Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 syncing issues.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband just got me my new Charge 3 and for some reason it just stopped syncing. I'm almost positive it has to do with the app seeings how my Alta HR would sync once every 8 days. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and messed with my Bluetooth settings as well. What is going on? I have an LG G6.

Best Answer
222 REPLIES 222

I have an S8 as well and have had syncing issues since day one. I preordered my Charge 3, so I've had problems since then. It hasn't synced in a month, and a month ago I had the same thing - I got an update notification when I opened the app and noticed the last sync date. I followed advice here and managed to get my Charge 3 to sync, but that only lasted a few days before it stopped again.

I also did a Firmware update a day or 2 ago and now it's prompting me to do a another, which seems odd.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello. That charge 3 certainly comes with a lot of issues, doesn’t it. My charge 2 synced perfectly with my budget Moto e4 Android phone. The wrist band on the charge is difficult for me to remove so I got the charge 3 in October. It had syncing problems and Bluetooth issues right away. Tech support tried everything to help but the problem came back. I reinstalled the charge 2 and it worked perfectly but I really wanted that charge 3 to work. I checked the online list of compatible phones and got the Moto g6. That was 8 days ago and so far everything is fine. Maybe there is hope for the charge 3 after all. Maybe your phone is not on the compatible list. The list is constantly being updated. I hope you finally get to enjoy your fitbit.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

I took it back today and they refunded my money. It wasn't an unfamiliar tale to them.

Best Answer

I have also problem with my Charge 3 and I have Samsung Galaxy S8.

What can I do?

Since I updated the latest software and the update of the app, sinking works badly.

Bluetooth crashes it says, but the mobile phone's Bluetooth works fine on other things, such as speakers etc.

But I have to restart the cellphone when this happens for Fitbit sync to work again. Very bad. It works for a while and then it is the same again, does not sync and requires restart of the phone.

Why?

Is faithful Fitbit owner who just updated me to a Fitbit Charge 3 from 2.

What can I do??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear that Popsmurfen. I'ts exactly what I experienced but if I turned Bluetooth off and on again a few times and waited a little while it eventually would sync. At this time I would get all the message notifications backlogged. I found it disappointing that a Fitbit in its 3rd version wouldn't work properly with one of the flagship phones from the biggest mobile phone provider in the world. I've never had a bluetooth device crash bluetooth on the phone before and I have multiple devices connected. Obviously the syncing issues are a deal breaker but as I said before it is equally concerning to me that the device is extremely inaccurate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have attempted multiple devices and none of the devices are syncing with the Charge 3

Best Answer
Sorry to hear that you are having such a frustrating time with your Fitbit charge 3. A dongle didn’t work for me even after customer service took me through the process on my computer. I reinstalled my charge 2 on my Moto 34 and it worked perfectly. I upgraded my phone to a Moto g6 and my charge 3 is working and syncing just as it should. I know that many people have nice modern state of the art phones and the charge 3 just doesn’t work with them. I searched the list of compatible phones and found the Moto g6 there. All I can say is the charge 3 began syncing as soon as I installed it on my new phone. That was on Dec 17th and so far it works the way it should.

Best Answer
0 Votes
 I too have a moto 6 and I loaded the software on to my G6 as well without success.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I must confess that since I took the charge 3 back I did some more homework and decided on...a charge 3! Yep, I got the same watch from another store as an experiment knowing that if it didn't work again I could still take it back for a refund. Unbelievably, it is syncing ok without me having change a thing since the other charge 3. It's even a little more accurate! I have no idea why everything is now working but I guess it's possible that the other one was simply a lemon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

well, your message has given me a light at the end of a very long tunnel.. same story here I'm really fed up with spending hours trying to reinstall, reboot, restart re pair etc etc, i was about to throw my charge 3 out the window in fustration, but as its only 3 months old maybe I'll try and swap it for a new one? who knows maybe mine is a lemon too?

Best Answer

I am also having the same issue .my Charge 3 refuses to sync for hours or days at a time. In the past day it refuses to sync. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It is very frustrating. I have a Galaxy S8. Any help will be wonderful! 

Best Answer
I just wonder why the charge 3 has so many problems. Fitbit has made other trackers that work well, such as the charge 2. I would try exchanging your charge 3 for another one and checking the list of compatible phones also. When I upgraded my phone from a Moto e4 to a Moto g6 I joined Fitbit all over again and started fresh.
The charge 3 set up without any problems and started syncing right away. It syncs every time I open the app. Since other Fitbit trackers work well, maybe Fitbit should recall the charge 3 and work out the glitches. Good luck to you.

Best Answer
I agree. They should probably recall it. Or at least if they are fixing the issue redistribute the new fix version on an individual basis.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
Hi, must admit not sure what order i did things now, but eventually after deleting the charge 3 from from bluetooth and deleting the fitbit app I had to actually restart my Ipad ( seemed to get locked up when i tried to pair the tracker), then i switched on the bluetooth, reloaded the app, and magically when I signed back in the tracker seemed to almost pick up where it left off? completed pairing then automatically sync'd! I'm not testing my luck, so for now I'm not putting it back on my phone I'm gonna wait and see if things continue ok for a bit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to sync after clearing user data on the device, everything else didn't work, lost two weeks of data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 stopped syncing to my phone, or computer 3 weeks ago, only had device for two months, I called for support, and they tried still not syncing, it just continues to try but does not update from December.  I have a Samsung S9.  How what should I do.  Tried restarting, and also tried to reset, delete my fitbit app and still nothing.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally fixed mine with no help from support. I deleted the Charge 3
device from the app. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app (just for good
measure). I then added a new device to the app for Charge 3 and I'm back in
business. Set it up again. We can only hope the syncing issue won't return.
I hope this helps!
Best Answer

Thank you so much for the reboot idea. Worked like a charm.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Awesome! No problem. I feel lost when I don't know my stats! 🤣
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes