Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen went blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got this yesterday and the screen is already black and won’t turn on. Very very disappointed, looks like it’s a common issue. I’d rethink getting this, a shame it’s so common for the anticipation of this... 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome on board @wolf_s_fang7! Thanks for trying to restart your Charge 3. You can try following @drdl's suggestion to see if you can restart your device.

If the restart does not work, but your Charge 3 is still syncing or vibrating I'd recommend changing the clock face to a different to see if this brings back the display. Steps can be found at: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device? 

Hello @sthomsonacrt! I'm happy to hear our Support Team was able to help. Smiley Very Happy If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply back to your support case. They will be more than glad to assist. 

Catch you later guys! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
576 REPLIES 576

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @jake1888, hope you're doing great! Sorry to hear that your Charge 3 display went blank. This may be fixed by a restart:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Identical issue, purchased a day ago, charged, sync, it was working fine for a day and then screen went back and it's not responding to anything and does not sync.  Last time i checked few hours ago, battery was at 88%. Fitbit, please fix the bug in Charge 3. I probably should have waited before buying this new watch so quickly... Please check customers comments reporting sync and black screen issue on the web..

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing! I fully charged it two days ago and it still had a bunch of battery left. Then today the screen went blank and I can't get it back on. The sensor is still green and lighting up but nothing else. Very disappointed since my Charge 2 worked great but I already sold it. I'm going to go return it to the store...this is ridiculous since it seems to happen with everyone. 

Best Answer

I had the same issue and tried your suggestion. Reset fine! Is this a software bug or hardware issue, do you know? Seems like it happened to quite a few folks. Thanks for the solution.

Best Answer

Worked for me👍🏻

Best Answer

Worked for me!  Thank you!

Best Answer

This has happened multiple times for me. I am not keen on dragging out my computer and cords when I simply want to know the time and my heart rate. Fix this nonsense. 

Best Answer

Tried to do the reset and it still does not work. So what next

Best Answer

Mine did the same but I was able to fix it. Put the fit bit in the charger (has to be in the charger) and hold the button on the side for about 8 seconds. A smiley face should come up and start working correctly. At least it did for me.

Best Answer

Mine was blank, wouldn't restart, nothing on the screen even on the charger.  I probably restarted it 8 times, and it finally worked.  Frustrating, but I haven't given up yet - not really much different from my laptop today, sadly...

Best Answer

Hi this process worked, my Charge HR3 display is working now.

Best Answer

This is the 2nd time my Fitbit charge 3 has just gone to a black screen? It is synced and vibrating when a message comes through the screen stays black.

Best Answer

This just happened to me and your instructions worked perfectly.
Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I've owned it for about a month. The instructions on resetting worked. But I hope this doesn't happen again, it wouldn't bode well. 

Best Answer

Glad you guys got your to work!! Mine still has the black screen. Fitbit customer service has been great and sent a replacement so hopefully I'll have better luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - my screen did not come back on while on the charger. It was charged about 80% and screen just went blank - it vibrates when you tap that sides - but blank / black screen. 😞 it’s only a few weeks old. Any other solutions? 

Best Answer

Thank you this helped the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s just worked for me is it a big?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was at work and i love having my charge 3 because i can put my break timer on it. Most of the time  i dont carry my phone. My charge 3 screen went black, it was charged. First time this happens. I went home and looked up online help. Plug it to charge and hold the button 8 seconds it should restart  it worked. I hope this doesnt happen again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes