Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 syncing issues.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband just got me my new Charge 3 and for some reason it just stopped syncing. I'm almost positive it has to do with the app seeings how my Alta HR would sync once every 8 days. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and messed with my Bluetooth settings as well. What is going on? I have an LG G6.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for stopping by @Ketalz! Sorry to hear about the syncing difficulties you've been having with your Charge 3. While reading your post I was wondering if the Ace is still linked to your account? You can connect multiple trackers to your device. For instructions on how to sync multiple trackers, see How do I sync Ace with my device? and Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Also, please make sure that your LG phone is included at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker? 

Hi there @jmahma! Please follow the tips and recommendations at: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?. If you're also having discrepancies with your Charge 3, see: How accurate are Fitbit devices?

I'm glad to hear our Customer Support helped you out @carnaa and @imia345

Welcome to the Community @Cryptosky7 and @ZiggyP! Thanks for already troubleshooting this issue, nice way to go! First of all, please make sure that your phones are included at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

If so, please make sure you've followed these troubleshooting steps.

Welcome here @trwade09! I've seen that you've been in touch with our Customer Support Team. You're in good hands! 

Hi there @07vstrom! I'm glad to hear you got a Fitbit Ionic. It's great to know you're having a great experience so far. I have both, the Ionic and Charge 3 and I like both of them! 

Welcome on board! I'm glad to hear you're getting a replacement @Denver1974! Don't hesitate to let me know if you need assistance! 

Hello @dr2mom! Sorry to hear you're still having syncing difficulties. I'd recommend replying back to your support case. Our team will be more than glad to further assist! 

Hi @craigyrock! Note that the devices on this list have been confirmed as fully compatible with all features of Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app. While a phone or tablet may not be verified as fully compatible, the Fitbit app may still work with your device. 

Our team routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. 

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

Welcome on board @Jackeverette! You can find if yours is listed at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker? 

Hello @Carelis! If you're experiencing syncing difficulties, please see: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Let me know if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
222 REPLIES 222

@SunsetRunner Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your new Charge 3 stopped syncing with your LG G6 all of a sudden. Please make sure that your phone's model is added in the supported devices list. If it's not added, this might be the reason why it stopped syncing since there are features that work (syncing, notifications, etc) but we don't guarantee that they will work always as they're not compatible devices.

Let me know if your phone is compatible! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone doesn't even appear. So I guess it isn't compatible which really sucks because my charge 3 is pretty much a watch with a pedometer in it. I guess i should write to fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the Charge 3 for about 4 days, I have only had one of those days  work as far as syncing goes. Pretty sure I will return it back to best buy. This literally defeats the purpose of a fitbit.So dumb.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner @jessgordy I'm sorry to hear that your phones are not added in the supported devices list and I understand your frustration. Thank you for your feedback about this. By any chance, do you have a table or iPad? Your Fitbit trackers can also sync with these devices. Check the supported devices list 

Finally, you can also sync your trackers with your computers. You just need a USB dongle in order to sync your Fitbit trackers. You can order a USB dongle from the Fitbit web-store.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my charge 3 for 5 days now, and I noticed it wasn’t synced when I woke up this morning. It needed to do an update but it wasn’t connected to Bluetooth and without that you can't do the update.  I spent a good hour trying different things to fix the problem. I restarted my iPhone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, did a hard reset on my phone...etc... and finally came across this forum. I’ve never owned a Fitbit before so I didn’t know that you can restart it.  Once I restarted it it was able to sync, and I could do the update. This is the link on how to restart your Fitbit. Hopefully it works for you too!

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

Best Answer

same here, android as well, it was working for about a full week then all of a sudden could not sync, it looks like some firmware update triggered it, and i cannot get that firmware update to work either, i would swap it for another charge 3 but i have the feeling the same thing is likely to happen anyway, so disappointing.

My phone is also not on the list, does the charge cable it came with work in place of the dongle? why did it work before if it was not compatible?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@Julee23 I'm so glad to hear that your Charge 3 is syncing and could be updated! Thank you for posting the update here and sharing the workaround that you followed in order to have this issue resolved. I'm pretty sure it will help other users that experience the same issue.

@dprince Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your phone is not in the supported devices list. There are times that Fitbit devices sync or interact with unsupported devices. However, we don't guarantee that they will work properly.

