Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 syncing issues.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband just got me my new Charge 3 and for some reason it just stopped syncing. I'm almost positive it has to do with the app seeings how my Alta HR would sync once every 8 days. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the app and messed with my Bluetooth settings as well. What is going on? I have an LG G6.

Best Answer
222 REPLIES 222

Contrary to what  JuanJoFitbit suggested in a previous post, I was told by customer support that the dongle doesn't work with a windows 10 computer and the charge 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone did not appear on the list either. I actually called Fitbit to ask about that. I wanted to make sure it would work before ordering. I had been using a Fitbit Alta and it worked fine with my phone. The rep actually asked me that and said if the Alta worked fine, so should the Charge 3. What I did not realize when I ordered the Charge 3 is that you have to exclusively use the phone for everything; Alta at least would allow you the option of using the dongle in the back of the computer. I also have issues syncing the phone with the Charge 3 though after persistent trials usually manage to get it to work. It definitely is not as easy as the former Alta I used but I wanted the in depth sleep tracking and heart rate monitor which my older model did not have. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just an update. After 2 weeks of a new Charge 3 I can report that it is still syncing. The only downside is the accuracy. I thought it was better but I seem to have just done 28900 steps riding a motorbike!! The Garmin is way smarter than this! 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a similar issue.  My Samsung Note 5 won't keep itself synced to my Fitbit Charge 3 that I've only had for 4 days now.  Very frustrating.  Spent time on the phone with tech support but I while I was waiting on hold, my phone finally synced after 4 hours.  But it is doing the exact same thing today.  It has not been able to sync now for over 6 hours.

Best Answer

What worked for me was syncing the same device under a different user name, then putting it back under the previous account. Didn't lose any info in the process.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issues. I've only had my Charge 3 for a week, and I've had syncing issues since the start. I've been running through cycles of restarting the fitbit, forgetting it from my phone and computer, turning on and off bluetooth on both devices, using only one device at once, etc., it still only occasionally syncs (once or twice per day). Now it hasn't synched for 24h. 

This is really frustrating. 

Best Answer
Google restart charge 3. It worked for me.

Sent from Samsung tablet
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Lolabeads.  I've tried that several times but it didn't work.  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 3 - 28.20001.49.45

Pixel 2 - Android 9

Notifications are pretty reliable, but syncing is very hit and miss. Sometimes I'm able to get syncing to work by turning 'always connected' off and on again.

I also get an insane number of steps when riding my motorcycle.

Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix the syncing issue you are experiencing. If you keep having problems syncing, I recommend taking a look at the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and follow the instructions provide there. Also check if your phones are compatibles.

Keep in mind that we are moderating this thread for users who can't sync their devices. If you are experiencing other issues or have a feature suggestion or improvement, I encourage you to find a similar thread, check out the feature suggestion board or start a new thread.

Catch you later. Cat Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

The list of supported devices listed here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2315/

is not the same as the list of devices listed here:  https://www.fitbit.com/devices.

which list is correct?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s good to know I am not the only one who is having the same problems with the Charge 3.  I will study the list of phones that are compatible before purchasing a new one- ugh

Best Answer
0 Votes
You are right!  My Samsung Note 5 is on one list but not the other!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey!
I still have problems. After the Fitbit App update yesterday of the app itself, NOTHING works at all. Has been in contact with Fitbit Supporter via email, but still unable to find any solution. Soon I have to try to complain about this and buy someone else. Which is a shame. Wonder which one I can trust suit a Samsung Galaxy S8, one that syncs properly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both of my phones are compatible and both have issues syncing with the Charge 3.  Though resetting the watch every other day seems to keep everything synced, that is not what i expected from fitbit.  I suspect every person on this thread reviewed the FAQs and the document that you cited, so that is not helpful.  Someone senior at fitbit needs to look at the problems with this watch, since it is likely there are 10 times as many people that just give up on fitbit without every saying a thing.  Certainly if this is not fixed this will be my last fitbit product. 

Best Answer
I don't think we should have to buy new phones when we are told our phones are compatible with the Charge 3.  Mine shows up as compatible on one list but not another.   Tech support tells me my phone is definitely compatible but I still have the sync problems.  It is intermittent but at times, 8 hours have gone by without being able to sync up.  Very frustrating.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

I have to admit the responses from the moderators on this forum are disappointing. There are clearly many people having syncing issues here, and instead of admitting that there are issues with the Charge 3, we're sent to a page where we're asked asinine questions like have we downloaded the Fitbit app, are the Fitbit batteries charged enough, and have we turned Bluetooth on. 

The "solution" of restarting all devices, turning on and off Bluetooth, and forgetting devices etc., isn't much of a solution when it needs to be done every couple of days.

Best Answer
I agree. I would have to do that 4 or 5 times a days as that is how often
my Charge 3 will not sync with my phone (even though I have All-Day Sync =
On, Always Connected = On, and Keep-Alive Widget = On). I've pretty much
given up expecting my phone and watch to communicate effectively with each
other. Very disappointing.

As a note, my Charge 3 has been unable to sync for 8 hours at a time, so
it's not just an annoyance, it makes the phone app useless at times. Even
now my phone has been trying to sync with my watch for over 2 hours with no
success.

Hopefully there will be a firmware update that will fix the real problem!
Best Answer

I appreciate your participation in the Community @jmahma@MaryPthelegend@PStall@Popsmurfen@dcb7923 and @lazslo93.

Thanks for troubleshooting this syncing issue by yourselves. It's great to know that some of you have already contacted our support team. For the ones that keep having this issue, can you please tell me if you have followed this tip and contacted them?

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
The support team was less helpful than the community.
Best Answer