Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 battery draining too fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had the new Charge 5 for 2 days. The battery discharges within a day. GPS is off, the phone is not set to always on. In looking over the troubleshooting instructions from Fitbit, it seems that you essentially have to disable all of the features that were selling points of this device in order to get decent battery life. Even my ancient Charge 3 got 6 days on one charge! Has anyone with this battery problem found a solution other than disabling everything?

Best Answer
1,680 REPLIES 1,680
I was asked to return mine for a replacement - got it the other day, and its much better. There must be a number of faulty devices out there.....

Unless otherwise stated, this email has been sent from Fujitsu Services Limited (registered in England No 96056); Fujitsu EMEA PLC (registered in England No 2216100) both with registered offices at: 22 Baker Street, London W1U 3BW; PFU (EMEA) Limited, (registered in England No 1578652) registered offices at: Belmont, Belmont Road, Uxbridge, England, UB8 1HE and Fujitsu Research of Europe Ltd (registered in England No. 4153469) 4th Floor, Building 3, Hyde Park Hayes, 11 Millington Road, Hayes, UB3 4AZ.

This email is only for the use of its intended recipient. Its contents are subject to a duty of confidence and may be privileged. Fujitsu does not guarantee that this email has not been intercepted and amended or that it is virus-free.
Best Answer

Yeah this is the worst battery life of any Fitbit device I've ever owned, and I'm doing the exact same activities with it (same amount of GPS usage) as I did with the Charge 4.

In general, the product quality seems significantly diminished from the Charge 3 days.

Best Answer

Hey, no answer on, yesterday it only lasted 16 hours, and I'd had on charge
overnight so certainly 100% charged
Got this on Friday so bir dissappear B Ted

Would like to know how to reduce the battery usage - ie what aps are using
the charge, what I can turn off

One think I do want to turn off is the vibrating on the Reminder to Move
its driving me crazy!!

Also what is the Notification for as seems not emails or calendar??

Regards
KB

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
where did you log your ticket? I might want to do the same thing.
Information contained in this email is subject to the Disclaimer and Privacy Notice found by clicking on the following link: http://www.lyb.com/en/about-us/disclaimer
Best Answer
0 Votes
On the Contact Us page on the Fitbit website. They were really good actually. Took just over a week for a replacement.
Best Answer

That's odd. I was told they wouldn't replace it.

So I had to return it and get a refund, THEN I purchased another one. The new Charge 5 is great, battery lasts more than 7 days (but I charge it on the 7th day), at day 7 it's usually got 20% left. I don't have GPS on, don't have the display on all the time and keep the screen to dim (it's bright enough just on the dim setting). I'm very happy with the new one. I think there must be some production issues, there are a lot of Charge 5's out there with bad batteries.

Best Answer

I've seen a lot of responses in this forum about how to configure your device to extend battery life. My issue has to do with the fact that prior to the update to the latest firmware, I did not have this problem of fast battery drain, so it's clearly related. I used to get about 5 days from a full charge but now now less than one day. I have not changed any setting that would reduce battery life unless the firmware update changed something without my knowledge.

Best Answer

I have the same issue now as you. I had really good battery life prior to the update. Yesterday, before I went to bed the battery was on 40%. In the morning I couldn't wake the screen up. I put it on the charger it was on 3%....

Best Answer

I tried a full power down of the device which I thought happened after the firmware update, but maybe not. My charge is still above 90% after about 15 hours which is back to the normal drain rate. Gonna see if that holds up over the next few days, but definitely improved so I recommend restarting the device to see if it helps you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, thank you for all the replies with updates about this problem you've been experiencing, and welcome to the new users in the Fitbit Community. 

It seems that most of you have already tried all the troubleshooting steps mentioned here earlier. Some of you have also contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. If you haven't done so already, you can contact them here for further instructions if you're still having this inconvenience. They will let you know how to proceed with this. 

Have a good day, see you around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

I returned this watch. It didn’t work as advertised and at nearly $200 I would expect it to work without having to shut off all of the features you bought it for.

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
I returned mine as well, 

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same, mine was fine before the EGC update and now the battery drained from almost full to 12% overnight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can confirm, has has lost 39% iness than 10 hours with android, will be returning .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I fell there is a problem after the last firmware update. My device with GPS off, screen on wake up is draining really quickly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes me too.  It’s rubbish. I’m going to be sending mine back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try to restart device. Even after the latest firmware update. We need to restart Device after every exercise. It will greatly improve the battery drainage issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time to share all your feedback about the problem you've been experiencing with the battery. This information has been shared with the team, so they can look into it. 

If you already tried all the troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier, I do recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team so they can provide you with further instructions. 

I'm sorry to see that you've decided to return the device due to this inconvenience. If possible, make sure to contact the Support team first, to evaluate the options available for you as well. 

Have a good day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I contacted the support team before I returned it. Helpfully, they get the issue solved. 

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for sharing this update, @Auntygail

It's good to know that you were able to get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. 

Have a good day.  

Best Answer
0 Votes