Have you tried the restart process that followed @Julee23?

See you both around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same sync issues with Charge 3 and my phone ( not on the compatible list). Very disappointing and certainly frustrating. My Charge 2 worked fine with my phone, not so with the Charge 3. Why, I don’t know.  I have tried suggestions listed to no avail. My phone will sync now and again, no rhyme or reason. This seems like it should be an easy patch or fix, but I get the feeling fitbit is saying “sorry, it is what it is”.  

Best Answer

I am having the same issues with syncing and started just after a week since my purchase.Last synced on Oct 10! Mine was a Google pixel back then and now a Pixel 3 both compatible phones and yet the this issue! It shows there is a firmware update available, but it just wouldn't get to update it. I tried the steps mentioned and restarted the fitbit, turned on/off my bluetooth couple times with no luck! Seems like I will have to return the device, very unfortunate

Best Answer

@slpmartens @wonderfrag Welcome to this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response guys. However, I want to assist you with the syncing issues that your Charge 3 trackers are experiencing. I would like to know if the issue persists or if your Charge 3 trackers could connect with your phone and are syncing properly.

Looking forward to your replies! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

After the initial syncing of my fitbit to phone it then wouldn't sync anymore so did some reading of trouble shooting guide and went to my phone settings chose the fitbit app and clicked on the 'force stop' then restarted the app and is now syncing as it should.

Best Answer

Hi, tried all suggested “fixes”. It syncs very infrequently, and most of the time it’s not syncing. Wouldn’t be so bad, except that I am missing the text and phone call notifications. Not too happy with Charge 3. 

Best Answer

I returned my charge 3; Got a versa instead and it works great!  All this time Fitbit kept telling me it was my device, not the charge 3.... Since I got the versa, I have NO issues, what so ever!

Best Answer

Hmmmmm... interesting. May do the same. The Only reason I didn’t get the Versa was the face size, but may have to compromise. 

Best Answer

I, too, am having sync problems after a few days.  In fact, my Charge 3 initially worked with both my computer, running Windows 10,and my android phone.  Now, however, it won't pair with either of them.  My phone, which worked with my Charge HR, tracked the data for three days, but now cannot and will not sync.  As to my computer, I received the message that the Charge 3 was disconnected, so I removed it as a paired device and then attempted to re-install it.  Windows 10 could find it, but was not able to pair with it.  I have Fitbit connect software, but it is not useable with the Charge 3.  I have a dongle left over from my Charge HR, and that is not allowing for syncing, either.

Best Answer

Hi! I too have an LG G6 and have been having the same syncing issues, what I do when I run into these problems is I plug my fitbit in to charge, then i press and hold the back button until a smiley face pops up. Then after I restart my phone and try to sync it again, most of the time it works but takes a few minutes! If it continues to not work i would contact fitbit. But this is what has helped me many times. I hope it works for you!! Cat Happy

Best Answer

After 2 sessions with tech support trying to get my charge 3 to work, nothing was solved. They sent me a dongle to set the tracker up on my computer Customer service took me through the process and it finally connected and worked at first. The tracker would sync only some of the time and I got messages saying there were Bluetooth issues. It said that the Bluetooth was off when it was on. I am disappointed with the charge 3. Maybe my phone is not compatible. However, I have had a charge 2 for a year on my phone which is a moto e4 android. It worked perfectly. I just reconnected it and it started syncing right away. I don't know if I should upgrade my phone so I can use a charge 3 or maybe a versa or just forget the whole thing and stay with the charge 2.

Best Answer

I have the same issues with the Charge 3. I'm taking mine back. After 1 fitbit then 4 Garmin I thought I'd try a Fitbit again. I am disappointed. It counts at least double the number of steps (yes calibrated) than my Garmin. I can literally add thousands of steps each day by not even stepping anywhere. One top of that it syncs only randomly and requires me to stop bluetooth and then restart it several times a day (samsung s8). It means no messages etc via the phone leaving me with a glorified watch and a HR monitor. I'm going back to Garmin. There's probably a reason Fitbit has upped their warrantee to 2 years.

Best Answer
I upgraded my phone from my Moto e4 to the Moto g6 and now my charge 3 is syncing and working just fine now For now my faith in the charge 3 has been restored.

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes