Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Charge 5 Firmware Release - Version 1.171.50

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Charge 5. Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

See What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? for release notes.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step-by-step instructions for updating your Charge 5. If you run into difficulty updating, see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
1,125 REPLIES 1,125

The "Find My Phone" only works if my fitbit-app on phone is in forground (no sound on phone if it is "only" running in the background). On same note. I have to accept the privacy reminder every time I go into the fitbit app - thats annoying (android phone)

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are still no new faces available for downloading yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jorg4321 To give the devs more information to fix any incosistancies, you should add which phone and which version of Android you're using.

On my phone the "Find My Phone" function works fine even if the Fitbit app isn't opened at all (Pixel 4a, Android 12).

So that's not a general bug in any way.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer

Please let us k ow how that goes Doug… I am promised an email in next 24 hours, so if they can remotely reset and take you through instructions to get back up and running (literally also!) that would be fantastic

please share how you get on with the re-set process. Thanks! Mike 

Best Answer

another update: 13/08/22 Battery drains again… rubbish!

update: 9/8/22 Managed to manually restart my Charge 5 and now the battery behaves! 😅

My Charge 5 after the update stays charged for about 2 hours then dies… extremely disappointing! 

Best Answer

My Charge 5 is completely useless after this upgrade.

The battery drains in a matter of minutes (15-20min). The device heats up and is a health hazard, burns my hand.

Contacted support twice, no fix, no rollback possibility for this firmware, no timeline to get some feedback. Just being told that I will get an e-mail…. sometimes.

really, so disappointed, I am in holiday without my fitbit not being able to track anything.

bad, bad, bad, I regret having a fitbit, I regret having one for each family member.

Shame!

Best Answer

Contacted support = useless

battery drain is huge, battery is empty in minutes from 100%

no help for a week now after twice contacting support

Who is gonna fix my issue as it seems fitbit can’t…

any hints what to do next please?

thank you.

Best Answer
I used live chat on the fitbit support site and they had me return my
fitbit for a replacement. Good Luck!
Best Answer
I just spoke with Fitbit Support. Apparently the firmware update to correct the issues with Charge 5, including the battery draining issue, is being released gradually to customers over the past week and the next couple of weeks. I look forward to receiving a new firmware update and hope that this allows my Charge 5 and all of yours to work normally again. If you receive and install the update, please let us know whether this resolves your issues.
Best Answer

@cfsFit I believe they are confused and/or just wanted to get you off the phone.  This IS the firmware release that was supposed to fix a battery drain issue and it IS being rolled out slowly. My wife still has not received a notification to update on hers. But I did and I updated mine. That is when an apparently new battery drain issue has surfaced. 

Unless they acknowledged that the newest firmware release is also causing battery drain issues I don't think you made it very far with customer service.

Best Answer
The agent did confirm that the 1.171.50 firmware release did cause the current battery drain issue on my device and said that the next release, due to reach me during the next 2 weeks, is intended to fix the issue. I hope that that is right.
Best Answer
hmmm. Since I returned mine for a replacement and it is taking them 2 WEEKS
to get it with their shipping label. I hope my new one has the updated
UPDATE so I don't mess with battery issues agan.... GRRR. Can't help but
wonder if they are in over their heads.
Best Answer

I received this same response for several weeks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have experienced issues with the device not responding, and battery not charging. Please release a fix. 

Best Answer

This morning i noted that also my oxygen chart was all messed up un the App. Weird that it happened only with Android. I've checked on my iPhone and everything was working fine. Any expected timeline to fix the issue? Thanks

Best Answer

cfsFit, I hope the new improved update is clearly labeled as such when it becomes available. I hope also it works for those people who haven't updated with 1.171.50. There are just too many variables and too much secrecy involved in this. The corporation needs to fess up and say clearly what they will do instead of having individual people be told on the phone by an agent.

I wish I could permanently get rid of the big gray box which tells me to update.

Best Answer

Re: “unexpected behavior during update “. My new charge 5 worked fine for 1 day until I attempted an update. My screen has been been stuck ever since (48+hours and counting) at what looks like a horizontal line indicating an update 3/4 complete. I have followed all suggestions in the set up guidelines multiple times and contacted live chat support twice. No resolution. Customer support chat rep says “our team” will email me as soon as possible. No other info provided. Anyone else have this issue?

Best Answer

Hello @FitbitCommunity ,

after updating my Charge 5 to version 57.20001.171.50 I noticed the following problems  for now:

- display activates itself in "normal mode" during certain movements/activities even if it is set to "manual".

- display does not always respond once in "run" training mode

- smart alarm vibrates only a few times and then automatically switches to snooze without manually setting the alarm to disable or snooze

Please fix
Best regards

Manuel

Best Answer

Not happy at all.

Since I updated my charge 5 it has not held a charge. Was full at 7am, flat by 11am.

My display has failed as well, nothing, just a blank screen.

Not even had this for a year!!!

What have you done?

Best Answer

Just my 2 cents , and an update to balance things out - my wife’s charge 5 is now 2 weeks on the new firmware and my charge 5 over a week. Neither one is having any issues. Battery lasts several days+. Everything working as expected. However, we still don’t see new clock faces. 

I’m guessing in most cases the new firmware is working fine but there is probably a very specific hardware version that is having issue with the new update. However , given the severity of the issue some people are having it should NOT take them this long to reproduce the issue and fix it. Either do that or replace peoples watches for free. 

Best Answer