Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Charge 5 Firmware Release - Version 1.171.50

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Charge 5. Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

See What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? for release notes.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step-by-step instructions for updating your Charge 5. If you run into difficulty updating, see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
1,125 REPLIES 1,125

Hello

Report from me

Firmware updated. 

So far no issue with battery, works as before update. 

I can see new firmware in app and in device. 

I have the find my phone app and works. 

There are NO NEW CLOCK FACES. 

I tried different steps to get clock faces, log out from app, restart, remove and add back charge 5 to the app, remove the app, reinstall and restart. I also tried a complete new setup on a phone which never had Fitbit app before. Nothing worked to get new clock faces. 

Anyone has the new clock faces?

Best Answer

I got it updated for the same issue of  did NOT help resolving the black screen!  I even tried shacking the hack of it!!  hoping there is some problem with arm band motion sensor detection system also nothing apparently happened!   What should i do next Fitbit 😞 

Best Answer

Regretted the update. Now the Charge 5 is totally dead. Only thing showing up is the Fitbit logo on the watch. Can't pair, can't sync, can't swipe.

Spoken to customer service. Waiting for email. Sigh.... only 10 months old...😪

Best Answer

"We fixed a battery drain issue some customers may have experienced with GPS-enabled exercises"

So nothing's been addressed about the battery draining issue with no GPS-enabled exercises...?

My watch has been losing a full charge in less than 2 days. Very inconsistent.

Already raised a support ticket with Fitbit support (#45791925). Will be keeping a note of the battery life for now and going back to them if the problem persists. Had the watch for 7 months now. Got it just after Christmas and had been experiencing battery issue within the first month. Refusing to replace the watch under warranty as "we believe that a replacement won't fix the issue, but it'll duplicate it".

Already made Fitbit aware but this will be my last product with them. The Charge 4 didn't experience any of these issues. I have lost faith in the company now after being a customer of several years.

Best Answer

Update: the firmware update became available last night. I've installed it but it hasn't fixed the problems. I'm going through the usual troubleshooting steps with customer service now but nothing has helped so far. 

Best Answer

Yeah I don't blame you. My girlfriend has a charge 5 that I got her for Christmas last year and it has started to put a burn in her wrist about a month and a 1/2 ago.

I actually just bought her a Versa 3 yesterday we'll see if she has the same issue.

When she got home from work last night, I gave her the new Watch as a surprise and the app was having trouble trouble finding our Wi-Fi lol which is crazy since we were standing right next to it.

It was just having a hard time connecting to her App and phone.

In short I think she has just become jaded by this company. She used to really like their products. But since this charge 5, it's gone downhill.  It's looking like this might be the last Fitbit product we ever get in this house.

Best Answer

The update bricked my Fitbit. All methods suggested on the website haven't worked.

Help?

Best Answer

This firmware update has ruined my Charge 5.  The step count changes at least 6 times a day.  Please fix.  I have restarted at 4 times to no avail.

Best Answer

As my fitness tracker is being replaced by Fitbit, I'm going to just use it for what I initially bought it for and ignore all the newest features. My intent is to turn off all features that I do not need. The Fitbit charge 5 was fine until all the new updated features.

We will see how it goes when Fitbit sends me the new charge 5. In the meantime, I already had ordered a Garmin through my health insurance, so I'm going to use both and compare the two fitness trackers.

Best Answer

I just got the new firmware update. Where are the new clock faces? I don't see any new ones in the gallery.

Best Answer

Glad you are getting yours replaced, I was told today I have to wait for an update to be released by end of month. I don’t understand how they determine who gets their watches replaced.. Mine was installed late December.  I guess it is who you speak too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was rather diligent about making a pest out of myself using the multiple
tools they give us to contact support. Finally, after many times reaching
out one of the support people used a tool to check my Fitbit. After they
tested the Fitbit with the tool from their end they said it needed to be
replaced, and to watch my email for the next steps. However, the Fitbit
support told me the email would be received within 10 minutes. I didn't
receive the email for many days. Honestly, I totally gave up on them and
was quite surprised upon receiving the replacement email. It was a simple
form that I needed to fill out. Now I'm waiting to see if and when the new
Fitbit charge 5 arrives.
Best Answer

How disappointing. 

When I first purchased the device I pointed out how awful the clock faces were. Raised a suggestion and all that nonsense. This new update, with its vague set of release notes, suggested there'd be a new clock face. Not that I can see. 

1) where is the clock face?

2) why can't release notes be more detailed? Have a picture of the clock face?

Best Answer

My Charge 5 seems to be "frozen".  Can't get it to sync ??

Best Answer
Try letting the battery die. Once the battery is dead, hook the fitbit up
to the charging cable. Tap the circle at the usb end of the charging cable
3 times. Then wait a bit to see if the Fitbit responds. You may need to
repeat the steps several times. This is how I was able to get my Fitbit out
of a non responsive state.
Best Answer

Can you provide the number you used to contact them. Yes, I think Persistency is important. Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I initially contacted them through their Twitter support account @FitbitSupport and dialogued with someone there about my battery failure issues after the firmware update. That person created a ticket number for me and I was contacted by email about 24 hours later (from the fitbit-support @ fitbit.com email address).  Via email they asked for more details about my device, a further description of the battery issues, and photographs of my device, charging cord, and charging adapter. After that they agreed to replace my device and sent me a shipping label and return instruction. I dropped it off at FedEx yesterday and am now just waiting for my replacement to show up. 

Even though I was extremely frustrated the whole time, through all my Twitter and email interactions I was very calm and polite and kept thanking them for their assistance. In the end I think that pays off as well. 

Best Answer

I just received my replacement Charge 5, to replace a victim of the firmware update under warranty, and am hesitant to put it into service in case the firmware update affects it too. I called Fitbit Support from Canada ((877) 623-4997) and they advised that a new firmware update to correct the rapid battery discharge and other problems introduced with the previous firmware update is under development; release date is not known but they hope that it will be soon.  I was told that if I fully charge and sync my old Charge 5 with the app, I will save all the information that it has, and then can set up my new Charge 5 to replace my old Charge 5 using the app.  Even if I get a notification about a firmware update, it will not be installed until I choose to install it - ideally after I hear from the Community that it works. This suggests that I can have the new one working as the old one did before the firware update and without the battery discharging in less than an hour.

Best Answer

The AZM does not turn off when I tap it so that I can see my heart rate when exercising. How can I revert to the previous firmware?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The lack of moderator responses in this thread is spooky.

Aria, Charge 5, and Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (Android One) user.
Best Answer