Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Weather not showing on device

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I swipe over to Weather on my Charge 3, it never works and says to try syncing with my phone... That doesn't work either. Any insights? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Edgarp70 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for taking the time to post the experience you have had with the Weather app on your Charge 3 so far. Thanks for syncing it in order to sort this out.

Make sure you have Location Services enabled on your phone. Once it is enabled, sync your tracker and check the Weather app. It should show your city as default.

You can also add 2 additional locations:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon > Charge 3 tile.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. Tap Add City to add up to 2 additional locations or tap Edit > the X icon to delete a location. Note that you can't delete your current location.
  5. Sync your tracker with the Fitbit app to see the updated list of locations on your tracker

@Meshell08 Thank you very much for sharing your help and experience on this thread!

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
328 REPLIES 328

I had to go into settings add city on fitbit app. 

Best Answer

@Edgarp70 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for taking the time to post the experience you have had with the Weather app on your Charge 3 so far. Thanks for syncing it in order to sort this out.

Make sure you have Location Services enabled on your phone. Once it is enabled, sync your tracker and check the Weather app. It should show your city as default.

You can also add 2 additional locations:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon > Charge 3 tile.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. Tap Add City to add up to 2 additional locations or tap Edit > the X icon to delete a location. Note that you can't delete your current location.
  5. Sync your tracker with the Fitbit app to see the updated list of locations on your tracker

@Meshell08 Thank you very much for sharing your help and experience on this thread!

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

@Edgarp70 wrote:

When I swipe over to Weather on my Charge 3, it never works and says to try syncing with my phone... That doesn't work either. Any insights? 

Have you tried having a look at the weather settings in the app?

Also, have you accepted for the app to keep tabs on your location? 

I recon it won’t work otherwise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cerberus Thanks for your participation on this thread regarding Weather on Charge 3. Thanks for sharing your experience on this thread. 

Yes, you are correct. I went ahead and left the steps on how to do this on my post above. Hopefully, this will help other users too.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very helpful! Thanks for the quick response and detailed steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I have a new Charge 3 and cant see the weather app on the fitbit. I have followed the thread advice, settings in the app are set to my location and the location services are enabled on the iphone.
Everything seems to be working fine except this.

Any suggestions please?

Best Answer

I have my brand new Charge 3 on this morning but it's basically a bracelet.  I can't see the time, it won't sync and the face is stuck on a message that says "no weather data".  Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Regarding getting out of the weather screen:

1. Press the inductive button on the left side of the Charge 3 to exit the Weather app (you should then see "Weather" and "Settings").
  2. Press the button again to return to the watch face.

Hope that helps!

Best Answer

No weather is displayed on Charge 3 Weather App page.  Message "No weather data.  Please try syncing with your phone."  Numerous syncs with iPhone - did not remedy.  Any fixes?  

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. Ive followed the steps noted above, and the Charge 3 still isnt showing any weather, and the iOS app doesn’t let me add a new city manually. (“Current city” is listed in my iOS app, but again doesnt show up on the Charge 3)

Best Answer

How do I get the weather on my charge 3?

Best Answer

From the clock face swipe left on your screen three times and you will see the weather app

Community Council Member

Sean | London, England

Charge 3, Blaze (Retired), One (Retired) / iPhone XS Max (iOS 12.2)

Please visit Fitbit Help if more help is needed

Best Answer

Hey there @JackReacher, it's nice to see you around the forums! Smiley Very Happy Some apps, such as Weather, require All-Day Sync to be turned on for data to be sent from the Fitbit app to your watch:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Find the option to turn on All-Day Sync.

To set up the Weather app:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Apps.
  3. Tap or click the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. By default, the Weather app shows your current location, which cannot be deleted. Add up to 2 additional locations you want to see in the Weather app.
  5. Sync your watch with the Fitbit app. It can take a few minutes to see the updated list of locations on your watch.

If the weather for your current location doesn’t appear, check that you turned on location services for the Fitbit app. For instructions, see How do I allow the Fitbit app to use my phone's GPS?

If you change locations, sync your watch to see your new location in the Weather app.

To change the units used for the temperature in the Weather app:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  5. Sync your watch and then open the Weather app on your watch to see the updated units.

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

How do you show the weather in Fareinheit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go on ur fitbit app on ur phone then go to apps click on weather and that's where u can change it to farenheit 

Best Answer
  1. Open the Fitbit app.
  2. Tap the icon in the upper right corner to go to the account settings.
  3. Tap on Charge 3 in the list of devices.
  4. Tap on "Apps".
  5. Tap on the settings cog next to "Weather".
  6. The first thing listed should be "Temperature Unit", so tap on that row (where it says "Celsius")
  7. Tap on "Fahrenheit"
Best Answer
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all of the steps above as well and my Charge 3 still doesn't show the weather.  Why is this?

Best Answer

I am having the same problem with my weather data. I have tried the steps you listed numerous times. All the settings seem to be correct. Still no info. So I am obviously, not doing something right! Thx for any help.

Best Answer