitbit.

Completed setup on Windows app, no problems.

All data intact in Windows and on Fitbit.

Patience is the answer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

how do you unpair from your fitbit account?

Best Answer

@dilushani please read @PureEvil's post imeadiatly above your post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried all this still won't sync

Best Answer
0 Votes
My advice would be to check your phone has android 6 or later, and has at
least Bluetooth 4.1+ as i have tried to pair the FitBit with an older
android device before and it gets so far in the app connectivity suite but
always fails to connect. Recently i did manage to upgrade from the old
android device and all FitBit services work perfectly with the device
although it isn't listed in the compatible devices on the FitBit website.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm trying to do a factory reset too. Doesn't work. I can't hold my finger on the button and release the charger at the same time.

Best Answer

Actually many folks here are asking for a factory reset and no where and no one is able to tell them how to do that. Could you possibly tell us how to do a factory reset, the kind you say is out of the box straight from the factory kind of thing for the Charge 2.

TY

Best Answer